• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fellow Boardies Help, Is my ASM 1 Restored?

678 posts in this topic

I seriously don't want to keep returning here to answer to anyone. I have a bushiness to run, and this is an unnecessary distraction.

Why on earth are some people so obsessed to know who I am?

Further more, what right have you to demand to know, and also question my authenticity?

Why is my book a 'POC'?

I did not ask to be discussed about in these boards. The collector in question wanted advice from you, thats fair enough, but its certainly not my fault some of you got the wrong end of the stick. It wasn't of my doing.

I have posted all the details regarding this affair, to satisfy those curious minds, and get this awful mess off my chest. Please respect the fact that I don't want to be named. I could just ignore anything further, but its kind of difficult, when people are talking about you.

I foolishly thought there may even be someone decent enough to offer an apology to me in the same public fashion they have slagged me (and my book) off!

So far since posting, I think I have been likened to a foolish teen, a fabricator, who isn't even British, an obviously fraud because I don't deal in slabbed books, but used the holy word 'slabbed' without being part of the secret handshake club, and numerous other absurdities. You may you think you being clever or funny, but try to remember you are dealing with someones livelihood here. If I had set out to defraud, then I would deserve all that I had coming to me, but I am an innocent party here, who may have overpriced a book.

I would suggest that some of you may wish that my identity remains a mystery, because if my name or my shop end up getting associated with certain comments made, there may well be a legal case to answer. There are laws in place to protect both individuals and business against defamation of character, and damage to business interests that result. Best make sure you have the facts, before making statements as true. That you were working with misleading information given my someone else is not an excuse in the eyes of the law.

I don't know how else to express my feelings about all of this. I didn't start out wanting to threaten, but am getting very fed up with all of this. I respect those that have graciously stepped back when the truth was becoming clearer (although I am as yet to hear anything likening to an apology), but there still are a few who continue to bate. I've had enough guys, please leave my (as yet unknown) identity alone.

For the one or two ignorant people out there, who most likely have never traveled further than their own shores, yet can spot a fake Brit a mile off, I don't speak like the Queen, I don't wear a bowler hat, and I didn't eat jellied eels or fish and chips last night, nor do I dance the Lambeth Walk, call everyone bloke and mate etc.

I think you're getting stressed out over nothing and making a mountain out of a molehill. The fact you presented your side of the story which was a bit different from the one originally given and that you have given a full refund lets you off the hook for all the original accusations that were previously made with just one side of the story given.

FWIW i would recommend this thread to learn the basics of spotting restoration in future since you say you'll be selling off some of your personal collection.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7257&fpart=1

People will want to know who you are though and probably keep digging until they find it so if i could give you one peice of advice it would be to just come out and say it. I don't see anything bad coming from it, in fact it could open up selling opportunities Thousands are spent in the marketplace here each and everyday, sometimes tens of thousands. Personally though i'm done with this and no longer care.

I seriously don't want to keep returning here to answer to anyone. I have a bushiness to run, and this is an unnecessary distraction.

Further more, what right have you to demand to know, and also question my authenticity?

Why is my book a 'POC'?

I did not ask to be discussed about in these boards. The collector in question wanted advice from you, thats fair enough, but its certainly not my fault some of you got the wrong end of the stick. It wasn't of my doing.

I have posted all the details regarding this affair, to satisfy those curious minds, and get this awful mess off my chest. Please respect the fact that I don't want to be named. I could just ignore anything further, but its kind of difficult, when people are talking about you.

I foolishly thought there may even be someone decent enough to offer an apology to me in the same public fashion they have slagged me (and my book) off!

So far since posting, I think I have been likened to a foolish teen, a fabricator, who isn't even British, an obviously fraud because I don't deal in slabbed books, but used the holy word 'slabbed' without being part of the secret handshake club, and numerous other absurdities. You may you think you being clever or funny, but try to remember you are dealing with someones livelihood here. If I had set out to defraud, then I would deserve all that I had coming to me, but I am an innocent party here, who may have overpriced a book.

I would suggest that some of you may wish that my identity remains a mystery, because if my name or my shop end up getting associated with certain comments made, there may well be a legal case to answer. There are laws in place to protect both individuals and business against defamation of character, and damage to business interests that result. Best make sure you have the facts, before making statements as true. That you were working with misleading information given my someone else is not an excuse in the eyes of the law.

