• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Knight Massacre. Multiple people killed in DKR Showing!!!

553 posts in this topic

This is going to be disastrous for the success of this movie. :(

might hurt initial weekend, but everyone who was going to see the movie, will still see the movie... just maybe not in the first weekend. I'd bet it has a less than average drop off from week 1 to week 2 as people just wait a little to see the movie.

ABC news has already tried and label him a right wing extremist tea partier and are calling for harsher gun controls....

B.S. Either provide a link or retract.

i heard it on the radio this morning, piers morgan was calling for harsher gun control and from what the person said ABC had info he was a tea partier.

information is coming rather quickly considering.

I heard the same thing as well...so either we're both crazy or yes, some media outlet has taken this tragedy as an opportunity to push its agenda of harsher gun controls.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/cnns-piers-morgan-reacts-to-theater-shooting-america-has-got-to-do-something-about-its-gun-laws/article/2502695

ABC news has already tried and label him a right wing extremist tea partier and are calling for harsher gun controls....

i heard it on the radio this morning, piers morgan was calling for harsher gun control...

Piers Morgan is not at ABC News.

...and from what the person said ABC had info he was a tea partier.

Which person are you referring to? Somebody on the radio?

How did you go from somebody blathering on an opinionated radio show to "ABC News is saying X, Y, and Z?" You are more guilty of misreporting here than the people you are accusing of misreporting things! Have some responsibility for the things you say, man!

This is just really awful. I will never understand why some people (and I use the term loosely) do what they do. Some random acts just can't be prepared for. I'll be the first to admit that a concealed handgun against a guy wearing body armor with superior firepower in a dark, smoky room full of panicked people is almost definitely a losing scenario. I also might get nailed by a meteorite while standing outside, but I'm not going to hide underground because of it. I'm going to go see Batman tomorrow and that sick monster can kiss my .

You wanna own simple guns....fine. but they need to outlaw body armor and automatic weapons. You don't need those, no matter what the NRA or anyone says. I heard its easier to get a gun in Colorado than a drivers license.

I haven't read anything indicating he had an automatic weapon, so I don't know what that has to do with anything. Even if I had read that, I wouldn't believe it since nobody in the media knows the difference between automatic and semiautomatic anyways. Everything's just an "AK47" to them :eyeroll:

This guy who meticulously planned a mass-murder and then calmly carried it out really sounds like he would have been deterred by a few gun laws. Outlawing things people want doesn't make those items hard to get anyways (prohibition? war on drugs?).

How the hell did he get body armor? :ohnoez:

At the store? It's not illegal in most states.

i heard it on the radio this morning, piers morgan was calling for harsher gun control...

How did you go from somebody blathering on an opinionated radio show to "ABC News is saying X, Y, and Z?" You are more guilty of misreporting here than the people you are accusing of misreporting things! Have some responsibility for the things you say, man!

i posted a link...i was just referring to piers as the source for the gun control...and yes Piers is on that other network that's losing viewers.

information is coming rather quickly considering.

There's going to be a lot of info being reported as news agencies try and be the first to break it. Much of it hasn't been vetted or verified and shouldn't be taken as fact just yet

i posted a link...i was just referring to piers as the source for the gun control...and yes Piers is on that other network that's losing viewers.

He tweeted it this morning as well...I think that's where the radio program I was listening to this morning got it from...

it was Brian Ross from ABC that first said that he was searching a Colorado Tea Party Website (not sure why) and found a Jim Holmes there. The vicitims have pretty much been forgotten by the media already (JMO before somebody freaks out), they're looking for an organization or a cause for the act, couldn't be that he's just a nut.

anyways i'll stop posting on this one, the thread is going to slip slide into a political discussion soon anyways and get locked.

You wanna own simple guns....fine. but they need to outlaw body armor and automatic weapons. You don't need those, no matter what the NRA or anyone says. I heard its easier to get a gun in Colorado than a drivers license.
That's politics, but you don't know what you are talking about. No one uses automatic weapons in these deals. They are tightly regulated. I doubt whether you can legally obtain a gun in most states without a driver's license. There are background checks, etc.

+1

You cannot buy automatic weapons period, if you are a citizen. They do background check on anyone buying a registered firearm. Every time there is a tragedy such as this everyone starts calling for more gun law's and regulations.

