• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

I think the best thread out of all of them is the RAK thread.

People can give whatever they want. People can take. And just allow ALL of the power in the giver. I mean, THEY are the only one's who should have a say anyway, right?

So if someone feels like being generous and offers up whatever, they should be the only one to complain if Donkeelo comes along and :takeit::banana::takeit: .

Just give absolute veto power and the regulars can just keep track among themselves. So when someone is claiming things all the time, just PM the offeror and tell them that and then the offeror can respectfully say "why don't you sit this one out champ. (thumbs u "

Because no matter how many rules you make, there will always be people who take advantage of these threads.

RAK is honestly the way to go.

RAK or a genuine Trading thread because that's all PIF has become anyway.

I think the best thread out of all of them is the RAK thread.

People can give whatever they want. People can take. And just allow ALL of the power in the giver. I mean, THEY are the only one's who should have a say anyway, right?

So if someone feels like being generous and offers up whatever, they should be the only one to complain if Donkeelo comes along and :takeit::banana::takeit: .

Just give absolute veto power and the regulars can just keep track among themselves. So when someone is claiming things all the time, just PM the offeror and tell them that and then the offeror can respectfully say "why don't you sit this one out champ. (thumbs u "

Because no matter how many rules you make, there will always be people who take advantage of these threads.

RAK is honestly the way to go.

RAK or a genuine Trading thread because that's all PIF has become anyway.

I actually agree with this...and nice mashup of Donkey and Meeklo!

Trading thread was tried and went down in flames.

Then people didn't want that. I thought it was an excellent idea and would love to see it up again at some point. I think people need to use it on a lower level. Trading drek for drek basically. It's a lot harder to complete a deal with "I have an ASM #129 9.4. Send offers." :boo:

But a "I have Magnus Robot Figher (new series) that I want nothing to do with now and isn't worth selling so if anyone is interested, trade me some drek"

Know what I mean?

I think a RAK thread would die a quick death imo.

PIF has put accountability, in part, on someone to not just take/take/take. They have to give back, and at least more recently we've taken it upon ourselves to hold the taker responsible to give in line with what they take or get called out.

I think a few tweaks to PIF are a better route, personally. Nothing is going to work and make everyone happy. PIF has the best and longest track record, there just needs to be the ability for someone to update the rules as needed.

I think some rules updates are needed, as I said:

• Minimum posts to participate 500 (up from 50)

• Must post offer within 8 hours (down from 24)

• Offer revets in 48 hours (down from 96)

• List veto power in offcial ruleset

But can anyone argue that PIF is anything other than a trading thread at this point?

"Your offer must be equal value." Sounds like some forced public trading thread for everyone's amusement. (shrug)

PIF is basically the trading post thread of unwanted items disguised as the RAK thread.

If you want the true altruistic intentions of PIF, they're over in the RAK thread. 2c

PIF is horrible now and at the very least should have a three month hiatus to let things reboot. I also agree with Swick's statements, and I didnt used to feel that way.

Give him a break, he had to spend half the day just getting up to 50 posts!! :D

You guys might be surprised, he might really bring it with this offer.

Yeah not likely. Clearly The guy spammed 30 posts today to get his count up to 50. He's a newbie that just happened to find his way into pif land, then talks to people like he's a salty veteran.

I'm sure it's another shill, probably LavaMan again.

Not a salty veteran, just not taking mess from some guy sitting behind a computer whom thinks he owns a message board that he happens to visit. My skin is thick so twiddle your fingers on your keyboard to insult since this is so obviously your turf. This place seems fantastic, which is why I decided to join a while back (but cool places attract the good along with the bad, it's just sad that people like that tend to ruin fun activities such as this; many times for those whom don't have so thick ah skin).

I can understand your impulse to irritation, but techvoodoo is not prone to insults. His post may appear arrogant, but if you re-read it there is not much really offensive (aside from the term "newbie", and that supposition, if we want to consider them offenses). He’s everything but someone thinking he owns the message board. :)

"Shill" is used in a larger sense to indicate people which were banned from the forum and then re-registered under a different pseudonym, without much change of attitude.

It’s generally expected to have some offer ready when one takes a PIF offer, hence the "teasing" comments…

I appreciate that you took the effort to explain, I am a "kidder" & when I saw "My spidey sense in tingling" by voodoo that can only mean 1 thing (he was taking a jab at me, most likely because I'm new & my explanation sounded like that of your previous "shills"). The thing is, I was just explaining what was going on because I have lurked for quite some time & had watched this thread along w/other "AOK", "TGT", types of threads knowing full well that people paint you in a negative light before you even post "Ill take it" if you're new..and I get that you all have to look out for the lowlifes, but what I don't think is cool is labeling someone or implying as much when they're just trying to explain what's going on. So being that I threw a joke back...he obviously didn't like it because I'm not a salty vet. Anyhow, back to work.. Thanks again Vaillant..I truly do appreciate it (I think everyone wants the same thing here, to participate & have fun doing so..at least that's what I wanted to do. :)

If you've lurked for a long time and know all about this thread as well as the old giving tree then you really have no excuse...

You were well aware of the rules and how this all worked before you decided to participate. You already knew that you didn't meet the post requirement when you posted about wanting to take TWD offer so why play games. You also knew what kind of reaction you would get based on what you took and what you put up in return.

