• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

The current offer…

Alrghty ladies & genitals, I apologize for the delay but it took me longer than expected to get my scanner driver uploaded (my old Kodak camera was awful..hence the old). I can only ship in the U.S. Okay, roll that beautiful bean footage:

Category #1 (choose 1 from this section):

#1 Darth Vader #1 Blank Variant Edition Signed & Sketched by Gary Martin (it's encased in a holder that shant be mentioned on these boards, but you get my drift...I think)

Darth%20Vader%20sketch.jpg

#2 Wolverine Old Man Logan TPB (unread but has a crease in the bottom right corner)

Wolv%20Old%20Man%20TPB.jpg

#3 Magnus Robot Fighter #25 signed by Bob Layton (back in the good ol' days 1993..comes with what they used to use as "certificates"..I know this was signed as it was a Christmas gift from the shop owners where Layton attended their "Diamond Comics Annual Fall Fling")

Magnus%20Auto.jpg

Category #2 (choose 4 from this section):

#4 Wolverine Old Man Logan F-VF (has crease in bottom left corner)

2nd-Printing Variant..This is one of the more rare versions.

Wolv%2071%20var.jpg

#5 Wolverine Old Man Logan Giant Sized #1 NM

Wolv%20Old%20Man%20Giant.jpg

#6 Batman & Robin Eternal #1 Blank Cover Original Art Signed & Sketched Johnnie Johnson Front

Robin%20Sketch%20front.jpg

Robin%20sketch%20back.jpg

#7 Superman Unchained #6 Blank Cover Original Art Signed & Sketched Robert "Floyd" Sumner

Superman%20sketch.jpg

#8 Turok #1 Autographed by Bart Sears w/ "certificate" (this is another that I got back in 1993)

Turok%20Auto.jpg

#9 Superman Man of Steel #18 1st Doomsday NM

Superman%20Doomsday.jpg

#10 Magnus #12 1st TurokMag%20Turok.jpg

#11 Magnus #5 1st Rai (has coupons)

Magnus%205.jpg

#12 Green Lantern #13 Blank Cover Original Art Signed & Sketched Thomas Barnett

Green%20Lantern%20Sketch%20Yoda.jpg

#13 Batman Black & White #1 Blank Cover Original Art Signed & Sketched Brad Linder

Batman%20blk%20n%20wht%20sketch.jpg

#14 Rai #0 (no creases, off-white, 2 small indentions on cover)

Rai%200.jpg

#15 Star Wars #1 Blank Cover Variant Original Art Signed & Sketched Brandon Austin

Star%20Wars%20Sketch.jpg

All of the sketches come with COA

Why not instead of a post count you use a time on boards as requirment to participate in PIF this way a scammer cant just join and get 50 post in a day.say 6 months on board and 100 post.would help to keep the scammers etc away. This thread as said is too tempting to a Donkey who wants say a ASM 300 etc for free.

It's not my fault I take no responsibility for my actions!!!! They made me do it! :makepoint:

I don't see the fault in what I did because there was nothing wrong done tech. I am bowing out though & it can revert back to the previous offer as it's not worth it, I thought this threads intent was for any & all to participate. I can truly say though that I am sorry to you if I hurt your feelings &/or ego with my initial response after your spidey sense was tingling...If I had known it would be taken as anything more than in jest (after your comment) I wouldn't have wrote it.

On a different note, step back and think about why threads like this basically only have the regular participants.

Take care you guys (& gals). Good Luck going forward. :)

Why not instead of a post count you use a time on boards as requirment to participate in PIF this way a scammer cant just join and get 50 post in a day.say 6 months on board and 100 post.would help to keep the scammers etc away. This thread as said is too tempting to a Donkey who wants say a ASM 300 etc for free.

This would be a great rule if the books were sitting on a table and people could take them. Any offer can be vetoed by the previous person for whatever reason. SO if the offer or person is suspect you can always veto it and wait for another person to take your offer. Those Walking Dead books were awesome by the way - definitely had me considering my leaving the thread claim.

Offers updated - 2 new options and added 2 more Walking Dead books to Option 3.

Current Offers

I will pay shipping to anywhere in the USA only please.

Option 1 - East of West Slabs

#1 Ghost Variant CGC 9.8 SS - Hickman & Dragotta

& #2 CGC 9.8 Universal

20160219_090925_resized_zpsrfkkny02.jpg

Option 2 - Lady Mechanika Set

#0: NM+

#1: NM+

#2: VF/NM

20160219_091131_resized_1_zpsagzkyqso.jpg

Option 3 - Walking Dead

#8 1st Print: NM/NM+

#100 2nd Print: VF-/VF (Spine ticks, tough cover)

#100 Wrap: NM

#1 Escape: NM+

#127 1st Print: NM

#138: NM

20160219_091001_resized_zpswytqhoyl.jpg

20160220_212007_resized_zpsq7nbxpqy.jpg

Option 4: Treasury and Magazine size lot - you get all 11 books

Treasuries:

Star Wars 1: FN/VF

Star Wars 2: VF+

Batman books: VG to FN

PLUS Magazines:

Vampirella:

32, 34, 37, 50, 106 - all around FN/VF #50 is VF+.

