• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,129 posts in this topic

You know, I didn't mind Viper and I really liked this one while watching it, but I just couldn't shake the feeling of too much FOX studio "control" out of my head. They were injecting too much story (Elektra) into something that should have gradually trickled out plot elements in previous movies. The tell-tale sign was hiring Jackman's "Kate & Leopold" independent film director James Mangold. Jackman probably felt he would be a pushover for a big Hollywood production. The intimate charcter scenes felt out of place with the 2nd unit action ones, ruining a tone and balance. The Famke Janssen parts felt out of place too, considering she has been dead for a decade on celluloid. You're a comicbook movie character, who wasn't really dating her, move on to the next "doomed" love.

I guess in his mind, not only did Logan love her - he was forced to kill her. So he is haunted by this memory, along with everything else that has taken place in his life. I kind of got that feeling even in his scenes with Tao Okamoto. No matter what or where he was, he couldn't shake off what he had done.

I guess in comic books, we kill people and then move on. No muss , no fuss.

:baiting:

For me, it was just rehashing something we already knew. Soap operas tend to beat something into the ground with techniques also (flashbacks, ghosts haunting characters, etc). Anyone who watched the first three movies should be able to get he loved her, she kinda liked him, he killed her. It's gotten to a point where it's kinda creepy in a way.

If Jackman was a craftier actor and not just a box-office stud (once you do the obligatory Mel Gibson butt shot...), he would have incorporated more subtle nuances to his character, of emotional longing in between fighting without having to go the distracting General Hospital route. He's a ronin after all.

Instead, the direction makes Famke Janssen lends charitable fellow actor support and share the emotional baggage too (yet again) to make Jackman look like a romantic leading man (and she died twice in the franchise-talk about beating a dead horse). I know movies rely on things visually, but the draw to Wolverine is that he's a man of few words. Things happen to him that shapes him throughout the centuries.

Granted, having no romantic actors to radiate off doesn't always work either. Take Thor coming back to Earth in The Avengers and totally dodging Jane. It came off as shallow and comic-booky. Then there is Kate Beckindale building her character's whole drive and obsession of finding her lost love Scott Speedman (who never bothers to show up for production) in Underworld: Awakenings.

But, I digress... :baiting:

Is An X-MEN Spin-Off Starring QUICKSILVER On The Way?

----------------

When asked what we should expect from the sequel, he refused to give too many details away, but did reveal that, "Well, there will be another Quicksilver scene, which I’m looking forward to; that’ll be fun." Talking of Quicksilver, the second unit director was then asked by the site whether he would be interested in directing his own movies and if there are any in the pipeline. "We talked about Quicksilver before, I’d love to do a Quicksilver as a solo film because there’s a lot to enjoy with that character. But I’m not geared just towards superhero movies; for me it’s about great main characters, and finding movies that have that."

----------------

Just finished watching it for the first time.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. I am guessing that the changes to the timeline with Wolverine in regards to how he gets his skeleton laced with adamantium and the how and why Jean and Scott are still alive is similar to Spock and the Abrams Star Trek series.

Everything happened just a slight bit differently. All major events have occurred except for the one they were avoiding but just a tad bit differently.

One thing I thought of was the idea that this film depicted an attempt of a course correction that could already have been trying to course correct a previous course correction. At the end of Wolverine 2 (The Wolverine) I was under the impression that Oliver Trask was alive and well. This would imply he did not die in 1973. So what happened between Wolverine 2 and DOFP?

Perhaps the bleak future presented was due to Trask living. They send Wolverine back and Trask ends up dead at the hands of Mystique (not depicted in this movie). Now we have an even bleaker future. Wolverine goes back and Mystique is presented as a mutant who saves the others creating a warmer future where mutants are embraced. (which was depicted in this film.)

Just my 2¢

Just finished watching it for the first time.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. I am guessing that the changes to the timeline with Wolverine in regards to how he gets his skeleton laced with adamantium and the how and why Jean and Scott are still alive is similar to Spock and the Abrams Star Trek series.

Everything happened just a slight bit differently. All major events have occurred except for the one they were avoiding but just a tad bit differently.