I feel like you came here playing dumb, knowing full well what you were doing.

If you, "knew full well that people paint you in a negative light before you even post "Ill take it" if you're new", then why didn't you even try? You could have been prepared with offers or already had the how do I post a photo thing figured out. You could have maybe tried to match or exceed what you took. You could have tried to hit one out of the park your first time at bat instead of intentionally striking out and knowing full well the reactions you would get.

If you already knew how this all works then you already knew how it all would end.

66b1fdda56a6bf5cac2992db15a1748a_zpsy2kqpdat.jpg

PIF is a trading thread, in a manner of speaking. You trade it forward, but yes it's trading and I think that's absolutely fine personally. On the other hand a RAK thread is a giving thread.

The reason I think PIF works better is because like I said it puts at least some accountability on a person to not just take/take/take. It would be very easy for somenoe to fly under the radar of a RAK thread and take/take/take if the thread was busy enough.

I had some scans of what I'd be offering uploaded to the bucket already, so here we go,

Hope these are some good offerings for this thread.. We'll see if there are any takers between

now and this evening. :headbang:

Offer 1 – Aquaman 35 – 1st Black Manta VG/F

Aquaman35_zpsgs5njs4y.jpg

Offer 2 – Aquaman 42 2nd Black Manta VF/NM

Aquaman42_zpsyfdcnwu3.jpg

Offer 3 (2 Books) Marvel Spotlight 29 CGC 9.8 WP Moon Knight

Marvel Spotlight 29 30 cent price variant Fine

MS29_zps6vthn2yf.jpg

MS29Back_zpsnsa8aqkt.jpg

MS29Front_zpsrlgjff6l.jpg

MS29Back_zpsikqkwuio.jpg[/url

Trading thread was tried and went down in flames.

Then people didn't want that. I thought it was an excellent idea and would love to see it up again at some point. I think people need to use it on a lower level. Trading drek for drek basically. It's a lot harder to complete a deal with "I have an ASM #129 9.4. Send offers." :boo:

But a "I have Magnus Robot Figher (new series) that I want nothing to do with now and isn't worth selling so if anyone is interested, trade me some drek"

Know what I mean?

I can start bumping the trading thread again and see if it goes anywhere.

PIF is a trading thread, in a manner of speaking. You trade it forward, but yes it's trading and I think that's absolutely fine personally. On the other hand a RAK thread is a giving thread.

The reason I think PIF works better is because like I said it puts at least some accountability on a person to not just take/take/take. It would be very easy for somenoe to fly under the radar of a RAK thread and take/take/take if the thread was busy enough.

I think this thread gets watched by enough people to help monitor when things get out of hand.

I would recommend a "no complaining" policy. Like Swick said, let the person who posted the offer have complete veto control. If someone posts a drek offer, it will either get vetoed or it will revert after 48 hours. (There is no reason anyone here cannot wait 48 hours.)

If it gets vetoed or reverts, then hopefully that person has learned how it works and will do better the next time.

What we do not need is everyone making snide comments or bashing a person's offer. That negativity is keeping people from playing as well. Just let it go, it will veto out or revert, so why cause unnecessary drama?

Give him a break, he had to spend half the day just getting up to 50 posts!! :D

You guys might be surprised, he might really bring it with this offer.

Yeah not likely. Clearly The guy spammed 30 posts today to get his count up to 50. He's a newbie that just happened to find his way into pif land, then talks to people like he's a salty veteran.

I'm sure it's another shill, probably LavaMan again.

Not a salty veteran, just not taking mess from some guy sitting behind a computer whom thinks he owns a message board that he happens to visit. My skin is thick so twiddle your fingers on your keyboard to insult since this is so obviously your turf. This place seems fantastic, which is why I decided to join a while back (but cool places attract the good along with the bad, it's just sad that people like that tend to ruin fun activities such as this; many times for those whom don't have so thick ah skin).

I can understand your impulse to irritation, but techvoodoo is not prone to insults. His post may appear arrogant, but if you re-read it there is not much really offensive (aside from the term "newbie", and that supposition, if we want to consider them offenses). He’s everything but someone thinking he owns the message board. :)

"Shill" is used in a larger sense to indicate people which were banned from the forum and then re-registered under a different pseudonym, without much change of attitude.

It’s generally expected to have some offer ready when one takes a PIF offer, hence the "teasing" comments…

Ultimately I have zero respect for somebody that thinks it's acceptable to spam as many post as possible in one day in order to gain access to the thread and claim something.

I also find suspect that somebody that never participates on the message board happens to find their way into this thread. It's not sticking to the top of the form anymore and frankly if they spend any time reading the goings on in the thread it's not something that you would probably want to jump into if you had no experience around here.

Call me crazy but yes those things get my spider sense tingling.

Is this guy a shill? I think it's entirely likely. Is he at a minimum a donkey looking to take advantage of the thread and get free mess? Absolutely without a doubt. His offer at least proves that.

Clearly the number of posts required to participate in this thread should be raised to a minimum of 500 if not more. That or the minimum membership duration of one year, I don't really care which.

If you look back when he first appeared here, he asked if he could claim when he had 30 something posts. Another 'seasoned' member said it would not be too hard to get his posts up to 50. He broke no rules and took the advice of a 'regular.'