• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doug Schmell cashing in his vaulted massive collecion. Poll: Is this the top?

1,888 posts in this topic

...that must mean Brulato only had a 9.4.....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Well the Curator 9.8 sold earlier this year, as well as another 9.6, so he had a crack at both of those--I bet he won at least one of them. With two new copies of this book on the market within just a year, I'm expecting more to hit--which is why established prices at the nosebleed level are too volatile to predict. I'm not so sure time will be as kind to a book like this as you suggested--in fact, I'm betting it won't. I could easily end up being wrong, particularly on this specific issue.

.....I was thinking the 7 or 18.....I thought you already had a nice 31. The 13 went for a record low.....I just don't get it. No love for the Watcher. I kind of thought the 18 would do closer to 20K. GOD BLESS....

P.S. Anyone catch the final on the JIM 84 ?

Hey Jimbo --

The FF #13 looked really toasty to me around the edges...no eye appeal, in my mind. That might have kept the prices down.

JIM #84 went for $35,800 with the juice.

Whew!

Dan

JIM #84 went for $35,800 with the juice.

Whew!

Dan

Yeah, the FF #13 was not the prettiest copy.

#84 went right where I thought it would. I had it pegged at $35K+

Finally, a benchmark sale for that book in high grade.

IMHO.....the prettiest FF 13 isn't even a 9.6.....it's the 9.4 Harley had that I believe came from Ritter. GOD BLESS....

At today's halfway point (241 of 483 books), $2,060,000 realized!!! $4Mill for today's auctions look possible!! :o

You know things are out of control when even my mother is looking at this auction, calling me, and saying "you were smart to save all those comics!"

Thank you, Doug Schmell--your collecting insanity has allowed me to win a 30-year argument. :makepoint:

IMHO.....the prettiest FF 13 isn't even a 9.6.....it's the 9.4 Harley had that I believe came from Ritter. GOD BLESS....

I sold a 9.6 that was even prettier. Snow white, perfectly centred and white pages.

Click on cloud 9!

:cloud9: