• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America Comics #1 returned

92 posts in this topic

The book reappeared as mysteriously as it disapeared. It was found by my spouse this morning in a place where a half a dozen folks had looked before. It was in the guest's bedroom. I have no recollection of ever having it in that room. I'm just happy to have it back.

Thanks again to all who were concerned.

Wow, appears to be a victimless crime now!!

The book reappeared as mysteriously as it disapeared. It was found by my spouse this morning in a place where a half a dozen folks had looked before. It was in the guest's bedroom. I have no recollection of ever having it in that room. I'm just happy to have it back.

Spooky.

Either that or a guest took it and when they stayed again, they left it in the guest bedroom to eventually found by you.

Either that or a guest took it and when they stayed again, they left it in the guest bedroom to eventually found by you.

I doubt it. Like I said earlier, stolen property gets returned or found once out if every 50 blue moons ime (thumbs u

Could be a nephew or Grand kid whose parent stumbled on to it, and not wanting to spoil a family relationship, snuck it back into the house....keeping mum. I'm glad it's back.......if I could have only one GA book with the condition it was never sold....that would be it. What a fabulous comic. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Spooky.

I hope you don't hear voices in the night or see objects floating in the air :o

Maybe the house was built on a comic collector graveyard ?

Congrats on getting the book back (thumbs u

nice Cap 1 in your sig line David! :cool:

Mike, glad you got it back...maybe if I pretend I "lost" a Tec27 it will magically "reappear" lol

To be frank, I think there's a good chance this was actually someone you know. I've been very surprised by people over the years, which pretty much turned me into the cynical I am today.

+1

It doesn't matter who comes in my house, they never leave my sight. Mulder was right, "Trust no one."

I still want to know what a 'fortress' looks like.

Google it, kook!

Did that first. No help. "Fortress" must have been a trade name for these, because 15 years ago, they were just called "screw-down cases". (shrug)