• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

This is superdave 20 a racing fan from texas and not a shill

Is a shill someone whom bumps bids on auctions? I've heard of shill bidding on the "bay"...Not sure exactly what you guys are meaning by shill though. I gotta hit the hay..4:30 comes fast. You all have a gnight. :)

Alrghty ladies & genitals, I apologize for the delay but it took me longer than expected to get my scanner driver uploaded (my old Kodak camera was awful..hence the old). I can only ship in the U.S. Okay, roll that beautiful bean footage:

Category #1 (choose 1 from this section):

#1 Darth Vader #1 Blank Variant Edition Signed & Sketched by Gary Martin (it's encased in a holder that shant be mentioned on these boards, but you get my drift...I think)

Darth%20Vader%20sketch.jpg

#2 Wolverine Old Man Logan TPB (unread but has a crease in the bottom right corner)

Wolv%20Old%20Man%20TPB.jpg

#3 Magnus Robot Fighter #25 signed by Bob Layton (back in the good ol' days 1993..comes with what they used to use as "certificates"..I know this was signed as it was a Christmas gift from the shop owners where Layton attended their "Diamond Comics Annual Fall Fling")

Magnus%20Auto.jpg

Category #2 (choose 4 from this section):

#4 Wolverine Old Man Logan F-VF (has crease in bottom left corner)

2nd-Printing Variant..This is one of the more rare versions.

Wolv%2071%20var.jpg

#5 Wolverine Old Man Logan Giant Sized #1 NM

Wolv%20Old%20Man%20Giant.jpg

#6 Batman & Robin Eternal #1 Blank Cover Original Art Signed & Sketched Johnnie Johnson Front

Robin%20Sketch%20front.jpg

Robin%20sketch%20back.jpg

#7 Superman Unchained #6 Blank Cover Original Art Signed & Sketched Robert "Floyd" Sumner

Superman%20sketch.jpg

#8 Turok #1 Autographed by Bart Sears w/ "certificate" (this is another that I got back in 1993)

Turok%20Auto.jpg

#9 Superman Man of Steel #18 1st Doomsday NM

Superman%20Doomsday.jpg

#10 Magnus #12 1st TurokMag%20Turok.jpg

#11 Magnus #5 1st Rai (has coupons)

Magnus%205.jpg

#12 Green Lantern #13 Blank Cover Original Art Signed & Sketched Thomas Barnett

Green%20Lantern%20Sketch%20Yoda.jpg

#13 Batman Black & White #1 Blank Cover Original Art Signed & Sketched Brad Linder

Batman%20blk%20n%20wht%20sketch.jpg

#14 Rai #0 (no creases, off-white, 2 small indentions on cover)

Rai%200.jpg

#15 Star Wars #1 Blank Cover Variant Original Art Signed & Sketched Brandon Austin

Star%20Wars%20Sketch.jpg

All of the sketches come with COA

:bump: it real good....Salt and Pepper here....

Give him a break, he had to spend half the day just getting up to 50 posts!! :D

You guys might be surprised, he might really bring it with this offer.

Yeah not likely. Clearly The guy spammed 30 posts today to get his count up to 50. He's a newbie that just happened to find his way into pif land, then talks to people like he's a salty veteran.

I'm sure it's another shill, probably LavaMan again.

Not a salty veteran, just not taking mess from some guy sitting behind a computer whom thinks he owns a message board that he happens to visit. My skin is thick so twiddle your fingers on your keyboard to insult since this is so obviously your turf. This place seems fantastic, which is why I decided to join a while back (but cool places attract the good along with the bad, it's just sad that people like that tend to ruin fun activities such as this; many times for those whom don't have so thick ah skin).

I can understand your impulse to irritation, but techvoodoo is not prone to insults. His post may appear arrogant, but if you re-read it there is not much really offensive (aside from the term "newbie", and that supposition, if we want to consider them offenses). He’s everything but someone thinking he owns the message board. :)

"Shill" is used in a larger sense to indicate people which were banned from the forum and then re-registered under a different pseudonym, without much change of attitude.