I don't know how else to express my feelings about all of this. I didn't start out wanting to threaten, but am getting very fed up with all of this. I respect those that have graciously stepped back when the truth was becoming clearer (although I am as yet to hear anything likening to an apology), but there still are a few who continue to bate. I've had enough guys, please leave my (as yet unknown) identity alone.

For the one or two ignorant people out there, who most likely have never traveled further than their own shores, yet can spot a fake Brit a mile off, I don't speak like the Queen, I don't wear a bowler hat, and I didn't eat jellied eels or fish and chips last night, nor do I dance the Lambeth Walk, call everyone bloke and mate etc.

There's a real easy way to put this to bed.

PM me your name and the name of your shop. If you're genuine, I'll not reveal your details to anybody but I will post to this thread that you're on the up-and-up. (thumbs u

Why is my book a 'POC'?

The reason people want to find out who you are is because many of us believe that the original poster (symbiote) is the one who is typing out your posts. If you revealed yourself to be a genuine UK comic shop owner and not a figment of symbiotes imagination then I for one would unreservedly apologise to you for any comments made by me in this thread.

PMing your ID to board member Flaming Telepath would be a good way to do this without revealing your identity to the general population of this message board as he is a respected UK comic dealer himself.

Why is my book a 'POC'?

Don't clam up and leave now! This is the kind of mess that vindicates a person (and makes for great forum drama :banana:).

Sounds like you did the right thing and this could actually bring you more business than you had before now that folks know you are an honest dealer when push comes to shove (like most of us humans) (thumbs u

So far since posting, I think I have been likened to a foolish teen, a fabricator, who isn't even British, an obviously fraud…

This was my perception. If the statements here bother you, leave them alone.

Why is my book a 'POC'?

lol

+1 to gaz and nick

Unfortunately for you, the OPs story has a million and one problems, many of which even you have pointed out as BS. Just pm gaz or nick who you are so they can verify you and all will be good (thumbs u

+1 to gaz and nick

Unfortunately for you, the OPs story has a million and one problems, many of which even you have pointed out as BS. Just pm gaz or nick who you are so they can verify you and all will be good (thumbs u

:popcorn:

Its just means he's one of the 2.9 billion people that own an ipad :gossip:

Or the 27.3 million people that know how to make a pound sign with an American keyboard.

Just hold down the alt key and type the F4 button, dude. hm

lol

you got me with that one.

Dice's use of "Just" and "dude" lent an honest innocence to his evil trickery.

But now I am wondering if he types on a buttonboard.

It's just a way of thinning the heard. Natural selection if you will. hm

Is there a store name in there anywhere? I ain't reading all that

Heavens no. Do you think we're dealing with an amateur?

Not enough random u's or Limey words in there for me to buy it.

Smells like teen shillit.

+1

Like I said before, his 1st email didn't sound British in the least!

This one was no better. There's no possible way an angry lifetime Brit wrote that post (thumbs u

Ok i've seen you say this a few times in this thread. I'm a Brit but would write exactly as the person who wrote those two emails did. Yes we use different words, spellings and slang but most of us are aware of that and only use it when talking to each other, not when replying to something serious or posting on a board that is primarily American.

I did make the mistake of asking someone in Miami for a fag once though :blush:

I would have paid to see that! lol

PM me your name and the name of your shop. If you're genuine, I'll not reveal your details to anybody but I will post to this thread that you're on the up-and-up. (thumbs u

You don't sound British either. We're going to need to see some ID. :baiting:

You don't sound British either. We're going to need to see some ID. :baiting:

I can vouch for him - he does have $10,000 books on the wall.

I didn't see that he threatened a lawsuit basically!

My all time favorite! :cloud9:

It's AMAZING how catch all people think slander/defamation laws are :roflmao:

Nothing bad has been said about the dealer in this entire thread. The dealer did the honorable thing by giving the guy a refund and can benefit greatly from his name being known.

However, the OP is full of mess and has done nothing but fabricate lie after lie and is now so deep he can't see a way out other than to keep digging his hole. He's now throwing out baseless legal threats to scare people away. lol

The best thing he can do at this point is to just come clean. In the grand scheme of things nobody really gives a damn. They're just entertaining themselves with him. Much like a cat swatting a ball of yarn.