• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Knight Massacre. Multiple people killed in DKR Showing!!!

553 posts in this topic

I was flipping between Fox and MSNBC for details and had a personal reaction. The panel on MSNBC, conversationally, made it painfully obvious where they were going with it. Was the shooter white? Was he military or ex-military? Tea party?... I couldn't flip away fast enough and personally find it disgusting.

I am not a fan of that kind of mindset either, no matter which political side it comes from.

ABC news has issued this:

Editor's Note: An earlier ABC News broadcast report suggested that a Jim Holmes of a Colorado Tea Party organization might be the suspect, but that report was incorrect. ABC News and Brian Ross apologize for the mistake, and for disseminating that information before it was properly vetted.

It's easy for a news outlet to retract a statement like this but sometimes the damage is already done, which is often the intent.

Did you even read the transcript of the actual exchange or any of Doohick's post on this? It was an almost inconsequential filler comment. It was dumb journalism, but to seize it as example of a media agenda is even dumber.

I disagree. If stuff like this rarely happened, I'd buy that. It was poor journalism, not inconsequential, thus the apology, which was necessary and appropriate.

Which agenda was the former FBI profiler, on MSNBC, pushing when he asked, "is this simply the terrible, terrible collision between some dark Trekkie-like person's fantasy world and reality?"

Clearly, he must be a Star Wars fan trying to impugn Trekkies.

lol

I blame the Sketchies.

I was flipping between Fox and MSNBC for details and had a personal reaction. The panel on MSNBC, conversationally, made it painfully obvious where they were going with it. Was the shooter white? Was he military or ex-military? Tea party?... I couldn't flip away fast enough and personally find it disgusting.

I am not a fan of that kind of mindset either, no matter which political side it comes from.

Editor's Note: An earlier ABC News broadcast report suggested that a Jim Holmes of a Colorado Tea Party organization might be the suspect, but that report was incorrect. ABC News and Brian Ross apologize for the mistake, and for disseminating that information before it was properly vetted.

Good. He apologized. That makes it all better. NOT. Suspending or firing him would make him and reporters like him be much more responsible before they just make up news.

Trust me, I know. I'm a law enforcement officer in the Tampa Bay area.

And thank you for doing that brother.

This FUBAR situation is why I carry a concealed weapon.

I would tell the friend next to me to "tell my wife I love her"

and would give my life if necessary to stop this butcher.

I hate that 911 feeling in your gut like there is nothing you could've done.

These are sick times we live in.

:censored:

Not everything is about you dink. Why is it whenever there is a thread about something terrible or even yet someone's anniversary, here comes ole wally talking about himself.

I woke up and this was the first thing I saw on the news. :sorry: I can't imagine what the families must be going through. Prayers and thoughts to the families and victims.

Here where I live a guy committed suicide in a theater during Watchmen.

I read that Paris has shut down the DKR screenings due to this incident.

Crazy.

Just an awful story.

This story isn't about politics or gun control. That is all reactionary. There are some seriously screwed up people running around.

+1,111

+!!!!11 to this

But one thing is for certain, I'm still gonna see this and go about my daily life. No disrespect to the affected families, but I refuse to change anything because of one bad apple, you know?

+!!!1111 to this too.

There are people who risk their lives every day on war fronts to keep our country relatively safe. Sometimes we need to stand up for what we believe in on our own soil as well.

I consider standing up to guys like this by ignoring their attempt to incite us into fear a way to do our part.

Horrible. Just horrible and senseless.

My heart and prayers go out to the victims and their families.

My daughter and I are still going to the afternoon showing today. I won't let some sick and twisted nut job have me live in fear and stop my daughter and I from enjoying what will hopefully be a fantastic day. If I do, he wins.

Same here, Steve. I'm going tonight.

What a dope, this guy. If it wasn't Batman, he would've went off somewhere else. It was just a convenient spot where there was a lot of people. I'm really hoping he had no love for the movie or for comics.

Very sad for Aurora, and people that were affected.

Hard to understand how the value of life drops to zero for these psycho killers.

Apparently one of the victims was in the Eatons Center in Toronto on the day of a mass shooting there and just missed the shooting

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2012/07/20/20008416.html

One of the victims of the Colorado movie theatre shooting narrowly missed witnessing another shooting — in the food court at Toronto's Eaton Centre last month.

News of the shooting at the Dark Knight Rises premiere first broke on Twitter early Friday morning from panicked moviegoers trying to make sense of what they'd just experienced.

