• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Knight Massacre. Multiple people killed in DKR Showing!!!

553 posts in this topic

Very sad! I swear what happen to the good old days. Why would anyone do this? Very sad day :( This really bothers me to my stomach.

Even if you told people the answer to this they wouldn't believe it.

I challenge anyone here to take a slug to the chest at 10 yards while wearing a vest and see if it doesn't knock you on your .

Here's a few insufficiently_thoughtful_persons with a .32 doing it from what looks to be less than 10 feet.

Breakdown of family and morals in society might have something to do with it. High rate of broken families with parentless kids playing HALO 12 hours a day. Curious to see how his life history comes out. Maybe he was an outstanding clean cut guy that just snaped. Hard for me to believe that. Can't believe there weren't any red flags or warning signs along the way like Jeffrey Dahmer.

Breakdown of family and morals in society might have something to do with it. High rate of broken families with parentless kids playing HALO 12 hours a day. Curious to see how his life history comes out. Maybe he was an outstanding clean cut guy that just snaped. Hard for me to believe that. Can't believe there weren't any red flags or warning signs along the way like Jeffrey Dahmer.

This is the exact answer (in bold).

This guy doing it with a 9mm wasn't smiling as much as the guys with the .32...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cvZC7tQM8k

That is just stupidity,what if the vest fails?They do have a life expectancy,is there nothing better to do out in the sticks you good ole boys. doh!

I challenge anyone here to take a slug to the chest at 10 yards while wearing a vest and see if it doesn't knock you on your .

Here's a few insufficiently_thoughtful_persons with a .32 doing it from what looks to be less than 10 feet.

now that's some crazy stupid right there.

Psychos and senseless killers are nothing new, historically speaking.

That is just stupidity,what if the vest fails?They do have a life expectancy,is there nothing better to do out in the sticks you good ole boys. doh!

In both videos the maroons were expecting it. The first video is in Detroit btw in a neighborhood. Notice how they don't go running or anything after shooting.

Also in both videos they were definitely injured (bleeding in the second one) and some loon not expecting it is going to cry and run like a person_without_enough_empathy especially when some lays about 2-3 into them.

This is one of those topics that can't really be decided by debate. If everyone were armed, sometimes crime would be deterred or arrested, and sometimes even more people would be killed. Is it worth it? That's a personal decision that can be argued but neither proven nor disproven; perhaps a number could be arrived at but statistics exist outside of ethics.

In Dice's scenario, yes I'd prefer to have 200 people armed if they are not i dio ts, but I think you give the general populace way too much credit.

Let me tell you about what happened at the Luby's in Killeen, TX.

A woman I know was at the Luby's having lunch with her parents. When Hennard drove his truck through, he got out and started shooting people.

This friend of mine reached for her purse where she kept her gun and then realized she had left it in the glove box of her car because it was not legal in Texas to conceal carry.

Hennard was very random with his killings. My friends father tried to tackle Hennard and was shot in the chest. When her mother went to her husband and cradled him in her arms, Hennard casually walked over and shot her point blank in the head.

23 people were murdered that day. When the police arrived an officer before even stepping in through a broken window fired one shot into the ceiling and shouted for Hennard to surrender. Instead, Hennard immediately ran into the bathroom and shot himself in the head.

The reason why I even bring this up is because all it took was ONE shot fired into the ceiling to stop Hennard on his rampage. Had my friend of had her gun on her, the entire thing could have ended very quickly, saving many of those people and possibly both of her parents.

The woman I speak of is Suzanne Hupp and she was instrumental in getting the concealed carry law passed in Texas.

any chance it was the fact it was a cop shooting in the ceiling that scared him rather than the average citizen?

In both videos the maroons were expecting it. The first video is in Detroit btw in a neighborhood. Notice how they don't go running or anything after shooting.

Also in both videos they were definitely injured (bleeding in the second one) and some loon not expecting it is going to cry and run like a person_without_enough_empathy especially when some lays about 2-3 into them.

Maybe, but you were talking 10 yards and while these guys were expecting it, it was less than 10 feet. In the Tyler courthouse shooting the guy was hit multiple times in the back by a .45 at less than 50 feet and he just stumbled and then turned around and killed the good samaritan trying to help the deputies. The deputies unloaded on the guy too and it wasn't until they had someone come in with a sniper rifle that they were able to take him down.

This is the sickest f....k that ever lived. Tmz reports he dyed his hair partically red and told the the cops was the joker.... I was planning on attending tonight... It just not the same....I am not gonna go tonight... I might not go at all....what a black eye for comic fandom, comic book movies and the real victims....hang the motherf...er

Well said my friend. Well said

This casts a bad shadow over comic fandom.

Now the media will take this freak and use him as a barometer to judge all comic book fans in a stereotypical way. We will be hearing about how comic books must have played a part in it because of this freak for months on end now.