The problem is, its not the law abiding citizen who has gun and a conceal permit that usually commits these terrible acts. Look at the murder rate in Chicago every week by these thugs running up and down blocks shooting kids or whoevers in the way. Where they getting they're guns, and they do have automatic AK's and every kind of gun imaginable. Are gun law's going to stop them, hell no.

My point is if you want a gun to do harm, you can get one, easily. So no matter how many laws are passed and put in place, unfortunatley it won't stop whack jobs like this from getting what they want. This is just a terrible story, regardless.

here's a link

ABC News

Your link is not to ABC News (why is that the name of your link?), it's to a GLENN BECK (correction: BREITBART) page that FALSELY ATTEMPTS to discredit ABC News on the basis of a SINGLE EXCHANGE between two commentators. That exchange goes like this:

"Stephanolpoulos: I'm going to go to Brian Ross. You've been investigating the background of Jim Holmes here. You found something that might be significant.

Ross: There's a Jim Holmes of Aurora, Colorado, page on the Colorado Tea party site as well, talking about him joining the Tea Party last year. Now, we don't know if this is the same Jim Holmes. But it's Jim Holmes of Aurora, Colorado.

Stephanolpoulos: Okay, we'll keep looking at that. Brian Ross, thanks very much."

First, what is the context of this exchange? It sounds like Brian Ross and George Stephanopoulos had been discussing the possible identity of the shooter for a while before this exchange occurred. Possibly Brian Ross had already mentioned several OTHER James/Jim Holmes before getting to this one.

Second, all Brian Ross does is say that "there is a Jim Homes in Aurora who is on the Colorado Tea Party site." He then IMMEDIATELY points out that this MIGHT NOT be the suspect. George Stephanopoulos then says, "we'll look at that" and indicates it is an open-ended question and not anything conclusive.

In other words, these two GOOD MORNING AMERICA commentators have done nothing actually irresponsible here, other than to mention a possible suspect and then to clarify that it might not be him.

Whoa! Damning stuff! But Glenn Beck's (correction: Breitbart) right-wing web site attempts to turn this into a scandal, and you are so gullible and overly politicized that you fall for it, then go around mis-reporting this mis-information as if true, which other people lap up because they are similarly over-politicized.

It will be interesting to see what kind of effect this has on the overall box office of the movie. I'm guessing it's going to have a pretty significant impact.

People will be afraid to go to the movies.

I think this is going to effect more than just DKR box office. I doubt many people from here until the end of summer will be getting excited about setting foot in a movie theater. The talk of copycats is all over the news this morning.

i heard it on the radio this morning, piers morgan was calling for harsher gun control and from what the person said ABC had info he was a tea partier. information is coming rather quickly considering.

I heard the same thing as well...so either we're both crazy or yes, some media outlet has taken this tragedy as an opportunity to push its agenda of harsher gun controls.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/cnns-piers-morgan-reacts-to-theater-shooting-america-has-got-to-do-something-about-its-gun-laws/article/2502695

A "media outlet," or an individual commentator whose views may not represent anything at all other than his own opinion? Do you know the difference?

You cannot buy automatic weapons period, if you are a citizen.

That's not true, Tim. There are a few states where you can purchase full auto or selective fire weapons legally. It's not an easy process (a lot of paper work with the ATF and the sear is registered with them), but it's done all the time

You cannot buy automatic weapons period, if you are a citizen.

That's simply not true. Any citizen who fills out the necessary forms, passes the checks, pays the $200 tax, and can afford the cost of a fully automatic weapon can buy one. It just has to have been manufactured and registered with the ATF prior to May 19, 1986. Of course, that makes the supply finite which makes most full-auto guns prohibitively expensive for the average nutcase. I know several "regular" people who legally own fully automatic weapons.

here's a link

ABC News

Your link is not to ABC News (why is that the name of your link?), it's to a GLENN BECK page that FALSELY ATTEMPTS to discredit ABC News on the basis of a SINGLE EXCHANGE between two commentators. That exchange goes like this:

Just to be accurate, and it is kind of ironic, but, this isn't a "GLENN BECK page that FALSELY ATTEMPTS to discredit ABC News", but, rather, a Breitbart page.