• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC is really pushing the envelope posted by dlagewaa

97 posts in this topic

I do not recall the exact number, but when I submitted it was not 85 days. More like 40 days.

Apart from this, earlier submissions did take lots more than advertised, so I already was taking the official turnaround with a grain of salt.

And 20 days, 40 days, 60 days. To me it is not such a problem, apart from the fact that I am really anxious to now how my books survided the years. But 80, 100 and now 110 perhaps even more days is a bit ridiculous, don't you think?

You're confusing the CGC tiers.

When the tiers are on time, Economy has a turnaround of 40 business days and Moderns have a turnaround of 20 days.

They're not, however, and Economy is currently at 110 business days and Moderns at 55 business days.

If you subbed your books under the Economy tier, they never had an estimated turnaround time of 20 days - the minimum would have been 40. And if you subbed your Economy books back in mid April, they were already listed on CGC's website as being 45 business days behind schedule (for a total turnaround time of 85 business days).

CGC has been behind on the cheap tiers since 2010 - it's silly to pretend that your books went from having an estimated turnaround time of 20 (or 40) business days to 110 business days within the last 5 months.

In any service industry if they promise a set return time and cannot fulfill that promise, then they usually give some sort of discount. If CGC is going way above their promised time, should they not be offering a discount to those who are waiting an exorbitant amount of time for their books, e.g. 40 days ends up being 150 days, a gesture of good faith? As well, how does this extended wait affect those who want multiple sigs on their book and some artists rarely show up to shows, especially when cgc will not hold onto your books anymore?

The issue is that CGC doesn't promise you anything other than your book will be graded. The estimated turnaround times are, as is clearly written out on the page, not guaranteed.

Yes, it would be nice if they gave you a small "pain & suffering" discount, but I doubt this will ever happen.

Like I mentioned earlier, the cheaper tiers haven't been on time since 2010 so it's not like this happened overnight, though - it's not really a case of you subbing books when the turnaround time was listed as 40 business days and then having it turn into 110 days instead.

That's pretty much true, I'm talking collectors mainly.

I would LOVE to see the breakdown of books CGC grades by %. GA/SA vs BA/CA vs Moderns hm

That would be an interesting chart.

The answer is only a click away.

Census Summary

Apparently more than "a click away". Does this link work for anyone else??? (shrug)

The issue is that CGC doesn't promise you anything other than your book will be graded. The estimated turnaround times are, as is clearly written out on the page, not guaranteed.

Yes, it would be nice if they gave you a small "pain & suffering" discount, but I doubt this will ever happen.

I get you, but using fast food as an example, they really don't promise you anything either, but if the order takes too long, you will get a free drink or something as a way of them saying sorry for the wait.

Giving an estimated time limit shouldn't give them that much leeway. From something like 40 business days to over 5 months is not a reasonable estimate. 40-50 or 40-60 ok, but not past that.

If they said it was guaranteed and it took them forever, then we are talking about give me a full refund. Nobody here is saying that. Just a coupon is all people who have waited grossly long have asked for. Not fair for them to be off the hook because they say its an estimate when the wait time goes that much longer. When would be an appropriate time to have them give something back for making someone wait longer? A year extra? Two? Make good business sense to give people who wait much much much longer past the estimated time frame just a % off the next comic to be graded at least. It not only would make people want to grade more comics, but give the person who is probably pissed off a reason to get more comics graded again.

I get that when they say whatever orders will be pushed back and then it takes long, but as far as estimated times go on their page, they need to change them. It makes 0 sense why they wouldn't. There would be no way they wouldn't make more money by having more people send comics to be graded if they changed that or offered a coupon of some sort to those who have to wait half a year or more when they read an estimated time of around 2 months.

I would think a coupon or time change would probably be cheaper than hiring more people too. Although having another location and more graders would be ideal.

Giving an estimated time limit shouldn't give them that much leeway. From something like 40 business days to over 5 months is not a reasonable estimate. 40-50 or 40-60 ok, but not past that.

If they said it was guaranteed and it took them forever, then we are talking about give me a full refund. Nobody here is saying that. Just a coupon is all people who have waited grossly long have asked for. Not fair for them to be off the hook because they say its an estimate when the wait time goes that much longer. When would be an appropriate time to have them give something back for making someone wait longer? A year extra? Two? Make good business sense to give people who wait much much much longer past the estimated time frame just a % off the next comic to be graded at least. It not only would make people want to grade more comics, but give the person who is probably pissed off a reason to get more comics graded again.

But, again, it's not like the turnaround time has gone from 40 days to 110 days whilst CGC has had your books.

If you subbed Economy books back in April, the estimated turnaround time was 85 days then. It is 110 days now which means that you're most likely "just" looking at 2-3 extra weeks for that particular submission.

But, again, it's not like the turnaround time has gone from 40 days to 110 days whilst CGC has had your books.

If you subbed Economy books back in April, the estimated turnaround time was 85 days then. It is 110 days now which means that you're most likely "just" looking at 2-3 extra weeks for that particular submission.

Actually the website is updated and the turn around times is now up to 120 days; and since weekend and convention Thursday/Fridays don't count; I would say that you are now looking at more then 2-3 extra weeks.

Since April of this year their turnaround times have increased by almost 2 months in a 4 month period.

Psy

It takes a long time to get your books graded. You have three options:

1) Wait and shut the hell up.

2) Fast track your submissions and shut the hell up.

3) Don't submit any more books and shut the hell up.

Unless something major happens at CGC, I would not expect turnaround times to get better anytime soon. They went into convention season behind last year and we are now reaping the results of that. What happens when Mar/April comes around this year and they start 70-80 behind? I expect wait times of close to a year.

Will I keep submitting? Sure. Do I like waiting? See my custom title.

Unless something major happens at CGC, I would not expect turnaround times to get better anytime soon. They went into convention season behind last year and we are now reaping the results of that. What happens when Mar/April comes around this year and they start 70-80 behind? I expect wait times of close to a year.

Will I keep submitting? Sure. Do I like waiting? See my custom title.

Me neither, I think we might get "somewhat" caught up over winter, but given their expedited fee structure for service and monopoly status we're going to eat their carpy TATs and like it!

It takes a long time to get your books graded. You have three options:

1) Wait and shut the hell up.

2) Fast track your submissions and shut the hell up.

3) Don't submit any more books and shut the hell up.

lol Not gonna happen.

The options still apply even if you don't shut the hell up. :hi:

or... you want to buy a chicken sandwich, but don't because the President of the organization had to open his mouth and push his ideals on his customer base.....

#3) Get my chicken at Popeye's

I wonder if they made you sign a contract stating that you will uphold traditional marriage if you want to eat the sandwich. If not...I don't think he pushed anything on anyone, and was just stating what he has a right to believe in.

getting back on the subject.

Has anyone consider that those that are submitting their books fast track now are skipping the line and pushing the dates back? I believe fast track fee should be overtime payment for graders and everyone involved in the cgc process. just a thought.

20 business days, 100 business days, 110 business days.

April 10 I submitted 11 books expecting to have them back 4-5 weeks later, which was the average turnaround advertised by CGC. Then I found out that the 'current turnaround' was 100 days. And today I see that it's now 110 business days. Another 5 weeks. At least, because I am certain that between noe and then that turnaround number will go up again.

What bugs me here is that if CGC who have obviously more work then they can handle, keeps advertising (e-mail earlier today) that people can submit books at conventions.

See more journals by dlagewaa

Bothers me not at all. For whatever reason, I just don't feel compelled to send my comics to CGC.... (shrug)