And as the morning wore on and the police investigation continued, the name of one of the 12 deceased appeared on Twitter.

"My friend Jessica Ghawi was killed in the #Aurora Shooting — she was an aspiring sportscaster — she will be missed," Natalie Tejeda (@natalietejeda) tweeted Friday morning

One of the victims of the Colorado movie theatre shooting narrowly missed witnessing another shooting — in the food court at Toronto's Eaton Centre last month.

News of the shooting at the Dark Knight Rises premiere first broke on Twitter early Friday morning from panicked moviegoers trying to make sense of what they'd just experienced.

And as the morning wore on and the police investigation continued, the name of one of the 12 deceased appeared on Twitter.

"My friend Jessica Ghawi was killed in the #Aurora Shooting — she was an aspiring sportscaster — she will be missed," Natalie Tejeda (@natalietejeda) tweeted Friday morning.

Ghawi's parents told KSAT-TV in San Antonio, Texas, that their daughter, who had recently moved to Denver, was killed in the shooting, the station reported.

Ghawi's brother Jordan wrote on his blog that their mutual friend, who was with Ghawi at the theatre, said Ghawi was shot twice, and the second bullet "appeared to strike her in the head."

And in an eerie coincidence, Ghawi's last entry on her personal blog was about witnessing the aftermath of the shooting in the Eaton Centre on June 2 that left two people dead and five others wounded.

Busted Coverage, a sports blog Ghawi wrote for, tweeted a link to her last blog post.

She had been at the Eaton Centre and grabbed a burger and poutine in the food court. She had initially been looking for sushi — which would have led her to the sit-down sushi restaurant and prolonged her time in the food court — but "an odd feeling" led her outside, she wrote.

"Gun crimes are fairly common where I grew up in Texas, but I never imagined I'd experience a violent crime first hand," she wrote on June 5.

EDIT: Ares beat me to the story.

Talk about real life Final Destination (the movie).

Jessica Ghawi, killed in Dark Knight Rises shooting, narrowly missed gunfire at Toronto Eaton Centre

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dailybrew/jessica-redfield-killed-dark-knight-rises-shooting-narrowly-142258973.html

It's odd reading that someone missed a mass shoting weeks prior in Canada only to go into the United States and getting killed in the same manner she narrowly missed prior. This is very creepy...

This is horrible. I came online to check what TDK made at the midnight premiere to see if it broke any records and instead i have to read about this. This is truly horrible and i couldn't imagine what these people had to go through and see, just because they wanted to see a batman movie. I'll be praying for those people in their tough times.

And to everyone who's arguing over what reporter said what or anything else thats insignificant, STFU and show some respect. Not only did this happen to us as a hobby community, it's happened to us as a nation and as a human race. We should be banding together to figure out how we can help, even if it is just sending a small prayer their way, and not finding things to argue about like we usually do here.

Be safe out there everyone. Crazy times we live in, but like it was said before, don't let these people win you over with fear.

Horrible. Just horrible and senseless.

My heart and prayers go out to the victims and their families.

My daughter and I are still going to the afternoon showing today. I won't let some sick and twisted nut job have me live in fear and stop my daughter and I from enjoying what will hopefully be a fantastic day. If I do, he wins.

Same here, Steve. I'm going tonight.

Such a tragic turn of events here... My thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims and families of this massacre.... Some sick an evil people living in our world and our communities. There is really no stop and end to it from whatever kind of fantasy world and pleasure they live out of it.

I will be seeing the movie tonight as well. Hope everyone will be safe! Thinking of I should dress up as Batman... Ehh maybe not

Just remember this: a law is a social contract that we hope people abide by. If someone is going to do something and they are committed, they will find the means to carry it out regardless. All the laws in the world will not stop them.

You can regulate everything to the finest minutiae and it will mean nothing to the few horribly crazed people who carry out acts like the DKR shooting.

It's easy for a news outlet to retract a statement like this but sometimes the damage is already done, which is often the intent.

I'm all about laissez-faire, but I would love to have some stiff financial penalties or personal consequences associated with sloppy news reporting to make them think before talking. Problem is most of these shows are set up like gossip mills.

Like I said, news coverage is a Rorschach test. You'll see what you want to in it.

Yeah, and people don't see what they don't want to see.

Drudge has a link to the alleged shooter's picture:

JamesHolmes.jpg

I swear when I first scroll down to that picture I see horns and pointed ears.