20160220_204821_resized_zpssufzqy90.jpg20160220_210108_resized_1_zpsmuf0tr2h.jpg

Option 5: Big EC reprint lot (Gladstone)

38 books in total

Avg VF, many higher a few lower

20160220_211020-1_resized_zpsofi2xjto.jpg

Option 3 WD Lot :takeit:

I am ready to enter this fire pit!

Will post my stellar offerings when I'm home from the office tonight!

It's not my fault I take no responsibility for my actions!!!! They made me do it! :makepoint:

I don't see the fault in what I did because there was nothing wrong done tech. I am bowing out though & it can revert back to the previous offer as it's not worth it, I thought this threads intent was for any & all to participate. I can truly say though that I am sorry to you if I hurt your feelings &/or ego with my initial response after your spidey sense was tingling...If I had known it would be taken as anything more than in jest (after your comment) I wouldn't have wrote it.

On a different note, step back and think about why threads like this basically only have the regular participants.

Some valid points but please compare your offers to the Walking Dead books you claimed. Is there a person on this planet who would take your books in a trade for a Walking Dead 8 & 100 2nd print??? That person would have to not know books or be blind. The point of the thread is to pay it forward with (as close as possible) equal quality books. Do you honestly feel your offers met the rule?

Some valid points but please compare your offers to the Walking Dead books you claimed. Is there a person on this planet who would take your books in a trade for a Walking Dead 8 & 100 2nd print??? That person would have to not know books or be blind. The point of the thread is to pay it forward with (as close as possible) equal quality books. Do you honestly feel your offers met the rule?

Wow, I pit 100 SV to 100 sv. I bowed out bud, I really don't think there is further need to continue on. If aren't into my offer that is ok...hence I bowed out because I'm trying to steer clear of posts such as this.

As said before, I wish you & those in this thread the best.

Take care, Dave. :)

No one "took a beef" with you, as you americans would say – JAM_NYC comment was pretty fair (and he is usually quite stingy :lol: ) so I think you shouldn’t have become so sensitive and you should have taken the teasing for what it is, i.e. no big deal.

Members have learned to be a bit "inquisitive" to new participants of PIF because the thread have pretty much been really abused in the past, so you should understand that and not take this as a personal offense (this is also a very valid rule in everyday situations, although it’s always not-so-easy, I know).

Wow, I pit 100 SV to 100 sv. I bowed out bud, I really don't think there is further need to continue on. If aren't into my offer that is ok...hence I bowed out because I'm trying to steer clear of posts such as this.

As said before, I wish you & those in this thread the best.

Take care, Dave. :)

Fair enough. Why don't you hang out on the boards and discuss comic books with people and use your next 50 posts to become part of the comic community. Jumping into the PIF right of the bat is NEVER a good idea for pretty much anyone - its never worked out.

This would be a great rule if the books were sitting on a table and people could take them. Any offer can be vetoed by the previous person for whatever reason. SO if the offer or person is suspect you can always veto it and wait for another person to take your offer. Those Walking Dead books were awesome by the way - definitely had me considering my leaving the thread claim.

Here's the problem with relying on vetoes.

[boardie #1]- "cool, I see a free copy of a comic I always wanted! :takeit: "

"Here's my offers"

[insert well known donkey/new guy gaming the system/pederast]- "I know my offers are going to suck, but it's the best I can do. :takeit:"

[boardie #1]- "whatevs, as long as I get my book you can all go screw :banana:"

No one "took a beef" with you, as you americans would say – JAM_NYC comment was pretty fair (and he is usually quite stingy :lol: ) so I think you shouldn’t have become so sensitive and you should have taken the teasing for what it is, i.e. no big deal.

Members have learned to be a bit "inquisitive" to new participants of PIF because the thread have pretty much been really abused in the past, so you should understand that and not take this as a personal offense (this is also a very valid rule in everyday situations, although it’s always not-so-easy, I know).

Stingy? I believe the term you're looking for is "sarcastic individual_without_enough_empathy" :sumo:

:foryou:

FANTASTIC options...I would like to take option #3 if that is ok? I am a few posts short (15 after this post but I have already made a $160+ purchase on this site from the "sell" threads (if needing feedback I can provide his username)...or you can look at my Ebay 2093 100% positive feedback(s)... Let me know if I'm not qualified or if I am able to claim option #3 (The Walking Dead lot)and I'll start putting together my offer/give-aways?

Either way- I love those top 3 options!!! Good Job!

Thanks & take care all, Dave. :)

I can say I don't feel sorry for you. You are in for what ever you get now. You entered the thread asking for special consideration and then went full Derp from there, good luck.

Honestly I think since this thread is no longer stickied and the OP isn't frequenting it and probably can't edit the the first post perhaps the best course of action is to create a new PIF 2.0 Thread with a new/updated rule set.