One thing I thought of was the idea that this film depicted an attempt of a course correction that could already have been trying to course correct a previous course correction. At the end of Wolverine 2 (The Wolverine) I was under the impression that Oliver Trask was alive and well. This would imply he did not die in 1973. So what happened between Wolverine 2 and DOFP?

Perhaps the bleak future presented was due to Trask living. They send Wolverine back and Trask ends up dead at the hands of Mystique (not depicted in this movie). Now we have an even bleaker future. Wolverine goes back and Mystique is presented as a mutant who saves the others creating a warmer future where mutants are embraced. (which was depicted in this film.)

Just my 2¢

I've watched it a second time now after a relative surprised me by buying me the DVD (I really wanted to wait until next year until the Director's Cut comes out).

There are definitely some hints of different directions taken for most of the characters. Some I didn't even pick up on until seeing it again, taking my time listening and watching what was taking place.

By the way, even the DVD has some extras (not much). This version had the three main trailers from the one right after SDCC all the way to the last which used Led Zeppelin's 'Kashmir' as a soundtrack. It was fun looking at these, and remembering the buildup that occurred on here with each one that came out.

A great movie!

:applause:

I've decided to wait for next year's Rogue extended cut Blu-ray.

That's what I want. And I hope it has all those Power Piece videos using Gesaffelstein's 'Hate Or Glory' as a soundtrack.

Especially Quicksilver's version.

But the others were cool as well.

I really cannot comprehend how Marvel can handle Quicksiler better than that.

As far as the deleted scenes, I stopped buying DVD's Blu Rays, so I will have to wait until they are published online. Is there anything super special though that I am missing?

I probably should read / reread the last 100 pages of this thread.

As far as the deleted scenes, I stopped buying DVD's Blu Rays, so I will have to wait until they are published online. Is there anything super special though that I am missing?

I'll save you the searching.

New Details About X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Deleted Scenes; Plus Complete Collection

--------------------

Now, thanks to Superhero Hype forum user Retroman & X-Men Films , we have some new information regarding the upcoming Blu-ray/DVD release of X-Men: Days of Future Past, specifically regarding the deleted scenes that will be included. Based on a product description on Amazon Japan, it looks like we, or at least Japan, might only be getting 5 deleted scenes on the upcoming release and it doesn't look like Rogue's scenes made the cut. Here are the five deleted scenes that the Japanese product description lists:

-Farewell to Logan

-Logan attacks Hank

-Recording of Nixon

-Sentinel Plan

-Logan Wakes Up (Alternate Version)

--------------------

I'm going to hold out for the Super-Duper Director's Cut.

:foryou:

And this is the deleted Rogue scene people are wanting to see released.

Actors that were slotted to play famous comic roles - but didn't

Rogue's original scripted appearance before the character was pulled.

Since some may not have seen X-Men: Days of Future Past yet.

X-Men Days Of Future Past Spoiler: Rogue Cameo Revealed

-------------------

We already know that the film hinges on the X-Men of the dystopian future sending Wolverine back in time to change history. In order to do this, Kitty Pryde uses and advanced form of her phasing powers to transfer Wolverine’s consciousness into his younger body from 1973 (we’re not really sure how that works exactly, but okay). According to Vulture, during the events of the film, Kitty becomes injured and begins losing her connection to Wolverine’s consciousness. In order to keep their grip on Wolverine, Magneto and Professor X decide they need to break Rogue out of the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters, which has been converted by Bolivar Trask into a mutant prison that is heavily guarded by sentinels, so that she can absorb Kitty’s powers and anchor Wolverine.

-------------------

It looks like the UK is going to be treated to the Special Edition sooner than the USA. Available on November 17th.

X-Men: Cerebro Helmet Complete Collection Incl. Days of Future Past (Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk) [blu-ray]

1SxxtwM.png

X-men Days of Future Past 2D:

-Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary by Bryan Singer

-Kitchen Sequence

-Gag Reel

-DOUBLE TAKE: XAVIER & MAGNETO

-X-MEN: REUNITED

-CLASSIFICATION: M

-SENTINELS: FOR A SECURE FUTURE

-GALLERY: TRASK INDUSTRIES

-Second Screen App

-Sneak Peek of Exodus: Gods and Kings