• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,129 posts in this topic

So here are the differences. Some of these are spoilers but there are still some spoilers I left out of this…namely if anyone else dies in the Rogue Cut versus the original.

- We are shown what looks like shrines to fallen mutants while Kitty and Bishop run away

- Warpath lights a candle and says a prayer before Kitty explains how she sends Bishop back in time

- All the X-Men discuss the risks of putting their lives on the line for the time travel plan and they vote on whether they are in or not

- Bobby and Kitty share a kiss before she sends Wolverine back

- Added scenes when Wolverine first appears in the past; results of being shot and telling the girl to get out of the car and lay low.

- Xavier and Hank laugh at Logan when he says he is from the future.

- More convincing conversation between Logan and Xavier before Xavier tells Logan to "*Spoon* off"

- Logan makes a joke about the Internet when they discuss trying to locate Quicksilver

- Wanda tells Logan that she is a princess and Logan tells Wanda that he is the Wolverine

- After the Paris Summit, we see President Nixon watching a news report on the attack in which he responds with "*Spoon* me!"

- In the same scene, when Trask says he wants Raven for research purposes, Nixon responds with "I don't care who you screw"

- When Bobby complains about Kitty loosing too much blood, he suggests that they rescue Rogue and have her help Kitty with her powers

- When Xavier confronts Raven at the airport, he tells her he will never stop looking for her

- instead of it cutting to Xavier remembering that Raven's dropped ticket says Washington DC, it cuts to a scene where Hank talks to Logan and then Hank finds Raven at the mansion and has an intimate moment with her. (Some things from this have been used in different ways in the original, including Hank's monitors with the news footage)

- Immediately after that previous scene, it cuts to Magneto and Iceman wandering through the mansion's catacombs to rescue Rogue. This is cut with young Erik finding the helmet. They then get attacked by Sentinels on the way out.

- Immediately after that we see Mystique destroying Cerebro in the past while Rogue returns to help Kitty in the future. Hank tells Logan and Xavier that Raven was at the mansion and shows them the news footage from the original cut. They deduce Raven is going to DC instead of Charles remembering the dropped plane ticket. This ends with a close up of the Rogue rescue jet having a piece of Sentinel attached to it with a homing beacon

- Certain scenes are cut with Rogue holding Wolverine in the past instead of Kitty. This happens quite frequently at the end.

- Xavier talks with an injured veteran and says he is in a wheelchair due to friendly fire

- More detail of Magneto raising the stadium

- Kitty pulls Magneto through the wall of metal he creates when the Sentinels attack

Does it improve the movie at all, or should I stick with my current Blu-ray?

So here are the differences. Some of these are spoilers but there are still some spoilers I left out of this…namely if anyone else dies in the Rogue Cut versus the original.

- We are shown what looks like shrines to fallen mutants while Kitty and Bishop run away

- Warpath lights a candle and says a prayer before Kitty explains how she sends Bishop back in time

- All the X-Men discuss the risks of putting their lives on the line for the time travel plan and they vote on whether they are in or not

- Added scenes when Wolverine first appears in the past; results of being shot and telling the girl to get out of the car and lay low.

- More convincing conversation between Logan and Xavier before Xavier tells Logan to "*Spoon* off"

- Logan makes a joke about the Internet when they discuss trying to locate Quicksilver

- Wanda tells Logan that she is a princess and Logan tells Wanda that he is the Wolverine

- After the Paris Summit, we see President Nixon watching a news report on the attack in which he responds with "*Spoon* me!"

- In the same scene, when Trask says he wants Raven for research purposes, Nixon responds with "I don't care who you screw"

- When Bobby complains about Kitty loosing too much blood, he suggests that they rescue Rogue and have her help Kitty with her powers

- When Xavier confronts Raven at the airport, he tells her he will never stop looking for her

- instead of it cutting to Xavier remembering that Raven's dropped ticket says Washington DC, it cuts to a scene where Hank talks to Logan and then Hank finds Raven at the mansion and has an intimate moment with her. (Some things from this have been used in different ways in the original, including Hank's monitors with the news footage)

- Immediately after that previous scene, it cuts to Magneto and Iceman wandering through the mansion's catacombs to rescue Rogue. This is cut with young Erik finding the helmet. They then get attacked by Sentinels on the way out.

