• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Knight Massacre. Multiple people killed in DKR Showing!!!

553 posts in this topic

When I heard this I was thinking of how I always feel safer with my brother who is always packing, he never doesn't have a gun on him. Then I heard about the gas and the body armor..... Even with a gun, unless your an amazing shot with nerves of steel you couldn't defend yourself very well in this situation.

This is complete BS. I'm so frickin' upset right now. I wake up this morning and see this on the news, and it happened at a theater 10 minutes away. This infuriates me.

This was definitely preplanned. What drives people to do something so evil? You hate your life so much that you have to not only go kill random, innocent people, but you're deranged enough that you can plan it and put it into effect? Sick. Absolutely disgusting.

Thank God your Okay,you were the first person I thought of and hoped you didn't see the movie.This is unbelievable,how can one even see this coming?

Thanks man. Luckily for me and my comic friends, we were out last night doing our monthly "Drink and Draw" get together.

I don't know why, but this news has me really shaken this morning. The combination of it being so close to home, the fact that it involves people who love movies and possibly comics, the fact that it's so horrific...just a really rough day so far.

But one thing I've already started doing is making it a day for random acts of kindness. To counter some of the pain and suffering, I'm going to do little things throughout the day to bring a bit of happiness to those around me. I hope others will do the same. :foryou:

Whoa! Damning stuff! But Glenn Beck's B.S., extreme right-wing web site attempts to turn this into a scandal, and you are so gullible and overly politicized that you fall for it, then go around mis-reporting this mis-information as if true, which other people lap up because they are similarly over-politicized. What a pathetic joke.

Was it Beck or Limbaugh that was trying to sell "Bane" as a reference to Bain Capital and call DKR a political statement?

i posted a link...i was just referring to piers as the source for the gun control...and yes Piers is on that other network that's losing viewers.

Yes, you posted a link to a Glenn Beck website editorial (edit: Breitbart, not Glenn Beck). At this point, you have to admit that the actual reality of the media you have referenced is vastly different from what you wrote to begin with, which is "ABC news has already tried and label him a right wing extremist tea partier and are calling for harsher gun controls.... "

(1) Not ABC News reporting, but two Good Morning America guys bantering

(2) Brian Ross didn't "try to label him"

(3) Brian Ross didn't say anything about him being a "right wing extremist"

(4) The person calling for gun control was somebody else entirely, Piers Morgan

(5) Piers Morgan is not at ABC

(6) Piers Morgan is known for being a confrontational, opinionated "personality" and anything he says cannot be said to represent the whole media outlet he works for

Add up those six things and your comment, "ABC news has already tried and label him a right wing extremist tea partier and are calling for harsher gun controls," is just out-and-out false.

I don't care if the guy is Tea Party or Occupy or Greenpeace or Future Farmers of America. He bears the responsibility for his own actions and anyone trying to make political hay of of this tragedy is a *spoon*.

The reporting is obnoxious. Ross should not have "reported" that there's a Jim Holmes who is a member of the Tea Party. A Fox reporter "reported" a rumor that the shooters car might have had Tennessee plates. Why don't these guys show a little integrity, verify their information, and stop imitating the National Enquirer.

The vicitims have pretty much been forgotten by the media already (JMO before somebody freaks out)...

The victims aren't even known yet. To say "they've been forgotten" makes no sense. Chances are they will all be given profiles and have their photos emblazoned on articles, which is what happened after Littleton.

anyways i'll stop posting on this one, the thread is going to slip slide into a political discussion soon anyways and get locked.

Wow, way to NOT take responsibility for making things political. It didn't "slide" into politics, you STARTED the political garbage.

i posted a link...i was just referring to piers as the source for the gun control...and yes Piers is on that other network that's losing viewers.

Yes, you posted a link to a Glenn Beck website editorial. At this point, you have to admit that the actual reality of the media you have referenced is vastly different from what you wrote to begin with, which is "ABC news has already tried and label him a right wing extremist tea partier and are calling for harsher gun controls.... "

(1) Not ABC News reporting, but two Good Morning America guys bantering

(2) Brian Ross didn't "try to label him"

(3) Brian Ross didn't say anything about him being a "right wing extremist"

(4) The person calling for gun control was somebody else entirely, Piers Morgan

(5) Piers Morgan is not at ABC

(6) Piers Morgan is known for being a confrontational, opinionated "personality" and anything he says cannot be said to represent the whole media outlet he works for

Add up those six things and your comment, "ABC news has already tried and label him a right wing extremist tea partier and are calling for harsher gun controls," is just out-and-out false.

actually it's the late andrew breitbart's website but i know people hate him also...oops i forgot i was going to stop posting.

