• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fellow Boardies Help, Is my ASM 1 Restored?

678 posts in this topic

:news::news::news:

The store owner is 100% legit. (thumbs u

I also know the store and what it's likely to stock at any given time and his claims that he doesn't often get stuff like this through the doors and doesn't have huge experience dealing with it is correct.

Give the guy a break, as his reputation is being tarnished by an individual that nobody can vouch for and who is spinning ever-changing tales to suit his mood. (thumbs u

:applause:

:news::news::news:

The store owner is 100% legit. (thumbs u

I also know the store and what it's likely to stock at any given time and his claims that he doesn't often get stuff like this through the doors and doesn't have huge experience dealing with it is correct.

Give the guy a break, as his reputation is being tarnished by an individual that nobody can vouch for and who is spinning ever-changing tales to suit his mood. (thumbs u

:applause:

Hey, this is all we ever asked for as the OP was definitely posting some questionable "facts" about this transaction (thumbs u

I still think that you should post who you are as others have said, you definitely did the right thing here with this guy even though you maybe shouldnt have. theres a ton of UK boardies who would respect that and visit your store and give you business (thumbs u

As far as my post from the 1st page you quoted, that was based on what the OP said that you didnt tell him there was any restoration. As you've cleared up that you DID in fact tell him this numerous times, i do apologize and hope you stay around. Like i said, it can definitely help you and your business as no one is going to hold someone elses lies against you :foryou:

So, why isn't he typing his post in British?

OI THERE, BLOKES, THIS IS THE BLOKE IN QUESTION YOU'RE ALL BOLLIXING ABOUT 'ERE IN THIS THREAD, AND I'M 'ERE TO TELL YOU THAT ARSE WHO BOUGHT THE BOOK FROM ME IS A RIGHT BLOODY BUGGAR AND THIS WHOLE THREAD REALLY CHEESES ME OFF. GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

I love British slang, I wish he would have typed it that way.

Thank you Nick - a gent.

That does sound like libel... the free delight people take in throwing these types of accusations around in threads like these based upon loose evidence is disconcerting.

Another sane voice (has been all along) - that really was my whole point when I originally posted - they can make all the excuses in the world, but some people need to learn to think before they make bold, sweeping and potentially harmful PUBLIC statements about someone they know nothing about.

i do apologize and hope you stay around.

Thank you. Thats all I ever asked for. You really did offend me (it wasn't just you, but that posting of yours was a doozy), and then tried to make fun of me over something I was clearly annoyed and upset about. Like I say, you weren't the only one by far, but I hope a lesson can be learned.

And with that, I am out of here, mask still intact

OI THERE, BLOKES, THIS IS THE GEEZER IN QUESTION YOU'RE ALL BOLLIXING ABOUT 'ERE IN THIS THREAD, AND I'M 'ERE TO TELL YOU THAT ARSE WHO BOUGHT THE BOOK FROM ME IS A RIGHT BLOODY BUGGAR AND THIS WHOLE THREAD REALLY CHEESES ME OFF. GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

I love British slang, I wish he would have typed it that way.

Corrected

OI THERE, BLOKES, THIS IS THE BLOKE IN QUESTION YOU'RE ALL BOLLIXING ABOUT 'ERE IN THIS THREAD, AND I'M 'ERE TO TELL YOU THAT ARSE WHO BOUGHT THE BOOK FROM ME IS A RIGHT BLOODY BUGGAR AND THIS WHOLE THREAD REALLY CHEESES ME OFF. GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

Dick Van Dyke, is that you?

Thank you Nick - a gent.

That does sound like libel... the free delight people take in throwing these types of accusations around in threads like these based upon loose evidence is disconcerting.

Another sane voice (has been all along) - that really was my whole point when I originally posted - they can make all the excuses in the world, but some people need to learn to think before they make bold, sweeping and potentially harmful PUBLIC statements about someone they know nothing about.

i do apologize and hope you stay around.

Thank you. Thats all I ever asked for. You really did offend me (it wasn't just you, but that posting of yours was a doozy), and then tried to make fun of me over something I was clearly annoyed and upset about. Like I say, you weren't the only one by far, but I hope a lesson can be learned.

And with that, I am out of here, mask still intact

You SHOULD say who you are though. If Nick vouches for you which he has, i GUARANTEE you that some of our UK boardies will give you some business (thumbs u

Joseph, I don't know if you found any of posts offensive but if you did then I apologise and I also apologise for doubting you. The conflicting stories of the original poster convinced me that your posts were part of his strange behaviour here.

There is a fairly strong UK presence here so you'd be a welcome sight here in the future if you were of the mind to stick around. Being on your side of this discussion I can see why you'd be unimpressed with the place but there are some very good people here.

Best wishes.

Garry

Get off it you cheeky sod!

Get off it you cheeky sod!

Stone the crows, would you adam and eve it? Pov's gawn all gorblimey!!!!

I'm glad Joseph got his name cleared, as he deserves to. He's a great guy, and all of the blame for this whole incident really does fall on me.

I apologize for the mess I've caused, with stories that were less than 100% factual. I'm sure I won't be receiving the respect of a lot of the board members, but that's fine by me, and rightfully what I deserve.

Joseph and I have sorted out our own matters, and he was nothing but an absolute gentleman and great guy. Gave me a full refund, no questions asked, and there are no ill feelings between the two of us.

I'm glad Joseph got his name cleared, as he deserves to. He's a great guy, and all of the blame for this whole incident really does fall on me.

I apologize for the mess I've caused, with stories that were less than 100% factual. I'm sure I won't be receiving the respect of a lot of the board members, but that's fine by me, and rightfully what I deserve.

Joseph and I have sorted out our own matters, and he was nothing but an absolute gentleman and great guy. Gave me a full refund, no questions asked, and there are no ill feelings between the two of us.

Dude, it's all good, no one was hurt so it'll all blow over in time.

Just some advice, like I said earlier in the thread, it's IMPOSSIBLE to get anything past some of the people here. As bad as anything will be, it isn't going to be as bad as if people catch you lying here. Others have vouched for you as a solid buyer so just stick to the truth and it'll all be good.

You will catch mess for this for about 7-8 years though from time to time lol