• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrity Signed Books
22 22

4,117 posts in this topic

This will be a random question, but here it goes!  Tyler Hoechlin from Superman & Lois is going to be at a local con next weekend.  Unfortunately DC has not published any Superman & Lois comics.  But there have been ads for the show on the back cover of many DC Comics.  If I were to pick a Superman book with said ad, and Hoechlin signed it, could I request CGC display the book backwards?  Back cover on the graded side, instead of front?

On 7/22/2021 at 9:05 AM, StingerMcK said:

This will be a random question, but here it goes!  Tyler Hoechlin from Superman & Lois is going to be at a local con next weekend.  Unfortunately DC has not published any Superman & Lois comics.  But there have been ads for the show on the back cover of many DC Comics.  If I were to pick a Superman book with said ad, and Hoechlin signed it, could I request CGC display the book backwards?  Back cover on the graded side, instead of front?

Yes, I believe you can.  I have seen a signature series book for sale on ebay where the back cover was blank & sketched on and was slabbed as the front side.  I was curious so I asked the seller about it and they said they just asked CGC to display the back cover on the front side of the slab.  

On 7/22/2021 at 11:27 PM, DELTA 62 said:

Yes, I believe you can.  I have seen a signature series book for sale on ebay where the back cover was blank & sketched on and was slabbed as the front side.  I was curious so I asked the seller about it and they said they just asked CGC to display the back cover on the front side of the slab.  

I think the OP should confirm this. It is very possible that this is now correct. It is also possible that they will only do it for Sketch Covers. Back in the day, I had Joe Pantagliano sign a FCBD Flip book that was Stray Bullets on one side and Matrix on the other.  I asked that it be slabbed with Matrix on the front, and they wouldn't do it because of which side had the indicia information. They demanded that it be slabbed with the indicia in the front. I would be worried about the same thing with a back cover ad.  Just another perspective to be reviewed. 

On 7/23/2021 at 8:26 AM, seanfingh said:

I think the OP should confirm this. It is very possible that this is now correct. It is also possible that they will only do it for Sketch Covers. Back in the day, I had Joe Pantagliano sign a FCBD Flip book that was Stray Bullets on one side and Matrix on the other.  I asked that it be slabbed with Matrix on the front, and they wouldn't do it because of which side had the indicia information. They demanded that it be slabbed with the indicia in the front. I would be worried about the same thing with a back cover ad.  Just another perspective to be reviewed. 

@StingerMcK For sure!  Totally agree.  A simple reach out to CGC customer service should hopefully answer your question.

On 7/23/2021 at 10:30 AM, DELTA 62 said:

@StingerMcK For sure!  Totally agree.  A simple reach out to CGC customer service should hopefully answer your question.

Plans changed, and I am not going to the con, but customer service did get back to me:

Generally, we do not encapsulate the book backwards but in a situation like this, if you put a note in with your book, they might consider it.  It would be at the graders' discretion, however.

On 8/21/2021 at 9:42 AM, LudaToke said:

I picked this comic out of $1 bin a few years ago and had it sitting in my collection.  When the show and signings were announced, I though it would be a good use for the book because it was in such good condition.  Very happy with it.

1.jpg

Awesome :) Nicely Done!

On 8/21/2021 at 8:42 AM, LudaToke said:

I picked this comic out of $1 bin a few years ago and had it sitting in my collection.  When the show and signings were announced, I though it would be a good use for the book because it was in such good condition.  Very happy with it.

1.jpg

Very nice!  Congrats!

On 8/26/2021 at 9:01 AM, DELTA 62 said:
On 8/25/2021 at 11:52 PM, BbqP.Bun85 said:

Finally got this back. One of the greatest comedy shows growing up as a kid. Thanks to @Kevlar for facilitating. Now waiting on an opportunity for Ed O'Neil, Katy Sagal and David Faustino to do a signing.

thumbnail_IMG_5009.thumb.jpg.14026e9293cff5623523f8c711b035ff.jpg

What about Buck!?!

Wonder if in a situation like this and you had a facilitator present and they inked his paw if they would note paw print added by Buck. hm 

Could also apply to other animals that appear in movies/shows.