• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Flee-Marquette Shawarma report.... (Avengers Spoilers)

102 posts in this topic

I would also like to add that I deserve all of the love & adoration from the Tupenny Conan that his love for Shwarma has won for me

Shwarma, gyros and kebab sandwiches are very similar: often lettuce, tomato, meat (how the meat is cooked differentiates them) and tahini sauce.

Flee, that thin bread is called "lavash". I tell you this because should you go to other places for similar sandwiches they may give you a choice of pita bread or lavash bread. For dips like hummus or baba ganoush, pita is superior. But for these kinds of sandwiches lavash is the one to choose!

I am pleased I have a meatball sub I just assembled in the oven.

So has anyone else been motivated to go try this because of the movie? Or

does everyone already know about Shawarma and I have just been out of the loop. :facepalm:

My guess is that to sophisticated, metropolitan types it's as common as say, a large Italian, while to the hillbillies it's strange and exotic.

Shwarma, gyros and kebab sandwiches are very similar: often lettuce, tomato, meat (how the meat is cooked differentiates them) and tahini sauce.

Flee, that thin bread is called "lavash". I tell you this because should you go to other places for similar sandwiches they may give you a choice of pita bread or lavash bread. For dips like hummus or baba ganoush, pita is superior. But for these kinds of sandwiches lavash is the one to choose!

Thanks POV, I have had my share of gyros and always on pita bread. I really

like "lavash", it is just enough bread to keep everything together, but not

too doughy to detract from the inner ingredients. :headbang:

Thanks POV, I have had my share of gyros and always on pita bread. I really

like "lavash", it is just enough bread to keep everything together, but not

too doughy to detract from the inner ingredients. :headbang:

You are already at the Advanced Shwarma level! (thumbs u

does everyone already know about Shawarma and I have just been out of the loop. :facepalm:

I never even heard of a shawarma until this thread!

Yes I was out in front of the movie theater pimping flyers for Orlando Comic Expo at 3am

(missed the 2nd secret scene)

I never even heard of a shawarma until this thread!

Yes I was out in front of the movie theater pimping flyers for Orlando Comic Expo at 3am

(missed the 2nd secret scene)

Me either, but I bet Hulk could polish off a few of em :popcorn:

Note that there are THREE A's in Shawarma... :baiting:

(Some people are consistently misspelling it.)

speelingnazis.jpg

:baiting:

I am now motivated to find a place that combines gelato and italian ice. F U.

I love shawarma ever since I had the first time in Israel the first time in the mid 90s. But the one that the Arab restaurants serve there are made from lamb, not beef, so it is more like a gyro.

Since we were in Orlando, we headed over to Jeremiah's Italian Ice across the street for

dessert.

jeremiahs-gelati.jpg

Wow Flee! In this picture, you're right next to the "Knight's Library". $8 cover, free drinks till midnight and more drunk college girls than you can shake a stick at.

You were out at UCF partying and didn't even send me a PM! :censored:

Jeremiah's is great by the way. :)

I just love how you guys are freely interchanging Turkish and Greek food. :P

There is a vast difference between what a Turk considers a Gyro and what a Greek does, not to mention a Greek Gyro generally has tzatziki sauce, not tahini.

One is made with plain yogurt and cucumbers and the other is made from ground sesame seeds.

Don't get me started on nasty dolmas that the "falafel huts" try to pass off as dolmathes.