• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,129 posts in this topic

X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST - THE ROGUE CUT Blu-Ray/DVD Release Details

CONTENT AND SPECIAL FEATURES:

Disc 1

Both the Theatrical Cut of the Film and the Rogue Cut of the Film

Commentaries

Director Bryan Singer and Composer/Film Editor John Ottman (Rogue Cut)

Director Bryan Singer and Producer/Writer Simon Kinberg (Theatrical Version)

Second Screen App

Disc 2

Mutant vs. Machine [A 9-part making-of documentary]

X-Men: Unguarded

Gallery: Storyboards, Costumes & Concept Art

Fantastic Four Sneak Peek

Digital HD

Now I want one.

:whee:

Huge fan base.

Of which I am not a member of.

Huge fan base of Anna Paquin as Rogue?

The Rogue character herself.

I'm not a fan of either the comic, nor Ms. Paquin's, versions.

Interesting. I'm a huge fan of Rogue (in the comics), and I'm so unhappy with the way she was portrayed in the movies, I would never buy this "Rogue" version of the film. I would assume that most Rogue fans feel the same. (shrug)

Huge fan base.

Of which I am not a member of.

Huge fan base of Anna Paquin as Rogue?

The Rogue character herself.

I'm not a fan of either the comic, nor Ms. Paquin's, versions.

Interesting. I'm a huge fan of Rogue (in the comics), and I'm so unhappy with the way she was portrayed in the movies, I would never buy this "Rogue" version of the film. I would assume that most Rogue fans feel the same. (shrug)

I may be way off, but there has to be a demand out there somewhere.

I have the Rogue Cut and I'm watching it while playing the original in the background to see what the differences are. I'm notating as I go so I'll post on here everything I find.

I have the Rogue Cut and I'm watching it while playing the original in the background to see what the differences are. I'm notating as I go so I'll post on here everything I find.

"Dear Diary,

Tonight I watched the Days of Future Past Rogue Cut to see what the differences are so I could then post them on a comic collecting message board. It made all the cool kids like me and that made me happy.

-Meeklo"

:kidaround:

"Dear Diary,

Tonight I watched the Days of Future Past Rogue Cut to see what the differences are so I could then post them on a comic collecting message board. It made all the cool kids like me and that made me happy.

-Meeklo"

:kidaround:

:roflmao:

What's sad is this is pretty much true…..

So here are the differences. Some of these are spoilers but there are still some spoilers I left out of this…namely if anyone else dies in the Rogue Cut versus the original.

- We are shown what looks like shrines to fallen mutants while Kitty and Bishop run away

- Warpath lights a candle and says a prayer before Kitty explains how she sends Bishop back in time

- All the X-Men discuss the risks of putting their lives on the line for the time travel plan and they vote on whether they are in or not

- Bobby and Kitty share a kiss before she sends Wolverine back

- Added scenes when Wolverine first appears in the past; results of being shot and telling the girl to get out of the car and lay low.

- Xavier and Hank laugh at Logan when he says he is from the future.

- More convincing conversation between Logan and Xavier before Xavier tells Logan to "*Spoon* off"

- Logan makes a joke about the Internet when they discuss trying to locate Quicksilver

- Wanda tells Logan that she is a princess and Logan tells Wanda that he is the Wolverine

- After the Paris Summit, we see President Nixon watching a news report on the attack in which he responds with "*Spoon* me!"

- In the same scene, when Trask says he wants Raven for research purposes, Nixon responds with "I don't care who you screw"

- When Bobby complains about Kitty loosing too much blood, he suggests that they rescue Rogue and have her help Kitty with her powers

- When Xavier confronts Raven at the airport, he tells her he will never stop looking for her

- instead of it cutting to Xavier remembering that Raven's dropped ticket says Washington DC, it cuts to a scene where Hank talks to Logan and then Hank finds Raven at the mansion and has an intimate moment with her. (Some things from this have been used in different ways in the original, including Hank's monitors with the news footage)

- Immediately after that previous scene, it cuts to Magneto and Iceman wandering through the mansion's catacombs to rescue Rogue. This is cut with young Erik finding the helmet. They then get attacked by Sentinels on the way out.

- Immediately after that we see Mystique destroying Cerebro in the past while Rogue returns to help Kitty in the future. Hank tells Logan and Xavier that Raven was at the mansion and shows them the news footage from the original cut. They deduce Raven is going to DC instead of Charles remembering the dropped plane ticket. This ends with a close up of the Rogue rescue jet having a piece of Sentinel attached to it with a homing beacon

- Certain scenes are cut with Rogue holding Wolverine in the past instead of Kitty. This happens quite frequently at the end.

- Xavier talks with an injured veteran and says he is in a wheelchair due to friendly fire

- More detail of Magneto raising the stadium

- Kitty pulls Magneto through the wall of metal he creates when the Sentinels attack