• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fellow Boardies Help, Is my ASM 1 Restored?

678 posts in this topic

Dude, it's all good, no one was hurt so it'll all blow over in time.

Just some advice, like I said earlier in the thread, it's IMPOSSIBLE to get anything past some of the people here. As bad as anything will be, it isn't going to be as bad as if people catch you lying here. Others have vouched for you as a solid buyer so just stick to the truth and it'll all be good.

You will catch mess for this for about 7-8 years though from time to time lol

Appreciated sufunk. And I don't mind catching flack for this over the years, it certainly was a memorable first appearance.

Just completed a deal with Drew he shipped the books out quickly and in good shape. He also bought a book from me and paid very quick. Great guy, seems like a mistake was made here. A little over exaggeration of events maybe? I am looking forward to future transactions together. I think in time all this will blow over.

Just completed a deal with Drew he shipped the books out quickly and in good shape. He also bought a book from me and paid very quick. Great guy, seems like a mistake was made here. A little over exaggeration of events maybe? I am looking forward to future transactions together. I think in time all this will blow over.

+1

A few little white lies isn't going to hurt anyone long term other than some ribbing here and there. I think we all just wanna make sure it's not stu, Harold or god knows who else trying to Rick people around.

If dscott says he's good, that's good enough for me (thumbs u

+1

A few little white lies isn't going to hurt anyone long term other than some ribbing here and there. I think we all just wanna make sure it's not stu, Harold or god knows who else trying to Rick people around.

I don't even really know what happened here, but it sounds like it's resolved. :banana:

+1

I would sell comic books to Stu, or buy from him. He does not deserve to be put in the same sentence as Harold. He is no scammer, that I have ever heard of. He has an agenda, and I do not blame CGC for banning him, but I have never heard about him being dishonest and he is funny.

+1

I would sell comic books to Stu, or buy from him. He does not deserve to be put in the same sentence as Harold. He is no scammer, that I have ever heard of. He has an agenda, and I do not blame CGC for banning him, but I have never heard about him being dishonest and he is funny.

+1,000,000,000

meh

+1

True, I didn't mean to imply he was a scammer just meant longtime shills in general. I've actually talked to stu a few times via pm and he seems like a decent guy. I don't know why he got the boot but it must have been pretty good to have.come back 45,000 times! hm

I'm glad Joseph got his name cleared, as he deserves to. He's a great guy, and all of the blame for this whole incident really does fall on me.

I apologize for the mess I've caused, with stories that were less than 100% factual. I'm sure I won't be receiving the respect of a lot of the board members, but that's fine by me, and rightfully what I deserve.

Joseph and I have sorted out our own matters, and he was nothing but an absolute gentleman and great guy. Gave me a full refund, no questions asked, and there are no ill feelings between the two of us.

Bravo to the dealer. He seems like a stand up guy for giving you a refund. Sounds like all parties involved learned something from it as well.

I hope you also learned that a little honesty goes a long way in building a reputation on these boards. We are a close bunch of collectors and are naturally a little skeptical of people until we get to know them.

We may hate each other from time to time but let someone attack us and we'll join together and take them down.

It's not that we don't trust you. We just don't trust anyone.

As for the dealer, I'm glad you turned out to be legit. You have to understand that we don't just take the word of random people that join anonymously and start talking smack. If someone was on here claiming to be you or representing your business I'd think you'd appreciate the fact that we don't just take their word for it.

Joseph, I don't know if you found any of posts offensive but if you did then I apologise and I also apologise for doubting you. The conflicting stories of the original poster convinced me that your posts were part of his strange behaviour here.

There is a fairly strong UK presence here so you'd be a welcome sight here in the future if you were of the mind to stick around. Being on your side of this discussion I can see why you'd be unimpressed with the place but there are some very good people here.

Best wishes.

Garry

I can second all of this, If anything I said at the beginning of the tread offended you then please accept my apologies. :foryou:

As I said earlier, I'll update this thread when the transaction completes. I did want to mention that like dscott, symbiotic agreed to send the item to me before accepting payment. He offered, and I took him up on the suggestion. That's not the kind of risk most people on these boards would have been prepared to assume, so I have to give him credit for realizing his transactional history is something he needs to build on.

OK, big apologies all around to Mr. Dealer-to-be-hopefully-named-someday-when-he's-not-still-pizzed-at-us. Sorry for anything I may have said or insinuated about you based on that BS story that your customer was spinning. We tend to view stories like that as being 100% fabricated. If you lurk here for a while, you'll see very soon what I mean next time a shady situation pops up. :banana:

:foryou:

:news::news::news:

The store owner is 100% legit. (thumbs u

I also know the store and what it's likely to stock at any given time and his claims that he doesn't often get stuff like this through the doors and doesn't have huge experience dealing with it is correct.

Give the guy a break, as his reputation is being tarnished by an individual that nobody can vouch for and who is spinning ever-changing tales to suit his mood. (thumbs u