Even with a gun, unless your an amazing shot with nerves of steel you couldn't defend yourself very well in this situation.

The tear gas would be more of a problem than the body armor. Even though someone wears a vest, it still hurts A LOT to get hit by a bullet. It isn't like TV or the movies where a guy just stands there virtually unaffected. Someone gets shot while wearing BA they will go down. They won't die, but they'll drop

This is complete BS. I'm so frickin' upset right now. I wake up this morning and see this on the news, and it happened at a theater 10 minutes away. This infuriates me.

This was definitely preplanned. What drives people to do something so evil? You hate your life so much that you have to not only go kill random, innocent people, but you're deranged enough that you can plan it and put it into effect? Sick. Absolutely disgusting.

Thank God your Okay,you were the first person I thought of and hoped you didn't see the movie.This is unbelievable,how can one even see this coming?

Thanks man. Luckily for me and my comic friends, we were out last night doing our monthly "Drink and Draw" get together.

I don't know why, but this news has me really shaken this morning. The combination of it being so close to home, the fact that it involves people who love movies and possibly comics, the fact that it's so horrific...just a really rough day so far.

But one thing I've already started doing is making it a day for random acts of kindness. To counter some of the pain and suffering, I'm going to do little things throughout the day to bring a bit of happiness to those around me. I hope others will do the same. :foryou:

Glad you're okay as well.

Is this the theatre that you typically go to?

On the point about scapegoating, I agree the tendency is disconcerting, but it's mostly a hand-in-hand by-product of media sensationalism.

That said, I think tough questions always need to be asked in such situations. I'm not suggesting this entails making leaps in logic and judgement, but it isn't entirely fair to overexpose the mental health of first responders, survivors/witnesses, hospitals, medical staff and victims families to suck it up when this kind of things happens.

Here in Ontario, one would be extremely fortunate to find more than one ER doctor on staff at the time this incident happened in Colorado. Having 50 wounded victims at once would mean a significant ramp-up of medical staff, as well as days of constant scrambling for paramedics and emergency staff just to deal with that number of victims.

In the situation going on in my parts with the cold case murderer with a home filled with explosives and firearms, the Red Cross will only be able to provide shelter for the evacuees for another couple of days, and after that, it will fall on the city (taxpayers) to provide reasonable accommodation until the police determine it is safe for them to return to their homes.

It's a horrendous topic to even bring up, but part of the preparedness planning should involve looking at what brings on these kinds of events, and when the profiling of a "madman" starts, it may mean an unraveling of facts that might not be comforting for any of us, much less the video/music/entertainment industries to hear.

To encumber people with the responsibility of dealing with these tragedies without some focus on averting these situations from reoccurring is equally irresponsible, and a little unfair when we use the broad brush stroke of scapegoating. 2c

You cannot buy automatic weapons period, if you are a citizen.

That's simply not true. Any citizen who fills out the necessary forms, passes the checks, pays the $200 tax, and can afford the cost of a fully automatic weapon can buy one. It just has to have been manufactured and registered with the ATF prior to May 19, 1986. Of course, that makes the supply finite which makes most full-auto guns prohibitively expense for the average nutcase. I know several "regular" people who legally own fully automatic weapons.

Yeah, a class 3 license is no big deal.

Why don't these guys show a little integrity, verify their information, and stop imitating the National Enquirer.

Because all that ultimately matters to the outlets is the ability to say "You heard it here first!!!"

Sure, they might get 10 things wrong, but the one thing they get right and first will allow them to crow about it.

Just to be accurate, and it is kind of ironic, but, this isn't a "GLENN BECK page that FALSELY ATTEMPTS to discredit ABC News", but, rather, a Breitbart page.

Okay, you got me there. It is Breitbart. Their logos and page layouts (and methods) are very similar, and both are extreme right-wing (actually, Breitbart's is probably worse). All my other points stand, but you are correct, and sorry for the error.

