• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Think Tank

1,138 posts in this topic

me. That sucks. I don't think it's going to make any difference. BW was awesome for that book. If color works for it, I'll eat my hat. It's just ahead of its time and some people don't get it. Same thing happened to The Wire.

Why not release the new issues in color and not renumber. That's not smart IMO.

:sorry::pullhair::cry:

It'll get better brother. I think there is something in the air but we're due for some good.

Hope so. I guess they really don't have much to lose. Why not try something different to bring more people on board, is probably what they're thinking. If it doesn't work, it's not for lack of trying.

From what I read, they plan to end the current series at #12 and follow up next year with a One-shot. They're leaning towards launching a kickstarter campaign to reprint the series in color and then move forward with the story.... :gossip::wishluck:

Here's a link to the story

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/11/01/the-best-comic-youre-not-reading-the-future-of-hawkins-and-ekedals-think-tank/

me. That sucks. I don't think it's going to make any difference. BW was awesome for that book. If color works for it, I'll eat my hat. It's just ahead of its time and some people don't get it. Same thing happened to The Wire.

Why not release the new issues in color and not renumber. That's not smart IMO.

:sorry::pullhair::cry:

I agree. Renumbering of the book seems a bit weird at this point... (shrug)

Personally, I like the book in black and white.

Not happy about the changes one bit. However at least they aren't just cancelling it altogether.

Without a doubt one of the best books out there but if it doesn't sell...it doesn't sell.

Maybe we if we see a spike in sales they will reconsider?

Changing the story line is pretty close to cancelling it and starting over.

i'll probably read the color trades

This is my exact thought. I love the book so much, though, I'll probably give in and by multiple issues to hand out to people leaving my LCS without one.

Changing the story line is pretty close to cancelling it and starting over.

i'll probably read the color trades

Cancelling and starting over are 2 very different things IMO.

Im going to shoot Matt an email and see what it would take to not move forward with these changes.......doubt we can do anything but hey its worth a shot!

Isn't starting from 1 good for new readership? People don't have to read 12 issues to get into it, they can just grab the new number 1 and go. Also gives a nice new opportunity to start fresh now that they might have a better idea of where they want to take the story in the long run. I see this as a big positive and am really looking forward to where they take the story.