:(

Ouch.

Listening to local talk radio this seems to be the sentiment among many.

That somehow this is exclusively related to comic fanboyism, and this is a comic nerd exploding.

Now what if a vet dressed in combat fatigues did this at a screening of a war movie?

A nut is a nut, no matter what sub-culture he associates with.

:sumo:

I'd say we have better morals today. WOmen aren't beaten and forced to rely on their abusive husband to survive. What a horror! Kids playing Halo all day instead of torturing insects with a magnifying glass or burning down barns. No wonder this place is so up! Blacks entering restaurants in the same door as the rest of us? It all makes sense. But this is why it's not all that smart to judge one's morals. Remember what Jesus said on more than one occasion about judging people.

This is one of those topics that can't really be decided by debate. If everyone were armed, sometimes crime would be deterred or arrested, and sometimes even more people would be killed. Is it worth it? That's a personal decision that can be argued but neither proven nor disproven; perhaps a number could be arrived at but statistics exist outside of ethics.

In Dice's scenario, yes I'd prefer to have 200 people armed if they are not i dio ts, but I think you give the general populace way too much credit.

A woman I know was at the Luby's having lunch with her parents. When Hennard drove his truck through, he got out and started shooting people.

This friend of mine reached for her purse where she kept her gun and then realized she had left it in the glove box of her car because it was not legal in Texas to conceal carry.

Hennard was very random with his killings. My friends father tried to tackle Hennard and was shot in the chest. When her mother went to her husband and cradled him in her arms, Hennard casually walked over and shot her point blank in the head.

23 people were murdered that day. When the police arrived an officer before even stepping in through a broken window fired one shot into the ceiling and shouted for Hennard to surrender. Instead, Hennard immediately ran into the bathroom and shot himself in the head.

The reason why I even bring this up is because all it took was ONE shot fired into the ceiling to stop Hennard on his rampage. Had my friend of had her gun on her, the entire thing could have ended very quickly, saving many of those people and possibly both of her parents.

The woman I speak of is Suzanne Hupp and she was instrumental in getting the concealed carry law passed in Texas.

any chance it was the fact it was a cop shooting in the ceiling that scared him rather than the average citizen?

Typically if a police officer discharged his weapon for any reason other than to put someone on the ground he would probably lose his job. Being around any of them through the years it's my understanding they are VERY specifically trained to only fire that weapon for one specific purpose...

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that had Suzanna actually of had her weapon on her that the incident would have ended much sooner then it did.

I'd say we have better morals today. WOmen aren't beaten and forced to rely on their abusive husband to survive. What a horror! Kids playing Halo all day instead of torturing insects with a magnifying glass or burning down barns. No wonder this place is so up! Blacks entering restaurants in the same door as the rest of us? It all makes sense. But this is why it's not all that smart to judge one's morals. Remember what Jesus said on more than one occasion about judging people.

I agree.

I really don't think our morals are any better or worse. A lot of things happened behind closed doors many years ago and there were still sick, twisted people around.

As for movies and video games having an influence - I grew up on Violent Horror movies and I still watch them now. It has never had a negative effect on me because I can tell fantasy from reality. If guns NEVER existed this sick individual would have made a bomb, used fire etc. etc.

Do they have the death penalty in Colorado?

Hey guys--- Reading this thread it seems to be turning into a gun control debate.

Try to stay clear of that or it will get locked.

While I do agree that an armed citizenry is a deterrent to most crimes like burglary, robbery, and rape, what this guy did was insane.

There is no strategy against crazy.

This incident has been bothering me all day. Such senseless tradgedy. I think what gets me most is that this could have been any one of us. Unfortunately for the folks who happened to go to the movies in Aurora, it happened to them.

This has actually hit Louisiana. Several young people happened to be driving out west and decided they wanted to see Batman last night. They stopped in Aurora. Never been there before, a completely random choice which lead to one of them taking a bullet to the knee. Thankfully they are alive but damn, we never know what that radom, seemingly harmless decision will lead to.

Exactly.

The scenario in that video Roy posted that everyone is applauding could have gone horribly wrong. Everyone in that room is fortunate that the robbers decided to run instead of return fire and spray bullets all over the room in a panic.

Did you watch that video closely?

That was one cool customer. He noticed that 1) Only one of them had a gun (the other had a bat), 2) that the one with the gun stepped away from everyone else and turned his back 3) he saw that the field of fire was clear behind where he was shooting.

He rose, closed the gap, and fired surprising the gunman and following herding them towards the door and away from everyone else.

That's pretty much text book. If either one of those guys would have stood still to try and attack or return fire they would have needed a coroner instead of just getting arrested.

People will die when guns are readily available...that's an unfortunate fact.

The only place where guns aren't readily available is also entirely devoid of humans....the Moon.