• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fellow Boardies Help, Is my ASM 1 Restored?

678 posts in this topic

OK, done as requested - now maybe you can leave me alone (unless of course you want to buy a ASM #1 (grade POC) )

Thats all we ever asked (thumbs u

If you are on the up and up, youll find this is a great place. Again, unfortunately for some reason the OP spun a story that couldnt possibly be true which you have confirmed a lot of it wasnt. Because he is clearly lying about a lot of things, it casts suspicion on you. Every single day fake people sign up on here for a variety of reasons. If Gaz or Nick say you are who you say you are, youll be glad you joined here as theres a TON of UK boardies who would probably like to take a look at your store and do business.

OK, done as requested - now maybe you can leave me alone (unless of course you want to buy a ASM #1 (grade POC) )

Thats all we ever asked (thumbs u

If you are on the up and up, youll find this is a great place. Again, unfortunately for some reason the OP spun a story that couldnt possibly be true which you have confirmed a lot of it wasnt. Because he is clearly lying about a lot of things, it casts suspicion on you. Every single day fake people sign up on here for a variety of reasons. If Gaz or Nick say you are who you say you are, youll be glad you joined here as theres a TON of UK boardies who would probably like to take a look at your store and do business.

(thumbs u

:applause:

I didn't see that he threatened a lawsuit basically!

My all time favorite! :cloud9:

It's AMAZING how catch all people think slander/defamation laws are :roflmao:

Nothing bad has been said about the dealer in this entire thread. The dealer did the honorable thing by giving the guy a refund and can benefit greatly from his name being known.

However, the OP is full of mess and has done nothing but fabricate lie after lie and is now so deep he can't see a way out other than to keep digging his hole. He's now throwing out baseless legal threats to scare people away. lol

The best thing he can do at this point is to just come clean. In the grand scheme of things nobody really gives a damn. They're just entertaining themselves with him. Much like a cat swatting a ball of yarn.

+1

The only bad thing said about the dealer is that he cant spot resto worth a damn which he himself has freely admitted so i dont see a libel lawsuit gaining much traction lol

Nothing bad has been said about the dealer in this entire thread. The dealer did the honorable thing by giving the guy a refund and can benefit greatly from his name being known.

However, the OP is full of mess and has done nothing but fabricate lie after lie and is now so deep he can't see a way out other than to keep digging his hole. He's now throwing out baseless legal threats to scare people away. lol

The best thing he can do at this point is to just come clean. In the grand scheme of things nobody really gives a damn. They're just entertaining themselves with him. Much like a cat swatting a ball of yarn.

+1

The only bad thing said about the dealer is that he cant spot resto worth a damn which he himself has freely admitted so i dont see a libel lawsuit gaining much traction lol

Somebody claimed he was Scottish - that could be upsetting.

+1

Somebody claimed he was Scottish - that could be upsetting.

lol

Its just means he's one of the 2.9 billion people that own an ipad :gossip:

Or the 27.3 million people that know how to make a pound sign with an American keyboard.

Just hold down the alt key and type the F4 button, dude. hm

lol

you got me with that one.

Dice's use of "Just" and "dude" lent an honest innocence to his evil trickery.

But now I am wondering if he types on a buttonboard.

lol

+1

Its a good job you know you libel laws so well, I'm impressed. So you obviously understand this:

libel (for written, broadcast, or otherwise published words)—is the communication of a statement that makes a claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government, or nation a negative image. This can be also any disparaging statement made by one person about another, which is communicated or published, whether true or false, depending on legal state. In Common Law it is usually a requirement that this claim be false and that the publication is communicated to someone other than the person defamed (the claimant).[1]

There is no possible way a 30 year dealer didnt see that resto unless he is brain dead. NO POSSIBLEWAY!

... this guy screwed you plain and simple and THAT makes me sick to my stomach. people like that are the freaking scum of the earth imo. He reeled you in with some nice lesser books and then hit you with the big scam imo. You can think he is stand up but again, that resto is laughable imo and i dont think theres even the slightest chance in hell that he didnt know about it.

