• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

Knowing this group people will sit back and wait until a X-Men 1 is offered since the next offer could be a little bit better then the last one. Lots of reading and multitude of offers being bounced around has proved to be problematic.

Why??? There would be no more "if you claim something, you have to wait x amount of days until you claim something else."

And are you trying to argue that if someone offers up an ASM #300 and you really want it, you might not take it out of fear that someone may claim YOUR follow up offer and offer up an X-Men #1? :insane:lol

And this one at a time thing doesn't seem to be working whether you call it PIF, TGT or The Trading Post. Try something new!

I had some scans of what I'd be offering uploaded to the bucket already, so here we go,

Hope these are some good offerings for this thread.. We'll see if there are any takers between

now and this evening. :headbang:

Offer 1 – Aquaman 35 – 1st Black Manta VG/F

Aquaman35_zpsgs5njs4y.jpg

:takeit:

Please continue with your "discussion" as it may take a while for me to put together a "trade." I'm not at home so it maybe be a few hours before I get offers up.

I like this idea...some problems:

Person1 and Person2 are dueling for a ASM #300

Person1 has access to their own store and can constantly change up offers. Person2 only owns a short box and does have as much as Person1. Even though Person2 is doing the best they can, they are limited to their own short box. Eventually this scenario will only cater to those who can "afford to play" so to speak.

That will be funny when Person1 just so happens to have all the things Person2 is offering, and therefore includes those in his own offer.

Then Person 2 should kick rocks and wait for a more fitting offer they can match.

Rocks_zpswvzvcuus.jpg

So how about combining this:

Why not this:

Person A offers up ASM #300.

Person B comes along and :takeit: and offers up something.

If Person C wanted the ASM #300, he can also offer up something and the first one to get their item claimed wins the ASM #300.

Dueling claims! :idea:

It'll keep Person B and Person C motivated to have their offers claimed AND quickly. :ohnoez:

That would really motivate someone to "get my offers up later" if they really wanted the offer they are claiming!

And this:

I think some rules updates are needed, as I said:

• Minimum posts to participate 500 (up from 50)

• Must post offer within 8 hours (down from 24)

• Offer revets in 48 hours (down from 96)

• List veto power in offcial ruleset

You might have to work out the details regarding when posts should be made and if it should or should not revert. But definitely the 500 posts to participate.

I have officially been awake for 30 hours and still not home yet so my brain is operating even slower than normal. I am looking forward to re-reading this new idea though.

And if anyone wanted to take the initiative with "TRADE IT FORWARD", just start a new thread, list out the minimal rules and idea of the thread that have been discussed here and just move jaeldubyoo's offer(s) over there.

No one has to be the first offeror without claiming something. If jaeldubyoo is serious about wanting to claim the Aquaman, he'll offer up some good offers and if others wanted the Aquaman, they could dig through their inventory and post up some competition! Just give jaeldubyoo a heads up when you are going live so he can have a jump start.

:popcorn:

And if anyone wanted to take the initiative with "TRADE IT FORWARD", just start a new thread, list out the minimal rules and idea of the thread that have been discussed here and just move jaeldubyoo's offer(s) over there.

No one has to be the first offeror without claiming something. If jaeldubyoo is serious about wanting to claim the Aquaman, he'll offer up some good offers and if others wanted the Aquaman, they could dig through their inventory and post up some competition! Just give jaeldubyoo a heads up when you are going live so he can have a jump start.

:baiting: Sounds like you are the man for the job

:baiting: Sounds like you are the man for the job

2vmwkyc.jpg

I think CAHokie, Shadow Images or techvoodoo would do a great job. (thumbs u

***********************************************************************************************************************

:rulez:

• Minimum posts to participate 500 or one year.
  • Person A: Offers something.
  • Person B: claims Person A's Offer. :takeit:
  • Person B Offer something in return. Anyone can still claim Person A's Offer until Person B's Offer is claimed.
  • Person C claims Person B's Offer. Only now does Person B get Person A's Offer.
  • :news: If Person A believes that Person C's claim of Person B's Offer is fishy, Person A can "VETO" and Person A's offer goes back up. :news:

***********************************************************************************************************************

Something along these lines.

Not sure why these rules were changed. The offer prior to mine seemed a bit sketch however I thought I helped get things back on the right track here.

Since my offer was claimed prior to these new rules I'm assuming that these new rules have no impact on my claim or the claim on my offering?

I would not want the individual who claimed my offer recind in the event they don't want to play this new game.

Not sure why these rules were changed. The offer prior to mine seemed a bit sketch however I thought I helped get things back on the right track here.

Since my offer was claimed prior to these new rules I'm assuming that these new rules have no impact on my claim or the claim on my offering?

I would not want the individual who claimed my offer recind in the event they don't want to play this new game.

This would not effect your offer at all. Jaeldubyoo's offer would post in the new thread. He would continue to play as normal since he does not have to do anything different. The only change is on the part of the person or people who claim his offer.

This would not effect your offer at all. Jaeldubyoo's offer would post in the new thread. He would continue to play as normal since he does not have to do anything different. The only change is on the part of the person or people who claim his offer.

Thanks for the clarification.