It’s generally expected to have some offer ready when one takes a PIF offer, hence the "teasing" comments…

The current offer…

Alrghty ladies & genitals, I apologize for the delay but it took me longer than expected to get my scanner driver uploaded (my old Kodak camera was awful..hence the old). I can only ship in the U.S. Okay, roll that beautiful bean footage:

Category #1 (choose 1 from this section):

#1 Darth Vader #1 Blank Variant Edition Signed & Sketched by Gary Martin (it's encased in a holder that shant be mentioned on these boards, but you get my drift...I think)

Darth%20Vader%20sketch.jpg

#2 Wolverine Old Man Logan TPB (unread but has a crease in the bottom right corner)

Wolv%20Old%20Man%20TPB.jpg

#3 Magnus Robot Fighter #25 signed by Bob Layton (back in the good ol' days 1993..comes with what they used to use as "certificates"..I know this was signed as it was a Christmas gift from the shop owners where Layton attended their "Diamond Comics Annual Fall Fling")

Magnus%20Auto.jpg

Category #2 (choose 4 from this section):

#4 Wolverine Old Man Logan F-VF (has crease in bottom left corner)

2nd-Printing Variant..This is one of the more rare versions.

Wolv%2071%20var.jpg

#5 Wolverine Old Man Logan Giant Sized #1 NM

Wolv%20Old%20Man%20Giant.jpg

#6 Batman & Robin Eternal #1 Blank Cover Original Art Signed & Sketched Johnnie Johnson Front

Robin%20Sketch%20front.jpg

Robin%20sketch%20back.jpg

#7 Superman Unchained #6 Blank Cover Original Art Signed & Sketched Robert "Floyd" Sumner

Superman%20sketch.jpg

#8 Turok #1 Autographed by Bart Sears w/ "certificate" (this is another that I got back in 1993)

Turok%20Auto.jpg

#9 Superman Man of Steel #18 1st Doomsday NM

Superman%20Doomsday.jpg

#10 Magnus #12 1st TurokMag%20Turok.jpg

#11 Magnus #5 1st Rai (has coupons)

Magnus%205.jpg

#12 Green Lantern #13 Blank Cover Original Art Signed & Sketched Thomas Barnett

Green%20Lantern%20Sketch%20Yoda.jpg

#13 Batman Black & White #1 Blank Cover Original Art Signed & Sketched Brad Linder

Batman%20blk%20n%20wht%20sketch.jpg

#14 Rai #0 (no creases, off-white, 2 small indentions on cover)

Rai%200.jpg

#15 Star Wars #1 Blank Cover Variant Original Art Signed & Sketched Brandon Austin

Star%20Wars%20Sketch.jpg

All of the sketches come with COA

Yeah not likely. Clearly The guy spammed 30 posts today to get his count up to 50. He's a newbie that just happened to find his way into pif land, then talks to people like he's a salty veteran.

Not a salty veteran, just not taking mess from some guy sitting behind a computer whom thinks he owns a message board that he happens to visit. My skin is thick so twiddle your fingers on your keyboard to insult since this is so obviously your turf. This place seems fantastic, which is why I decided to join a while back (but cool places attract the good along with the bad, it's just sad that people like that tend to ruin fun activities such as this; many times for those whom don't have so thick ah skin).

I can understand your impulse to irritation, but techvoodoo is not prone to insults. His post may appear arrogant, but if you re-read it there is not much really offensive (aside from the term "newbie", and that supposition, if we want to consider them offenses). He’s everything but someone thinking he owns the message board. :)

"Shill" is used in a larger sense to indicate people which were banned from the forum and then re-registered under a different pseudonym, without much change of attitude.

It’s generally expected to have some offer ready when one takes a PIF offer, hence the "teasing" comments…

Ultimately I have zero respect for somebody that thinks it's acceptable to spam as many post as possible in one day in order to gain access to the thread and claim something.

I also find suspect that somebody that never participates on the message board happens to find their way into this thread. It's not sticking to the top of the form anymore and frankly if they spend any time reading the goings on in the thread it's not something that you would probably want to jump into if you had no experience around here.

Call me crazy but yes those things get my spider sense tingling.

Is this guy a shill? I think it's entirely likely. Is he at a minimum a donkey looking to take advantage of the thread and get free mess? Absolutely without a doubt. His offer at least proves that.

