• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,129 posts in this topic

G4TV :cloud9:

She was the only reason I watched AOTS lol

I heard Jamie Chung wanted to play Psylocke so bad she practice Betsy's British accent.

My guest is they casted Munn because she's well known to fans.

It also helps that she's a nerd.

How many female asian or female that looks asian are there to play psylocke?

probably need to cast an unknown, or at least a relative unknown. I probably would have tried to cast a relatively famous actress from China, to cater to the Chinese audience, which is what they did with Blink in Days of Future Past. Nothing wrong with Olivia Munn, but it doesn't move the needle. More like January Jones in the First Class. Nice looking, some dudes appreciate it, a nice semi-known name to add, but ultimately a none-factor.

So they casted a girl who is completely Asian to play a character that is Chinese-American (Jubilee).

And they casted a girl who is Asian-American to play a character that is completely Asian. (Psylocke...with a hint of British-ness)

Wierd choices.

So they casted a girl who is completely Asian to play a character that is Chinese-American (Jubilee).

And they casted a girl who is Asian-American to play a character that is completely Asian. (Psylocke...with a hint of British-ness)

Wierd choices.

Aaaand that matters... why exactly?

Wierd choices.

Aaaand that matters... why exactly?

Just a funny outcome.

I heard Jamie Chung wanted to play Psylocke so bad she practice Betsy's British accent.

Maybe Jamie Chung's involvement in Disney/Marvel's "Big Hero 6" hurt her chances with FOX? :shrug:

I personally love her and she can act, even in a thankless movie like "The Abduction of Eden".

Maybe Jamie Chung's involvement in Disney/Marvel's "Big Hero 6" hurt her chances with FOX? :shrug:

I personally love her and she can act, even in a thankless movie like "The Abduction of Eden".

Now she can't act. Also she doesn't have any traits of psylocke.

This is awesome news and just reminds me how much I miss AOTS. Also, K-Per wasn't bad either.

Wierd choices.

Nothing new. Storm lost her African accent after one film. Keeping things straight doesn't seem to be one of their priorities.

:luhv: Olivia Munn :luhv:

I finally saw the film over the weekend so I can now participate in this thread - don't know if I'll read all 200 plus pages. I really enjoyed the film, the thing is, after the film was over, I remembered that Professor X died in X III - I do remember the teaser mid way through the credits. That, and Magneto was injected with the cure...

Did I miss something or did Bryan Singer decide to ignore this for the sake of making a good movie?

Sorry if this has already been discussed, like I said, 200 pages. That's what happens when you're late to the party.

I finally saw the film over the weekend so I can now participate in this thread - don't know if I'll read all 200 plus pages. I really enjoyed the film, the thing is, after the film was over, I remembered that Professor X died in X III - I do remember the teaser mid way through the credits. That, and Magneto was injected with the cure...

Did I miss something or did Bryan Singer decide to ignore this for the sake of making a good movie?

Sorry if this has already been discussed, like I said, 200 pages. That's what happens when you're late to the party.

Erik was shown subtly moving a metal chess piece at the end of X3, implying his powers were coming back. I think Singer chose to take advantage of those two tiny tidbits to fully bring them back for DOFP, just because he had the option to and realized he needed them to make the movie work.

I personally think the gamble paid off, but yes, it is a bit strange.