• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE PARK AVENUE COLLECTION
4 4

2,901 posts in this topic

On 3/3/2024 at 12:15 PM, Marty Mann said:

Haven't shared this in a long time, One of my original "TOP TWO" ...last Golden Age FLASH COMICS and origin of FLASH...

IMG FLASH COMICS #104.jpg

Nice!  One I had to let go when I was broke! 🥲

On 7/26/2023 at 2:21 PM, Marty Mann said:

The first comic book I ever bought...purchased in 1942  at the newsstand on the corner of 52nd and Market in Philadelphia.

IMG  ALL-WINNERS #4  (200 dpi).jpg

Did you not find it painful to entomb the very first comic you bought in hard plastic?

???

Edited by Hepcat

On 3/7/2024 at 12:15 AM, Hepcat said:

Did you mot find it painful to entomb the very first comic you bought in hard plastic?

???

I appreciate the preservation it offers...besides it looks "SO GOOD!".

On 3/5/2024 at 3:33 PM, plady69 said:

Nice!  One I had to let go when I was broke! 🥲

Sorry to here that.

Well what Molly Mayne used to lure Alan Scott into her boudoir is pretty obvious in those cover pics.

:luhv:

Those later All-American Comics with Harlequin on the cover are my favourites from the run.

:)

Edited by Hepcat

Great stuff Marty. Keep it coming. Excuse me if you’ve addressed this earlier. When did you first decide to “collect” your comics ie worry about keeping them nice?  When did they first get bags/boards?  Were you concerned about light, temperature or humidity at some point?  Were you aware of Overstreet early on?  Love stories about collectors before it was a thing so I’d appreciate hearing your journey as a collector.