Clearly the number of posts required to participate in this thread should be raised to a minimum of 500 if not more. That or the minimum membership duration of one year, I don't really care which.

I appreciate that you took the effort to explain, I am a "kidder" & when I saw "My spidey sense in tingling" by voodoo that can only mean 1 thing (he was taking a jab at me, most likely because I'm new & my explanation sounded like that of your previous "shills"). The thing is, I was just explaining what was going on because I have lurked for quite some time & had watched this thread along w/other "AOK", "TGT", types of threads knowing full well that people paint you in a negative light before you even post "Ill take it" if you're new..and I get that you all have to look out for the lowlifes, but what I don't think is cool is labeling someone or implying as much when they're just trying to explain what's going on. So being that I threw a joke back...he obviously didn't like it because I'm not a salty vet. Anyhow, back to work.. Thanks again Vaillant..I truly do appreciate it (I think everyone wants the same thing here, to participate & have fun doing so..at least that's what I wanted to do. :)

Ultimately I have zero respect for somebody that thinks it's acceptable to spam as many post as possible in one day in order to gain access to the thread and claim something.

I also find suspect that somebody that never participates on the message board happens to find their way into this thread. It's not sticking to the top of the form anymore and frankly if they spend any time reading the goings on in the thread it's not something that you would probably want to jump into if you had no experience around here.

Call me crazy but yes those things get my spider sense tingling.

Is this guy a shill? I think it's entirely likely. Is he at a minimum a donkey looking to take advantage of the thread and get free mess? Absolutely without a doubt. His offer at least proves that.

Clearly the minimum number of posts required to participate in this thread should be raised to a minimum of 500 if not more. That worried minimum membership duration of one year, I don't really care which.

No time to fully reply but I was pm'd to do the posts to get my count up...soooo. :)

tech is really a most honorable guy, he’s really hardly one of those to blame for most of the "bashing" or teasing, but I understand from that comment he might have sounded harsh – he just likes to speak frankly so I wished to clarify as he’s not the kind of person which would "pile on" you. :)

Who's that one guy who got banned a while ago for scamming a bunch of people and it turned out he was just some kid? Based on the way this guy communicates i assume he's a youngster. Whether he's that guy or not I'm unsure but I'm sure the forum detectives will be a long presently.

Cross-posting… As I was saying… lol

Seriously, I can see your concern, but my spider-sense is not tingling, I think Pro2Newb is nothing but a "normal" newbie

Maybe a recalibration of your spider-sense is in order.

;)

Cross-posting… As I was saying… lol

Seriously, I can see your concern, but my spider-sense is not tingling, I think Pro2Newb is nothing but a "normal" newbie

Maybe a recalibration of your spider-sense is in order.

;)

That 13-years-old last guy was barely able to speak english… :shrug:

So, a few observations:

1) as Claudio (Valiant) pointed out, Techvoodoo is one of the most generous people to participate in this thread. In fact, if it weren't for guys like him, this thread would've died a long time ago. You don't have to be lurking very long to notice that a new scammer shows up seemingly every day, and this thread is like a bright flame to all the freebie seeking moths out there. You're not the first new boardie to spam the boards in order to get the prerequisite number of posts needed to participate in this thread, and I can't think of any before you that ended well. Also, we just outed a shill a few days ago in this thread, so people are going to be suspicious of a newbie jumping in the ring.

Now, does that justify giving every new board member the stink eye? I don't think so, but I can certainly understand why it happens. My advice to you would be to take it in stride, and not trade insults with respected boardies.

2) Going off the name on your photobucket account, and the large amounts of cards you have in there, am I correct in assuming that this is you?

http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/showthread.php/120-Have-you-had-to-use-the-ignore-button-on-this-board/page3

Because if it is, it's a little disconcerting that everyone in that thread seems to agree that you're a tool, and that you got banned. For my part, you come here with a clean slate. But looking at that thread, and the way you reacted to a pretty benign comment from Techvoodoo, I would humbly suggest that you don't take the "coming in with guns blazing" approach. This place is loaded with centuries of combined comic knowledge, and is a great place to meet people that can fulfill all your comic needs. It would be a shame to blow it over petty nonsense. 2c