- Immediately after that we see Mystique destroying Cerebro in the past while Rogue returns to help Kitty in the future. Hank tells Logan and Xavier that Raven was at the mansion and shows them the news footage from the original cut. They deduce Raven is going to DC instead of Charles remembering the dropped plane ticket. This ends with a close up of the Rogue rescue jet having a piece of Sentinel attached to it with a homing beacon

- Certain scenes are cut with Rogue holding Wolverine in the past instead of Kitty. This happens quite frequently at the end.

- Xavier talks with an injured veteran and says he is in a wheelchair due to friendly fire

- Kitty pulls Magneto through the wall of metal he creates when the Sentinels attack

The only thing it adds is replacing Kitty with Rogue. The original cut made it seem that Kitty could get stabbed and be okay to continue for the rest of the movie while this one made it seem that she was going to die if she doesn't get medical attention quickly.

I'd probably say stick with the current blu-ray…this isn't like the Director Cut of Daredevil where it was a whole other movie.

The only thing it adds is replacing Kitty with Rogue. The original cut made it seem that Kitty could get stabbed and be okay to continue for the rest of the movie while this one made it seem that she was going to die if she doesn't get medical attention quickly.

I'd probably say stick with the current blu-ray…this isn't like the Director Cut of Daredevil where it was a whole other movie.

That is good to know, because I was wondering if it was worth buying. Especially since it contains the original move and the Rogue Cut.

Want to include a spoiler-laced edition, too? :grin:

The only real major added spoiler is that..

Bobby gets killed by the Sentinels while rescuing Rogue.

good

good

Although I wouldn't mind having both versions in one set, I'm feeling even more picking up this new version is not going to bring any additional benefit.

Thanks Meeklo for posting the comparison details.

:foryou:

Thanks! Looks like I'll be sticking with what I have, and maybe I'll rent the Director's Cut at some point.

good

Although I wouldn't mind having both versions in one set, I'm feeling even more picking up this new version is not going to bring any additional benefit.

Thanks Meeklo for posting the comparison details.

:foryou:

I picked it up tonight. For the main reason...

I've always felt Anna Paquin was cheated out of this movie in some way after strong showings in the first two and force fed Ellen Page in the third and original cut of this one.

Plus, it has 90 mins. of all-new behind the scenes stuff and a sneak peek of Fantastic Four. :ohnoez:

The new cut was pretty good. I liked that it gave the new cast members a few more lines.

I think everyone knows that the core of this cut is the Rogue rescue scene. I liked the scene, but it was a shame that it was intercut with the scene where young Magneto retrieves his helmet. That scene with Magneto walking in, disabling the guards, and "grabbing" his helmet was great in the Theatrical cut but it lacked the fluidity that made it so smooth when viewed in the Rogue cut. I understand why they did it this way and I can't blame them, but the helmet sequence does suffer a bit. In all, I'd consider it worthwhile exchange in favor of all the new scenes.

Something I noticed when watching First Class and DOFP over the course of a few nights...

Magneto must have modified his helmet between the movies. In First Class, he's unable to use his powers to control the helmet (i.e. it's not made of ferrous material). To remove it from Shaw's head, he manipulates wires to remove it. In DOFP, he can simply hold out his hand and attract it, meaning it has some level of ferrous properties. Seems logical...he would want such an important piece of equipment to be within his reach at all times.

Have the comics ever explained exactly how the helmet blocks telepaths? (shrug) I honestly don't know.

REVIEW: X-Men Days of Future Past - The Rogue Cut

THE EXTRAS

Hopefully you haven't already bought X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST on Blu-Ray because this set comes with both the Rogue Cut and the Theatrical Version, as well as a boatload of special features.

