• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Knight Massacre. Multiple people killed in DKR Showing!!!

553 posts in this topic

What I didn't want to read:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/07/20/police-14-dead-in-colorado-theater-shooting/

This nut told police he was Batman's nemesis, the Joker. Red hair and all.

:facepalm: I had an idea something like this was coming.

Can we please leave the politics out of this? That includes any real or imaginary news bias to the left/right or discussions of gun control.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/07/20/police-14-dead-in-colorado-theater-shooting/

Well, if he hadn't been inspired by the Joker character, it would have been something else for this mentally deranged killer.

This is horrible. I came online to check what TDK made at the midnight premiere to see if it broke any records and instead i have to read about this. This is truly horrible and i couldn't imagine what these people had to go through and see, just because they wanted to see a batman movie. I'll be praying for those people in their tough times.

And to everyone who's arguing over what reporter said what or anything else thats insignificant, STFU and show some respect. Not only did this happen to us as a hobby community, it's happened to us as a nation and as a human race. We should be banding together to figure out how we can help, even if it is just sending a small prayer their way, and not finding things to argue about like we usually do here.

Be safe out there everyone. Crazy times we live in, but like it was said before, don't let these people win you over with fear.

Maybe someone who thinks he can self appoint himself of what can and can't be discussed should STFU. What might seem like an unimportant part of a story to one could be important to someone else.

Can we please leave the politics out of this? That includes any real or imaginary news bias to the left/right or discussions of gun control.

I didn't read further back, but I agree.

This is a tragedy in itself. Politics nor gun control bares any reasoning for one man's actions. And let's call him a man, he is 24 years old, not a child or a comic book geek/collector. A psycho, yes, but he's a man who needs to stand trial for his actions.

Now, does he derserve trial by jury? I'm not going to answer that. My feelings are my own and too strong to share here.

But this is a horrific event that makes no sense, not to you or I.

If anything, lets keep the families of those injured/dead in your prayers.

Well, if he hadn't been inspired by the Joker character, it would have been something else for this mentally deranged killer.

Why is the NYPD Commissioner commenting about what the shooter said? He cetainly wasn't there.

Is this for real? I haven't seen any statements like that from any of the Colorado sources.

Of course.

Satan

Eddie from Iron Maiden.

Surtur.

There's always someone to blame.

The source material has nothing to do with this.

It's all about what's in this guy's head. That's all there is to it, and there is nobody to blame ultimately but him unless there was a clear warning sign that someone ignored.

Just followed a string of stories relating to Ares' post about one of the victim's Jessica Ghawi. It is so sad to hear how she had averted death at the Eaton Center, only to have been one of the victims of this terrible shooting. Here is a link to her blog, and to her brothers blog. Such a tragic story that continues leaving me in shock, disbelief and reflecting about the fragility of life.

Again, my thoughts and prayers to the families of all the victims.

I was just wondering if he has his info correct myself. Am I missing something or what does red hair have to do with the Joker? Joker has green hair.

Why is the NYPD Commissioner commenting about what the shooter said? He cetainly wasn't there.

Is this for real? I haven't seen any statements like that from any of the Colorado sources.

From the article: "The Aurora police chief is no stranger to handling these sorts of situations. Before moving to Colorado, Oates spent more than two decades in the NYPD where he also served as the commanding officer of the NYPD’s Intelligence Division."

I'm sure they know each other and the NYPD Commish called to find out what info Aurora PD had. NYPD could be worried about a copycat senario

This is absolutely atrocious.

For us Canadians, there is a bit of a hometown connection as well:

http://deadspin.com/5927673/aspiring-sportscaster-killed-in-shooting-at-colorado-movie-theater#13428053305314&

This woman was from Toronto and was at the Eatons center (shopping mall in Toronto) shooting last month. She wrote about it. She was killed yesterday in Colorado.

What are the chances?

Just a tragedy all around.

This is horrible. I came online to check what TDK made at the midnight premiere to see if it broke any records and instead i have to read about this. This is truly horrible and i couldn't imagine what these people had to go through and see, just because they wanted to see a batman movie. I'll be praying for those people in their tough times.

And to everyone who's arguing over what reporter said what or anything else thats insignificant, STFU and show some respect. Not only did this happen to us as a hobby community, it's happened to us as a nation and as a human race. We should be banding together to figure out how we can help, even if it is just sending a small prayer their way, and not finding things to argue about like we usually do here.

Be safe out there everyone. Crazy times we live in, but like it was said before, don't let these people win you over with fear.

Maybe someone who thinks he can self appoint himself of what can and can't be discussed should STFU. What might seem like an unimportant part of a story to one could be important to someone else.

You're intitled to an opinion and i respect that, but in the big picture, it's really not that important. I'm just saying some respect should be shown and if people want to argue about what a reporter said, maybe take it to the water cooler or save it for later down the road when things have settled down. You have a point that i am noone to decide who discusses what, it's just a lil dissappointing to see people arguing over something like this in a time of tragedy.

Such loss, what a total and utter shame.

My wife runs our local newspaper and got an alert/message from the AP Wire(I think) around 5 am.

Typically if she gets a message that early, it means the press had problems making the layout of a page work, or the delivery truck broke down. So when she told me about the shooting, I sat there dumbfounded for hours as it sank in until the kids woke up.

Only to have them ask what was wrong.

So if I may ramble for another second.

Just yesterday...yesterday afternoon.... out of the blue Ellen asked me why she was not allowed to have the song "Pumped Up Kicks" on her ipod Nano. I went on to tell her it was too hard to explain, and then I stopped, sat her down and explained the Columbine HS Shootings to her, and how that songs lyrics was not something to sing about..even if it had a good beat.

She said, and I quote "I understand why now, and I hope that never happens again"

Only to wake up and hear about the Dark Knight shootings.

:(

Our prayers go out to all who are suffering over this.

http://deadspin.com/5927673/aspiring-sportscaster-killed-in-shooting-at-colorado-movie-theater#13428053305314&

This woman was from Toronto and was at the Eatons center (shopping mall in Toronto) shooting last month. She wrote about it. She was killed yesterday in Colorado.

What are the chances?

My wife told me about that. Impossibly incredible.

What are the chances?

:sorry:

"Many victims of today's tragedy were fans of science fiction/ fantasy. They stood in line to be the first to see, to be inspired, and to escape. As a community of dreamers, we mourn this terrible tragedy and senseless taking of innocent lives"

-George Takei

Well spoken Mr. Takei

Ummm...so he's not a comic fan then...The Joker's hair is green. (shrug)

Like I said, news coverage is a Rorschach test. You'll see what you want to in it.

Yeah, and people don't see what they don't want to see.

Drudge has a link to the alleged shooter's picture:

JamesHolmes.jpg

I swear when I first scroll down to that picture I see horns and pointed ears.

Me too... Really not kidding around. :eek: