• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

San Diego Con 2012 Gathering

79 posts in this topic

This was the non-humorous version of this shot. As long as Ro keeps up his payments, it's all that will be shared. :shy:

Geekfest20121.jpg

NOTE: One of the participants requested that he not appear in the photographs and so I have blacked out his face.

NOTE: One of the participants requested that he not appear in the photographs and so I have blacked out his face.

I barely noticed.

Looks like quite the party. Thanks for sharing!

+1 Awesome party. (worship)

If only I could've cloned myself and wrangled an invite I'd have been tempted to join the festivities, but alas, with only one rabbit in my hat and two events running simultaneously that's a trick I just haven't mastered yet.

:juggle:

hm

Leo doesn't want his Hollywood friends to know he collects funny books.

lol

Flee bait. :grin:

It really was a blast this year. We had the biggest crowd yet. Peter and Tanya are so gracious. They fed us, had some beer on ice. Got us all prepped and relaxed. Then we geeked on funnybooks. Aside from the stuff mentioned with the photos, Jeff brought some cool DCs, Tim (ACME) had some killer books (including the Larson More Fun 52 - awesome!!!), Peter showed off his goodies, Mick's DC War books were drool worthy, Bunky Bourdain was on his best behavior, and adamstrange had a book that I have been dreaming about ever since.

Then at the end of the night Peter took all of the comics we brought and sent us on our way.

Yes, thank you to Peter and Tanya for hosting a great time at their beautiful house! I got to drool over some amazing books of Peter's, which alone made the trip special. And hanging out with the geeks was a blast.

On the way there, Bunky almost ran over Steve Geppi with his SUV as we were leaving the Marriott parking lot. Jamie yelled an obscenity at him, and then we were on our way.