• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you bother responding to this?

82 posts in this topic

I stopped responding to email from Ebay Users. When i was selling I was getting these emails. "You are asking way too much, i will give you XX for it ) and even as a buyer I have gotten strange emails. I once won a comic book and the person who was the second highest bidder, emailed me that I should sell it to him and he will trade me his full run of rare transformer comics. I just stopped responding to most ebay emails from other users. Have gotten into some disagreements and as I mentioned in another email a ebay stalker. I just stay away from engaging with them. Once you do, it opens the door.

Decided to ignore the message and add him to the blocked buyer list.

Thanks for the input guys.

That's probably the way to go.

I would have responded "So why the heck do YOU want the book then? Are you really that willing to settle in life? Do you really have that low of standards? Yeesh"

Something to that effect :grin:

"Dear stupid person,

Thank you for your time and input. I give your words as much weight as I might a five year old asking me why I chose a particular pair of pants to wear. Needless to say, your assessment of my experience and pricing knowledge has been measured and found wanting.

Hopefully you will be able to strike fear in another seller that doesn't have hundreds of comic transactions under his or her belt, and thus might be a better mark for your particular brand of scamtastic hucksterism.

May you contract syphillis from an unclean sex worker.

Cheers & etc,

October_Fire, Esq."

That's what you should'a done, you big chicken

Dear Douchebucket,

For YOU, I will LOWER MY price to eleventy million DOLLARS.

Hugs,

Ben Dover

I don't see the make offer button....could be the problem? All I see is the option to buy

It's right below the buy or add to cart option inside the big blue button that says "MAKE OFFER".

Maybe it's because I'm viewing it on iPhone but I only see the Buy It Now option

I don't see the make offer button....could be the problem? All I see is the option to buy

It's right below the buy or add to cart option inside the big blue button that says "MAKE OFFER".

Maybe it's because I'm viewing it on iPhone but I only see the Buy It Now option

That might be it.

There are three blue buttons on the regular screen.

Got this email through eBay today, regarding a restored book I have for sale. Personally, I think it's fairly rude and I am probably going to ignore it, but figured I would get some opinions first.

"since this book is restored , with the PURPLE LABEL OF DEATH , AS IT'S GRADING CARD , WHAT'S THE LOWEST PRICE YOUR WILLING TO GO ON THIS BOOK . keep in mind the purple label HURTS it's value and scares a lot of people away, THEY WON'T BUY IT , BECAUSE OF IT . --- maybe we can work out a price for it , if your willing to bring your price down to A FAIR value for a RESTORED COMIC ......."

COME ON Andy, I was just ASKING A QUESTION . you didnt have to be SO RUDE .

" keep in mind the purple label HURTS it's value and scares a lot of people away, "

:hi:

If it scares people away why is he bothering you. Don't even reply and get yourself aggravated, I know you have better things to do.

I got the same thing with a DD 4.0 I sold. Yor are asking way to much, "I'll give you $250" Sold for $434....

Or "change you BIN to $xx.xx and I'll buy it." Yeah you and everyone else chump. :eyeroll: