• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Toast Report: SDCC 2012 PIC HEAVY!

465 posts in this topic

And if GL can't handle it, I hear those Avengers folks are pretty good at battling big monsters.

By the way, that awesome Avengers pitcher is available from 'Toon Tumblers. :baiting:

IMG_2857.JPG

Umm actually the Avengers pitcher doesn't seem to be available on your link...I could be wrong. I generally am...

It should be there soon. There's a contact form at the site for info. I also hope to have these in my online store when it opens next week.

I thought I had posted this already. Anyhow, Lavar Burton and Brent Spiner signing for and meeting fans. They had a lot of people swarming their booth.

If you haven't seen the documentary Trekkies, I highly recommend it whether you like Star Trek or not.

IMG_2870.JPG

IMG_2871.JPG

Royce, I applaud you for all the work and attention to detail you are putting in this SDCC report (worship)

After SDCC I was so burned out I could hardly muster a telephone call to my wife...I could hardly process what I had seen during those 5 days... but you did an outstanding job and I know everyone is getting a kick out of this report.

Spartacus! This booth was butted right up against the 'Toon Tumblers booth. At one point, someone from Starz! decided to Tweet a t-shirt giveaway at the Spartacus booth. This resulted in a crazy line that went right in front of the 'Toon Tumblers booth. The people running the Spartacus booth had no idea that the Tweet went out, as someone at their corporate office sent it and did not tell them.

:gossip: FYI: I am not employed by 'Toon Tumblers and do not want to leave anyone with that impression, but would love that to be my job. I went to this show to help out the guy who does own it.

IMG_2876.JPG

Royce, I applaud you for all the work and attention to detail you are putting in this SDCC report (worship)

After SDCC I was so burned out I could hardly muster a telephone call to my wife...I could hardly process what I had seen during those 5 days... but you did an outstanding job and I know everyone is getting a kick out of this report.

Thanks, Allan! I had a great time and, yes, it is an exhausting experience whether you're working or attending. It is a race to the finish and just getting from one end of the convention hall to the other is a task.

I was glad to finally meet you in person. Hopefully you can hook me up with some free Corona once you take over the empire. lol

I did not plan on going to this show and it was all very last minute when I left on Tuesday morning to work the 'Toon Tumblers booth with Underthebigw and StrongGuy. My early morning flight did not work out, but a little later in the morning actually worked out better for me.

This was a flight with a connection in Portland, and it takes a mere twenty-five minutes to get to Portland from Eugene. I had a bit of a layover, so I walked around the airport and found some interesting displays. This was...interesting...

IMG_2674.jpg

Kinda looks like Heads from the Nexus universe. Especially the Thune in the middle.