Commentary by director Bryan Singer and editor John Ottman: This commentary is only available on the Rogue Cut of the film. Ottman and Singer are old friends and colleagues, so there's an easy chemistry hear that makes this commentary highly listenable and entertaining. The pair discuss the changes between both cut, with Ottman having his own opinions on some of the editing choices.

Commentary by director Bryan Singer and writer Simon Kinberg: This commentary is only available on the theatrical cut. The writer and director both have had a hand in X-Men films in the past (and the future too) so this is definitely an informative track, though definitely less entertaining than the Singer-Ottman one. Most interesting is the information on the sheer mind-bending difficulty of pulling off a film of this scale with the massive cast and complex time travel plot.

Mutant vs. Machine (52:41): This group of featurettes adds up to nearly an hour, and borders between being standard marketing material and actual useful exploration of the production. It covers a broad range of topics, from the cast and balancing the large number of characters, to the original source comic, to the costumes and special effects. Most of the cast participates in interviews, which is nice.

X-Men: Unguarded (30:11): This round table interview featuring most of the cast and crew is fun since everyone has a great rapport together, but also feels sort of pointless since it was clearly recorded before the film's release and nobody wants to spill too much about the movie itself.

Gallery: Click through still images of Storyboards, Costumes and Concept Art.

----------------------------------------------

FINAL SUMMARY

Though it's nice to see Rogue back, all the new stuff included here ultimately just slows X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST down. The good news is that the theatrical version is still included in this Blu Ray set, so there's no reason not to buy this if you haven't already.

Extra Tidbit: According to Bryan Singer, Rachel Summers, Psylocke, Deadpool, Nightcrawler, Gambit and Jubilee were originally also supposed to be featured in the film.

3.5/5 Stars

Extra Tidbit: According to Bryan Singer, Rachel Summers, Psylocke, Deadpool, Nightcrawler, Gambit and Jubilee were originally also supposed to be featured in the film.

doh! Wow! We really dodged a bullet there.

Patrick Stewart Had A Real Levitating Chair In X-Men: Days Of Future Past

Professor X’s floating chair, which actor Patrick Stewart assumed in Days of Future Past’s dystopian future scenes, really did levitate as viewers saw on-screen.

“I loved my superhero costume and my flying chair in Days of Future Past,” Stewart recently wrote during a Reddit AMA. “The chair actually levitated, but only a few inches.”

:takeit:

Professor X’s floating chair, which actor Patrick Stewart assumed in Days of Future Past’s dystopian future scenes, really did levitate as viewers saw on-screen.

“I loved my superhero costume and my flying chair in Days of Future Past,” Stewart recently wrote during a Reddit AMA. “The chair actually levitated, but only a few inches.”

No follow-up question by the reporter about the technology involved in allowing it to levitate? ???

Professor Xs floating chair, which actor Patrick Stewart assumed in Days of Future Pasts dystopian future scenes, really did levitate as viewers saw on-screen.

I loved my superhero costume and my flying chair in Days of Future Past, Stewart recently wrote during a Reddit AMA. The chair actually levitated, but only a few inches.

No follow-up question by the reporter about the technology involved in allowing it to levitate? ???

the tech exists, certainly for stationary floating situations, or very slow controlled movement along a track, although generally cost prohibitive for your average chair. But for a 100M+ movie they can rent one from Caltech or something. The simplest way to me would involve a magnet track.

May will be the 8th anniversary of what I consider an incredible film. And I've been fortunate enough to have been gifted the 4K version of both editions of X-Men: Days of Future Past.

297545684_Screenshot_20220321-0500542.thumb.png.e7a4cc022ea9a7c6b964a4c2b89161ca.png

976485271_Screenshot_20220321-0501222.thumb.png.2bfc8e8306f6e9c8ef4cd07e7babe5df.png

Time for a rewatch so as to celebrate in advance the granddaddy franchise that laid the groundwork for all the Marvel movies and shows we experience today.

:manhero: :womanhero: