• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Mighty Thor Set #126-177 -- CLOSED!!!!!

18 posts in this topic

The Mighty Thor Silver Age Run

Selling because I do not have the space for this set and I’m raising money to go to FSC at the end of the month! I know the person who will appreciate this set is on these boards!

Rules –

No HOSers or Probies.

:takeit: trumps PM

PayPal only.

Price includes shipping to the continental United States. If someone wants it shipped to a location outside of the US needs to PM me to discuss before using the “I’ll Take It” sign.

Photobucket

This set includes The Mighty Thor #126 through #177 (#172-177 are Bronze Age)

52 books, no breaks in the run.

Conditions vary throughout the set, some are in great shape for their age and some of them are purely readers.

Anyone wanting to own the entire set of early Thor books to read and enjoy would want this run.

Each book was inspected and placed in a bag/board. I will list general conditions below.

Condition – Every book looks to have every page intact (except #126, it has a portion of the lower right corner of page 5 missing) and all contain yellowed pages.

Reader quality books – to me these are reader copies, they come with a loose cover and/or major cover damage (all have complete 90% plus covers, they just didn’t hold to staples) – 129, 130, 133, 136, 139, 140, 141, 142, 160

The rest have various forms of damage from use/poor storage. All have some degree of spine ware, spine marks, tears (none over an 1” to my knowledge), creases, bent corners, etc. I believe that many of these books would grade between a 2.0 and a 5.0 based on what I read and the way these books look to me. A handful have date stamps on the covers as well (145, 146, 152, 160, 162.)

I can provide scans of specific covers if requested. I really do not want to scan 52 different front/back covers.

Again, this would be a great reader set for a collector of Thor, Stan Lee and Jack Kirby. This is only 2 books shy of Jack Kirby’s full run of his art in the series.

SOLD PER PM!!! I do not wish to break this set apart. Please send me a PM with any questions, requests or offers.

Thanks for looking!

link to Comic Price Guide

I think it's safe to say more than one person on these boards will appreciate this set!

Absolutely great run and I would be very surprised if it's still available tomorrow at this time... Should go very quickly.

Someone take this already so I can stop thinking about why I want it! Great run that would go well with my JIM 83-125 run.... I can't buy it now though... I must be strong. Good luck!

Someone take this already so I can stop thinking about why I want it! Great run that would go well with my JIM 83-125 run.... I can't buy it now though... I must be strong. Good luck!

You know you want it M 1 :baiting:

:news:

Here are some scans of various covers from the run... some look good, some have tears, etc... if there is a specific cover you would like to see, just let me know. Issue 144 is in the worst shape of the run...

thor126.jpg

thor169.jpg

thor165.jpg

thor151.jpg

thor144.jpg

thor131.jpg