Sellers like that are what gives this hobby and bad name and make a LOT of good collectors sick with it and want out of this great hobby rantrant

I would say there is the communication of a statement that makes a claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that gives me and my business a negative image, and that it was communicated to someone (ie the OP of this thread) other than the person defamed.

This is just one of many I have saved.

I hate for things to get to this, but if you really want to call me out, thats your choice. I am happy to leave it with an admission that you were in the wrong (based on what someone else had said, but you were still in the wrong), to leave my name out of this, and not to try and take the p*** out of a serious matter.

Considering neither you nor your store were named in that screed, good luck with your claim.

PS: Sisyphus called, he wants to know if you will take the rock pushing over for a couple of decades.

Considering neither you nor your store were named in that screed, good luck with your claim.

PS: Sisyphus called, he wants to know if you will take the rock pushing over for a couple of decades.

exactly how I am happy to leave it. Its not me crying out to be named! Your man there making libellous statements is one of the loudest shouting "NAME HIM, NAME HIME"

For the record, I am known by name and identity to the OP (he's not a ficticious guy either, and I bear him no malice, despite all that has happened). On these public boards, you communicated to the OP all of the above. That makes for libel.

+1

Its a good job you know you libel laws so well, I'm impressed. So you obviously understand this:

libel (for written, broadcast, or otherwise published words)—is the communication of a statement that makes a claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government, or nation a negative image. This can be also any disparaging statement made by one person about another, which is communicated or published, whether true or false, depending on legal state. In Common Law it is usually a requirement that this claim be false and that the publication is communicated to someone other than the person defamed (the claimant).[1]

There is no possible way a 30 year dealer didnt see that resto unless he is brain dead. NO POSSIBLEWAY!

... this guy screwed you plain and simple and THAT makes me sick to my stomach. people like that are the freaking scum of the earth imo. He reeled you in with some nice lesser books and then hit you with the big scam imo. You can think he is stand up but again, that resto is laughable imo and i dont think theres even the slightest chance in hell that he didnt know about it.

Sellers like that are what gives this hobby and bad name and make a LOT of good collectors sick with it and want out of this great hobby rantrant

I would say there is the communication of a statement that makes a claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that gives me and my business a negative image, and that it was communicated to someone other than the person defamed.

I hate for things to get to this, but if you really want to call me out, thats your choice. I am happy to leave it with an admission that you were in the wrong (based on what someone else had said, but you were still in the wrong), to leave my name out of this, and not to try and take the p*** out of a serious matter.

I'll be on the lookout for my subpoena :roflmao:

Dude! you're letting the facts get in the way of this awesome potential claim! lol

We have thread of the decade potential here, dont screw it up! :wishluck:

I would say there is the communication of a statement that makes a claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that gives me and my business a negative image, and that it was communicated to someone other than the person defamed.

That does sound like libel. This wouldn't be worth pursuing even if you weren't anonymous and had suffered reputation damage given the fact that you're in different countries, but the free delight people take in throwing these types of accusations around in threads like these based upon loose evidence is disconcerting. :sick: Many of the cries for justice and vindication are a false front--people just enjoy a good witch hunt because they find it entertaining. :popcorn:

SNIP

There's a real easy way to put this to bed.

PM me your name and the name of your shop. If you're genuine, I'll not reveal your details to anybody but I will post to this thread that you're on the up-and-up. (thumbs u

Should we not wait for a answer from Flaming_Telepath ?

:makepoint:

:news::news::news:

The store owner is 100% legit. (thumbs u

I also know the store and what it's likely to stock at any given time and his claims that he doesn't often get stuff like this through the doors and doesn't have huge experience dealing with it is correct.

Give the guy a break, as his reputation is being tarnished by an individual that nobody can vouch for and who is spinning ever-changing tales to suit his mood. (thumbs u