• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doug Schmell cashing in his vaulted massive collecion. Poll: Is this the top?

1,888 posts in this topic

What I was struck by was the depth of SA Marvel keys in this auction. How many high grade Hulk # 1s, TOS 39s, X-Men # 1s, etc. can one auction take?

I'm hoping a couple fall through the cracks and end up being good deals for collectors, but considering where a lot of the bidding is already, I doubt there will be too many bargains.

As I said earlier, I'm very interested in seeing the fallout of this auction in the coming months. I think a little patience will pay off for those looking for deals.

What I was struck by was the depth of SA Marvel keys in this auction. How many high grade Hulk # 1s, TOS 39s, X-Men # 1s, etc. can one auction take?

I'm hoping a couple fall through the cracks and end up being good deals for collectors, but considering where a lot of the bidding is already, I doubt there will be too many bargains.

Keep Dreaming....don't think it's gonna happen. Would be nice if it did. But I doubt it.

As I said earlier, I'm very interested in seeing the fallout of this auction in the coming months. I think a little patience will pay off for those looking for deals.

Meaning folks trying to sell their copies down the line? Yeah, definitely a possibility.

.....everything is now almost beyond my reach....even the weird stuff that I thought only I liked.....GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I think the good deals will come from collectors who buy these meshuga books and then need to cash out their stockpiles in order to save their marriages or pay child support.

It might be the booze, but I could've sworn I saw the 9.6 Avengers #1 with a 200k bid earlier this week and now it's sitting at 80k...

Retracted bid(s)? Mirage? Or did I just imagine the 200k bid earlier?

It might be the booze, but I could've sworn I saw the 9.6 Avengers #1 with a 200k bid earlier this week and now it's sitting at 80k...

Retracted bid(s)? Mirage? Or did I just imagine the 200k bid earlier?

being discussed in Silver forum. it was not a mirage

.....everything is now almost beyond my reach....even the weird stuff that I thought only I liked.....GOD BLESS.....

I'm really liking the JIM #84 CGC 9.4 - one of only 3 9.4 copies, no 9.6's and one of the single toughest SA Marvel to find in grade next to TTA #27.

I'm really liking the JIM #84 CGC 9.4 - one of only 3 9.4 copies, no 9.6's and one of the single toughest SA Marvel to find in grade next to TTA #27.

Has anyone looked at the book to determine if it is pressable into a 9.6?

I'm sure Doug would have tried. Looking at the magnified scan it looks like a solid 9.4 but I doubt it would have a shot at 9.6 from what I can see.

I'm sure Doug would have tried. Looking at the magnified scan it looks like a solid 9.4 but I doubt it would have a shot at 9.6 from what I can see.

If it's in Doug's run and it's "only" a 9.4, it's either got strong attributes not visible in the scan or it's as rare as tommorrow. That JIM 84 is certainly going to be a dark horse in the auction. So will the 9.4 FF 7 and the FF 18 (one that even T.B. may be interested in).....GOD BLESS...

Meaning folks trying to sell their copies down the line? Yeah, definitely a possibility.

Meaning people having to move a ton of stuff to pay for their winnings from this auction.

I think the good deals will come from collectors who buy these meshuga books and then need to cash out their stockpiles in order to save their marriages or pay child support.

Yep. (thumbs u

I'm really liking the JIM #84 CGC 9.4 - one of only 3 9.4 copies, no 9.6's and one of the single toughest SA Marvel to find in grade next to TTA #2735.

Fixed that for ya. TTA 35 is tougher. Anyone see the bidding on the 9.2 Circle 8 copy (even with C-OW pages)?

I'm amazed (and at the same time not amazed) that there are 3 copies of #84 in 9.4.

I'm really liking the JIM #84 CGC 9.4 - one of only 3 9.4 copies, no 9.6's and one of the single toughest SA Marvel to find in grade next to TTA #2735.

Fixed that for ya. TTA 35 is tougher. Anyone see the bidding on the 9.2 Circle 8 copy (even with C-OW pages)?

I'm amazed (and at the same time not amazed) that there are 3 copies of #84 in 9.4.

Begone, DC Lover..... :baiting: GOD BLESS....

I spent all my $ for this year and tapped. Have to watch these from the sidelines. :( unless I sell some stuff if I happen to bid and win. What to sell and what to keep. I did give some stuff to CLINK at SDCC for purchase power, but no where $ wise what I want to buy. a few FF and JIM I would love to have.

I thought about adding TTA #35 to the list but I've seen more of those in high grade than JIM #84 in the past few years.

I've owned a 9.0 and a 9.2 of TTA #35.

I'd never seen a copy of JIM #84 higher than 8.5 until recently.

The census shows an interesting tale

TTA #35 has 1 in 9.6, none in 9.4, 3 in 9.2 and 5 in 9.0 - 9 copies in 9.0 and above

JIM #84 has none in 9.6, 3 in 9.4, none in 9.2 (except for my sig series copy which is a Yellow label) and 3 in 9.0 - 7 copies in 9.0 and above

Both are tough depending on how you view them.

I wouldn't be so sure there are 3 JIM 84s in 9.4. Doug's was resubmitted at least twice, and I wouldn't count on the old label having twice been returned.

I'm a --I haven't bid on anything on Heritage in a few years and typed in a bid for something that was what I wanted to pay with the premium factored in, which of course will get the premium tacked onto it...so I might win something for a fairly high price. :frustrated: