• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Next Breakout Walking Dead Comic

176 posts in this topic

Yeah i've got $3k in my back pocket.. If that's a modest collectors budget then I'm a massive pauper. You must be kidding... Right?

Depends what you do with the 3k James.

If you go...bang,bang,bang,bang...here's #1 - #4 cgc 9.8 bought as buy it now - well theres your 3k gone already, and you still have 97 to go!

The chance of starting from scratch and getting all 100 copies in VF- condition for $3,000 has long gone.

You would struggle to get 1 - 10 raw for that.

For 1 - 100 raw you would have to buy up big lots (as they are cheaper due to people having some already or some being in condition) and hope the missing ones you need are cheap.

TBH to get 1 - 100 in VF- is now a $4500 lot.

1 - 100 NM is closer to $6,000 and CGC 1-100 closer to $10,000.

#1,#2,#3,#4, #19,#27,#50,#80 and other rising keys (Abraham,Jesus etc) is close to $5000 on its own in 9.8. Its hard to get any 9.8 first print under $60 now.

And you need postage on top.

I should know - I'm doing it x 2 sets!

With the exception of the CGC prices the rest is incorrect. You can do 1-100 raw in NM/M for well under $3k.

Not just using ebay you can't.

Anyhow - how much richer did you finish today - was looking like the "Brangets own Ebay Walking Dead sale" on there today!

Here's 80% of a collection for less than half of the 3k.

http://bit.ly/MVd4kZ

It can't be "that" difficult to find full/near full runs.

Yeah i've got $3k in my back pocket.. If that's a modest collectors budget then I'm a massive pauper. You must be kidding... Right?

If you go...bang,bang,bang,bang...here's #1 - #4 cgc 9.8 bought as buy it now - well theres your 3k gone already, and you still have 97 to go!

The chance of starting from scratch and getting all 100 copies in VF- condition for $3,000 has long gone.

For 1 - 100 raw you would have to buy up big lots (as they are cheaper due to people having some already or some being in condition) and hope the missing ones you need are cheap.

#1,#2,#3,#4, #19,#27,#50,#80 and other rising keys (Abraham,Jesus etc) is close to $5000 on its own in 9.8. Its hard to get any 9.8 first print under $60 now.

With the exception of the CGC prices the rest is incorrect. You can do 1-100 raw in NM/M for well under $3k.

Anyhow - how much richer did you finish today - was looking like the "Brangets own Ebay Walking Dead sale" on there today!

Ok thats #21 - #100 for $1200.

A decent #1 is $800 min - a GOOD solid potential 9.8 is close to, if not spot on $1000.

I would love to see you get #2 - #20 for $800.

That would get you #2 and #19 if you were lucky.

Try to find #4 for less than $250 in NM order.

Thats $3250 and you still need #3 and #5 - #20.

I'm not being dogmatic,just stating the truth.

Bloody Jeff gets them apparently....... :applause:

Its getting harder and harder to find them was my point - that was all.

As an aside Branget - how many complete runs do you intend to keep?

Andy: Trust Jeffs #'s, they are correct. I turned down a run of VF+ and higher #1-27 a couple of weeks ago for $1,200 as there wasn't enough profit margin to make it worth my while. I know you live in Australia so your options are a little bit more limited. I had a guy call me up recently and ask me if I was willing to pay $900 for his slabbed #1 9.6 and by agreeing to pay that price sold me the rest of the run at $3.00 per book.

As for some of your examples, why is #4 tough to find in raw NM for less than $250 when the last 9.8 slabbed sale was $260?

If you don't just buy the first thing you see, you can do pretty good out there.

Jim

I was able to get issues #7-33 for $540 about a 8 weeks ago off ebay. All in NM condition. My #19 got a 9.6 (9.8 IMO) and #27 got a 9.4 (9.6 IMO) which if I wanted to sell would be worth what I paid for entire lot. All the others I haven't sent in for grading yet but don't see how any of them get less than 9.4's. You just have to be patient and buy in multi-issue lots and you can still get them for decent.

A I had a guy call me up recently and ask me if I was willing to pay $900 for his slabbed #1 9.6 and by agreeing to pay that price sold me the rest of the run at $3.00 per book. Jim

Oh? :) goodie, now i know what to offer for the rest of the ones i need! ;) :lol:

33 will be a huge book if the plot in the TV show substantially mirrors the plot in the comic, but I'm less than convinced that the TV show will depict the disgusting violence we've seen in the comic. I don't think the book will ever be unimportant or that it will go down.

FYI Update on #33

Two sold yesterday on eBay:

CGC 9.6 = $60

CGC 9.8 = $141

.2 makes a big difference.

A decent #1 is $800 min - a GOOD solid potential 9.8 is close to, if not spot on $1000.

Zero

Damn you all!! rantrant

Just when I was getting all smug and pious - on ebay Australia -of all places...#9 - #100 inclusive for $1500.

After haggling and agreeing to pick up the books, the missus is going to pick them up in a minute for ...errr, $1000. :whee:

I am manning up and admitting that,yes,you can indeed buy for less than $3000. :facepalm:

Only just mind.... :roflmao:

Zero

I'm amazed tbh - you seem to have done well - not going to keep a run for a few years and see what happens?

I can only imagine that if season 3 is half as good as the comic arcs then the major mainstream stations have got to start sniffing around soon.

The show is on at any old time here in Oz (Fox) so its not as if kids don't see it (75% of Aussies have cable) so hopefully a big channel will make it their 9pm special,starting from ep#1 soon.

Is that likely to happen in the states?

Zero

you are leaving millions, maybe billions, on the table :whistle:

(75% of Aussies don't have cable)

Only 25% - 30% have cable in Oz Andy and unfortunately I'm part of the 75 percent who doesn't have it lol

If I want to watch TWD episodes I have to download them and I know others who do this too. It'd go down well on free to air TV though I think :wishluck:

Andy: Trust Jeffs #'s, they are correct. I turned down a run of VF+ and higher #1-27 a couple of weeks ago for $1,200 as there wasn't enough profit margin to make it worth my while. I know you live in Australia so your options are a little bit more limited. I had a guy call me up recently and ask me if I was willing to pay $900 for his slabbed #1 9.6 and by agreeing to pay that price sold me the rest of the run at $3.00 per book.

As for some of your examples, why is #4 tough to find in raw NM for less than $250 when the last 9.8 slabbed sale was $260?

If you don't just buy the first thing you see, you can do pretty good out there.

Jim

Good and wise words Jim,thanks.

Damn you all!! rantrant

Just when I was getting all smug and pious - on ebay Australia -of all places...#9 - #100 inclusive for $1500.

After haggling and agreeing to pick up the books, the missus is going to pick them up in a minute for ...errr, $1000. :whee:

I am manning up and admitting that,yes,you can indeed buy for less than $3000. :facepalm:

Only just mind.... :roflmao:

And they turned out to be bloody brilliant.

All there, all the "keys", and all in great bagged and boarded condition.

I think I'll just stick to agreeing with Jim and Jeff from now on...........