• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need a logo for your comic business or convention? The Doctor is in...

186 posts in this topic

im suing. you jason, i trademarked that logo the minute you made it

:slapfight:

Oh, man - I'm gonna have to find a lawyer...

Sir Balls, you're very talented. :applause:

(worship)

Awhile back I created a logo for Dscott's ComicSketchArt.com - as well as a wide variety of print collateral like art prints, business cards and portfolio inserts along with web graphics for CAF and Facebook. I developed a graphic system for his promotional materials that can be expanded as he gets more artists and still maintain a consistent look for his brand.

I kinda dig how the logo turned out on this one.

CSAExamples.jpg

Let's do a logo recap:

Boardie-Logo-Examples.jpg

I've got some other stuff, including Brock's Columbia Comics OSPG ad and some website graphics, business cards and banner for ComicSketchArt.com to post up in the next few days as well.

Thanks to everyone for looking!

Just came across this thread and I must say, you do excellent work Balls :applause:

Let's do a logo recap:

I've got some other stuff, including Brock's Columbia Comics OSPG ad and some website graphics, business cards and banner for ComicSketchArt.com to post up in the next few days as well.

Just came across this thread and I must say, you do excellent work Balls :applause:

Luckily, you didn't get dyslexic on us and say "excellent Balls work" lol

One of these days I need to save and spend some money with Dr. Balls and get my own logo. :wishluck:

Let's do a logo recap:

Luckily, you didn't get dyslexic on us and say "excellent Balls work" lol

One of these days I need to save and spend some money with Dr. Balls and get my own logo. :wishluck:

I'm here for ya!

Bump and a quick update:

Finished a logo for Investment Comic Supplies - distributor of E. Gerber Mylites products as well as microchamber papers that are cut to the exact size of your comics (Bronze or Silver) - really nice product - much more protective than other MCPs and definitel better than CGC paper :

ICS_LOGO_WEB.jpg

I have also taken on doing some other types of work for boardies such as OA retouching for sketch covers (so prints can be made) and print production (I have a great outlet for producing prints on art quality paper) as well as my normal graphic design work:

980x300_07.jpg

980x300_08.jpg

These turned out great and are perfect for people who want to display their commissioned covers, but want to have the mastheads removed, or even for artists who create killer art on a cover - but want to sell prints of it at conventions.

I highly recommend Dr. Balls. He did some work for me a while back. Not only was it quick, it was excellent quality and looked great!

Man up, get some Balls now! :sumo:

(worship)

Couple updates here. First, you can check out my comic-related design work now at ComicCreative.com which also has information on my services as well as the creative process when working on logo and branding projects. If you're interested in having me create a logo - please give it a cruise!

ComicCreative.com - logo design for comic shops, sellers and conventions

Second, just finished up a project for Thirdgreenham for his Coin, Comics and Collectibles business: Forest City Coins. One of the aspects I enjoyed on this project was replicating the typography from his signage - which, at first glace may look like it was done with a standard font - but it was not, and required some hand-rendering of letters in the typeface, not to mention the additional adjustments for putting it on a circle. It's nice to whip out the old-school skillz.

I created two sets of promotional materials for him, one comics-related, the other coins-related. Nice, bold looking graphics system here that pulls together some of his pre-existing branding to give the overall business a cohesive look!

forestcitycoins_example.jpg

Couple updates here. First, you can check out my comic-related design work now at ComicCreative.com which also has information on my services as well as the creative process when working on logo and branding projects. If you're interested in having me create a logo - please give it a cruise!

ComicCreative.com - logo design for comic shops, sellers and conventions

Second, just finished up a project for Thirdgreenham for his Coin, Comics and Collectibles business: Forest City Coins. One of the aspects I enjoyed on this project was replicating the typography from his signage - which, at first glace may look like it was done with a standard font - but it was not, and required some hand-rendering of letters in the typeface, not to mention the additional adjustments for putting it on a circle. It's nice to whip out the old-school skillz.

I created two sets of promotional materials for him, one comics-related, the other coins-related. Nice, bold looking graphics system here that pulls together some of his pre-existing branding to give the overall business a cohesive look!

forestcitycoins_example.jpg

Now that I have all Andy's info, I'm going to spam him with tons of inappropriate website subscriptions! :devil: