• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most covers you've seen on a book?

20 posts in this topic

What's the highest number of covers anyone has seen/found on any particular comic? I've seen a fair share of "double covers". I recently purchased an AMS 361 with 7 covers attached. Is that unheard of? It does not appear to have been "tampered" with....just curious :D

Are we talking about actual covers? And if it was a key, couldn't you have a professional remove the covers so you can resell the covers by itself one day in 20-30 years? Like how some people pay $$ to find and marry covers to coverlesses?

And how does a printing company miss a 9-12x covered comic? Must look like a mini trade back in a box of comics.

In all my time in this hobby, I have only seen a comic manufactured with 5 covers. I saw a comic with either 7 or 8 covers, but it was not manufactured that way. Someone was trying to pull a fast one....

CGC certified a Captain America with a boatload of covers. Metro sold it for the owner, who was the largest collector of multiple covers, I think the Cap had eight covers, but it was two years ago at least, maybe three.

Most I've encountered myslf is three.

In all my time in this hobby, I have only seen a comic manufactured with 5 covers. I saw a comic with either 7 or 8 covers, but it was not manufactured that way. Someone was trying to pull a fast one....

I thought there was an IM #7 w/ 7 or 9 covers that was slabbed?

oldman.jpg

Hah, you young whippersnappers! 12 covers is nothing! Why, back in MY DAY, I once saw a comic book with three thousand two hundred and forty eight covers! And they were all legitimate! Those were the days!!!!

CGC certified a Captain America with a boatload of covers. Metro sold it for the owner, who was the largest collector of multiple covers, I think the Cap had eight covers, but it was two years ago at least, maybe three.

Most I've encountered myslf is three.

It's in our gallery!

CaptainAmerica_280_sextuple_9-8.jpg

oldman.jpg

Hah, you young whippersnappers! 12 covers is nothing! Why, back in MY DAY, I once saw a comic book with three thousand two hundred and forty eight covers! And they were all legitimate! Those were the days!!!!

lol