You wanna own simple guns....fine. but they need to outlaw body armor and automatic weapons. You don't need those, no matter what the NRA or anyone says. I heard its easier to get a gun in Colorado than a drivers license.
That's politics, but you don't know what you are talking about. No one uses automatic weapons in these deals. They are tightly regulated. I doubt whether you can legally obtain a gun in most states without a driver's license. There are background checks, etc.

+1

You cannot buy automatic weapons period, if you are a citizen. They do background check on anyone buying a registered firearm. Every time there is a tragedy such as this everyone starts calling for more gun law's and regulations.

The problem is, its not the law abiding citizen who has gun and a conceal permit that usually commits these terrible acts. Look at the murder rate in Chicago every week by these thugs running up and down blocks shooting kids or whoevers in the way. Where they getting they're guns, and they do have automatic AK's and every kind of gun imaginable. Are gun law's going to stop them, hell no.

My point is if you want a gun to do harm, you can get one, easily. So no matter how many laws are passed and put in place, unfortunatley it won't stop whack jobs like this from getting what they want. This is just a terrible story, regardless.

I couldn't agree more. Say we outlaw the creation of all guns...guns no longer exist, period. You can't buy one, build one and all existing guns are melted down...bad people who want to do bad things will just find something else to use.

Think an explosive device can't kill as easily as a gun? You could make a bomb with the chemicals under your kitchen sink and some spare parts in your garage. So instead, throw one or two of those into that movie theater and you get the same results. Its not the guns and no matter what laws are created...people who want to do bad things do not follow those laws.

All we are creating is a public that no longer polices itself and relies completely on its city, state and federal officials to do so. These officials cannot be everywhere all the time so by the time they do show up people are dead and another tragedy has happened. Do a search on youtube for an internet cafe robbery in Ocala, FL...a 71 year old man with a carry and conceal permit probably saved peoples lives when he shot at both robbers and injured them both. He's not there, who knows what happens. Criminals need to know that we, the public, have had enough...its time to return to the days where its the individuals job to stand up and protect himself and his family...I'm not willing to hand over my protection and well being to an government entity.

In the end, the 2nd amendment was created not only for personal protection but to preserve the peoples ability to control and if needed, rise up and over throw an oppressive government. Its about more that personal protection...take away gun rights and you take away the publics ability to protect itself from its governing body. Crazy people do crazy things. Its the media coverage now that makes it so prevalent...this stuff has been happening since the dawn of man...just another horrible story to add to the ever growing list.

Glad you're okay as well.

Is this the theatre that you typically go to?

Never been there, actually. I hope I didn't come across as suggesting that I was "this close" to going last night or anything like that. But if I remember right, the theater is a new one built a year ago to replace an old theater and run down mall.

You cannot buy automatic weapons period, if you are a citizen.

That's simply not true. Any citizen who fills out the necessary forms, passes the checks, pays the $200 tax, and can afford the cost of a fully automatic weapon can buy one. It just has to have been manufactured and registered with the ATF prior to May 19, 1986. Of course, that makes the supply finite which makes most full-auto guns prohibitively expensive for the average nutcase. I know several "regular" people who legally own fully automatic weapons.

I stand corrected on that. You and Angelo are right. Getting one involves a ton of red tape and very deep pockets, but you are correct. (thumbs u

When I heard this I was thinking of how I always feel safer with my brother who is always packing, he never doesn't have a gun on him. Then I heard about the gas and the body armor..... Even with a gun, unless your an amazing shot with nerves of steel you couldn't defend yourself very well in this situation.

You don't have to be an amazing shot just because someone is wearing body armor. Regardless if you are able to him him in the non-protected areas like the arms, legs, groin or head; just simply having the ability to fire back would provide more people time to get out. This would put him on the defensive.

My wife hates it when I carry my concealed SA xD Subcompact .40, but after this morning she told me that she never wants me to not carry it again.

-Chris

The reporting is obnoxious. Ross should not have "reported" that there's a Jim Holmes who is a member of the Tea Party.

I agree on this much. They shouldn't be putting information out there without knowing whether it is relevant. These guys are paid to fill up time and inevitably they're going to end up babbling. In this case, however, Ross was quick to state that the guy might not be the shooter, and the nature of the exchange was such that a listener would understand that. It took the Breitbart site (not Glenn Beck's The Blaze) to pluck that exchange out and attempt to make more of it than it really was. Their mission, apparently, is to poison rational discourse and turn everything into a game of political football. I hate that. I'd hate it just the same if it was done on the other side, too.