• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Knight Massacre. Multiple people killed in DKR Showing!!!

553 posts in this topic

What I didn't want to read:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/07/20/police-14-dead-in-colorado-theater-shooting/

This nut told police he was Batman's nemesis, the Joker. Red hair and all.

Ummm...so he's not a comic fan then...The Joker's hair is green. (shrug)

I wouldn't necessarily expect consistency from a psychopath.

This whole story makes me sick. I wasn't even sure I'd go see this in the theater. Now I feel like I should. But look, I'll be the first to admit, I wouldn't take my kids this weekend. I just don't trust the world that much.

Just horrible...

I think I'm gonna give up and quit going to the movie theater and malls. This kind of stuff is happening more and more. The killer was probably off his meds and delusional. I only see this happening more and more as people around the country can't afford their meds and insurance. I don't want to get into the politics of this. I just see this being a reason this is happening more often. I'm sure we'll hear all kind of reasons why he did this. Its a shame it happened at all. And I don't see it ending anytime soon. So excuse me while I crawl into my cave. Well not really. It just bums me out that stuff like this happens.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/07/20/police-14-dead-in-colorado-theater-shooting/

This whole story makes me sick. I wasn't even sure I'd go see this in the theater. Now I feel like I should. But look, I'll be the first to admit, I wouldn't take my kids this weekend. I just don't trust the world that much.

Just horrible...

Hence why I will be carrying my concealed weapon with me when I go with my family. Regardless if they say no weapons allowed or not. That is what a CCW is for.

Just horrible...

It's horrendous, but I think it might be a mistake to lump this guy in with the guys wearing a diaper and slathering themselves with peanut butter and mumbling to themselves.

His actions took preparation, surveillance, planning, resources and forethought.

here is what the jack@$$ looks like:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2012/07/colorado-shootings-suspect-who-is-james-holmes/1?csp=34news

He is in court on Monday...

One of the dead he shot was a 3 month old baby.

This just F'd my entire day up.

The story I read said the baby was treated and released. (shrug)

I think I'm gonna give up and quit going to the movie theater and malls. This kind of stuff is happening more and more. The killer was probably off his meds and delusional. I only see this happening more and more as people around the country can't afford their meds and insurance. I don't want to get into the politics of this. I just see this being a reason this is happening more often. I'm sure we'll hear all kind of reasons why he did this. Its a shame it happened at all. And I don't see it ending anytime soon. So excuse me while I crawl into my cave. Well not really. It just bums me out that stuff like this happens.

I'd go with "the closing of the mental hospitals" and "society's inability to admit some of the mentally ill need strict supervision and then administer that supervision" but at least you are on the right track, IMHO.

Just horrible...

It's horrendous, but I think it might be a mistake to lump this guy in with the guys wearing a diaper and slathering themselves with peanut butter and mumbling to themselves.

His actions took preparation, surveillance, planning, resources and forethought.

I wouldn't characterize a psychopath that way (wearing peanut butter and all that). Being a good psychopath definitely takes planning, prep, and manipulative skills. That's why they make such good CEOs. (And that's not even a joke--check out a book called The Psychopath Test.)

Just saw this excerpt from the new story, I've got to take a break from this story. It's too hearbreaking:

Josh Kelly, 28, was watching the movie with his girlfriend of about four years. He lost her in the chaos.

Josh called his father, Robert Kelly, from the theater and said: "I can't find my girl." In the mayhem, the darkness and the smoke, and people trampling, he "just lost track and he couldn't see," the elder Kelly said. "My son is freaked out."

Robert Kelly rushed to the theater after his son's call, and found him outside covered in blood. His girlfriend was among the fatalities. Now he is home and sedated, under a nurse's care.

Horrible tragedy, truly disturbing view of the darkest part of human nature. I can't even begin to imagine what people in the theater experienced.

On personal note, I was very excited to see Dark Knight Rises this weekend, but now am having second thoughts about even going. Anyone else feeling same way?

There's no need to speculate until more facts come out.

What is known is that he moved to Colorado (with apparently two other friends) for Graduate School after graduating from the University of California, Riverside. He withdrew from the graduate school after only one year about a month ago. Why he withdrew has not been publicized.

Just horrible...

Peanut butter and diaper land is populated with delusional psychotics, not psychopaths. The later are mostly normal, they simply lack moral restrictions...which is what makes them so dangerous.

At lunch today I bought a gift card. On the way out, I handed it to two unsuspecting women waiting for a table.

I know there's a lot of pain and suffering today, and there's a lot of people who are angry and resentful. It feels good to make some random stranger smile on a day like this.

Many here will gloss over this comment, or think I'm just trying to make myself look good. But for you other like-minded individuals out there reading this post, I suggest you take last night's events as an excuse to go make someone's day. Do something nice for someone you've never met. :foryou:

Guest Reader

Holmes presented on 'Psychiatric & Neurological Disorders' for his neuroscience PhD program.

He clearly wanted to survive this by wearing body armor.

It was reported he did not resist arrest or put up a fight when apprehended.

Is this really going to go down the way I think it is?

Just horrible...

Peanut butter and diaper land is populated with delusional psychotics, not psychopaths. The later are mostly normal, they simply lack moral restrictions...which is what makes them so dangerous.

My comment was about the exact diagnosis or label, but more about thinking him out of touch with reality because of the Red Hair and calling himself the Joker while at the same time having planned the assault out in so much detail and with so much forethought.

Horrible tragedy, truly disturbing view of the darkest part of human nature. I can't even begin to imagine what people in the theater experienced.

On personal note, I was very excited to see Dark Knight Rises this weekend, but now am having second thoughts about even going. Anyone else feeling same way?

Yep, I was going to go over the next few days. I have zero interest now. I am sick of hearing about freaks who can`t fit in the the real world. This freak killed a 6 year old girl!

I hope there is justice for this outcast.

:mad: