• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what is going on at heritage?

186 posts in this topic

The Superman #6 CGC 7. 0 is also back.

Ok, I'm a bit confused now. I thought Heritage notified a boardie that his book did sell and the winning bidder paid the amount.

As I remember, the boardie was notified that the sale looked legitimate and they expected payment soon, but I guess it never came. I was especially interested as the boardie bought the book from me.

Actually EJR, I totally agree with you...

What happens to the winning bidders who had to bid and win against nonpaying/ fictional bids?

Aren't those winning bids a tad inflated since the underbid really wasn't legit?

I'd love to see Heritage contact those poor suckers who won and actually paid for the books and offer a discount... "We are sorry sir, but the underbidder was a deadbeat and thus inflated the price you had to pay"... I'm sure that will happen.

I'm tired of seeing these books magically appear again in consecutive auctions. The legit bidder who had to compete against these thrill bids loses; the auction house wins and the deadbeat bidder gets a slap on the wrist (and probably a Christmas card from Heritage.)

Not to mention the seller gets screwed in the deal as well. Hopefully the seller didn't start spending his "impending" proceeds too soon!

Ok, I'm a bit confused now. I thought Heritage notified a boardie that his book did sell and the winning bidder paid the amount.

As I remember, the boardie was notified that the sale looked legitimate and they expected payment soon, but I guess it never came. I was especially interested as the boardie bought the book from me.

Thanks Jeff, I do remember that. I'm still confused why Heritage would notify the seller that the sale looked legit and payment is pending soon, but at the same time re-listed the book in their July auction (which is how you noticed it in the first place). You'd think they'd at least wait until payment was made by the winning bidder before taking that action.

Thanks Jeff, I do remember that. I'm still confused why Heritage would notify the seller that the sale looked legit and payment is pending soon, but at the same time re-listed the book in their July auction (which is how you noticed it in the first place). You'd think they'd at least wait until payment was made by the winning bidder before taking that action.

I think they must have found out that payment was not coming, after all, and asked the seller if he'd like to relist the book in the next auction, but I'm only guessing.

Ditto that - who knows how many other bids were run up by deadbeat bidders hm

Actually EJR, I totally agree with you...

What happens to the winning bidders who had to bid and win against nonpaying/ fictional bids?

Aren't those winning bids a tad inflated since the underbid really wasn't legit?

I'd love to see Heritage contact those poor suckers who won and actually paid for the books and offer a discount... "We are sorry sir, but the underbidder was a deadbeat and thus inflated the price you had to pay"... I'm sure that will happen.

I'm tired of seeing these books magically appear again in consecutive auctions. The legit bidder who had to compete against these thrill bids loses; the auction house wins and the deadbeat bidder gets a slap on the wrist (and probably a Christmas card from Heritage.)