• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fellow Boardies Help, Is my ASM 1 Restored?

678 posts in this topic

You mean this? £

:o

Florida is in England?!? Damn Canadian school geography lessons. They're as bad as Roy's apell check. :sorry:

lol

apprently i'm in Davie, England hm I dont think the Brits would be too fond of the rednecks we got out here!

As soon as he said it i was like "doesnt my ipad have a pound sign???". Sure enough, there it was (thumbs u

I also find it VERY odd that in that post he said" the last thing I want is for someone to send it off to get it slabbed".

Someone who doesn't deal with CGC whatsoever and has never used them doesn't usually use that term. If I said slabbed to one of my friends that doesn't deal in CGC at all, they wouldn't know what I'm talking about. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think that's a term that people who aren't familiar with CGC or these boards uses hm

You mean this? £

:o

Florida is in England?!? Damn Canadian school geography lessons. They're as bad as Roy's apell check. :sorry:

lol

apprently i'm in Davie, England hm I dont think the Brits would be too fond of the rednecks we got out here!

As soon as he said it i was like "doesnt my ipad have a pound sign???". Sure enough, there it was (thumbs u

double doh! doh!

Do I win an award for being dumbarse of the week?

Its just means he's one of the 2.9 billion people that own an ipad :gossip:

Or the 27.3 million people that know how to make a pound sign with an American keyboard.

Just hold down the alt key and type the F4 button, dude. hm

lol

you got me with that one.

Do I win an award for being dumbarse of the week?

Why yes! You win £1.

Not $1....... lol

Or the 27.3 million people that know how to make a pound sign with an American keyboard.

lol

you got me with that one.

Dice's use of "Just" and "dude" lent an honest innocence to his evil trickery.

But now I am wondering if he types on a buttonboard.

Is there a store name in there anywhere? I ain't reading all that

Heavens no. Do you think we're dealing with an amateur?

Not enough random u's or Limey words in there for me to buy it.

Smells like teen shillit.

+1

Like I said before, his 1st email didn't sound British in the least!

This one was no better. There's no possible way an angry lifetime Brit wrote that post (thumbs u

Ok i've seen you say this a few times in this thread. I'm a Brit but would write exactly as the person who wrote those two emails did. Yes we use different words, spellings and slang but most of us are aware of that and only use it when talking to each other, not when replying to something serious or posting on a board that is primarily American.

I did make the mistake of asking someone in Miami for a fag once though :blush:

+1

This one was no better. There's no possible way an angry lifetime Brit wrote that post (thumbs u

Ok i've seen you say this a few times in this thread. I'm a Brit but would write exactly as the person who wrote those two emails did. Yes we use different words, spellings and slang but most of us are aware of that and only use it when talking to each other, not when replying to something serious or posting on a board that is primarily American.

:popcorn:

lol

+1

It's hot in Miami.

+1

Any idea who this 30-year dealer from your hometown is?

+1

My guess would be Lord Haw Haw or The Admirable Crichton.

+1

My guess would be Lord Haw Haw or The Admirable Crichton.

:idea:

I seriously don't want to keep returning here to answer to anyone. I have a bushiness to run, and this is an unnecessary distraction.

Why on earth are some people so obsessed to know who I am?

Further more, what right have you to demand to know, and also question my authenticity?

Why is my book a 'POC'?

I did not ask to be discussed about in these boards. The collector in question wanted advice from you, thats fair enough, but its certainly not my fault some of you got the wrong end of the stick. It wasn't of my doing.

I have posted all the details regarding this affair, to satisfy those curious minds, and get this awful mess off my chest. Please respect the fact that I don't want to be named. I could just ignore anything further, but its kind of difficult, when people are talking about you.

I foolishly thought there may even be someone decent enough to offer an apology to me in the same public fashion they have slagged me (and my book) off!

So far since posting, I think I have been likened to a foolish teen, a fabricator, who isn't even British, an obviously fraud because I don't deal in slabbed books, but used the holy word 'slabbed' without being part of the secret handshake club, and numerous other absurdities. You may you think you being clever or funny, but try to remember you are dealing with someones livelihood here. If I had set out to defraud, then I would deserve all that I had coming to me, but I am an innocent party here, who may have overpriced a book.

I would suggest that some of you may wish that my identity remains a mystery, because if my name or my shop end up getting associated with certain comments made, there may well be a legal case to answer. There are laws in place to protect both individuals and business against defamation of character, and damage to business interests that result. Best make sure you have the facts, before making statements as true. That you were working with misleading information given my someone else is not an excuse in the eyes of the law.

I don't know how else to express my feelings about all of this. I didn't start out wanting to threaten, but am getting very fed up with all of this. I respect those that have graciously stepped back when the truth was becoming clearer (although I am as yet to hear anything likening to an apology), but there still are a few who continue to bate. I've had enough guys, please leave my (as yet unknown) identity alone.

For the one or two ignorant people out there, who most likely have never traveled further than their own shores, yet can spot a fake Brit a mile off, I don't speak like the Queen, I don't wear a bowler hat, and I didn't eat jellied eels or fish and chips last night, nor do I dance the Lambeth Walk, call everyone bloke and mate etc.