• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

Actually, when I saw that one sell for $2800, I was thinking $3000, I just might...

hm

So you're going to keep it until you die, but you'd like to upgrade, but you'd sell it if the price was right.

If there's as many people like you who own copies of the book as I think there are, I think we can at least agree that the bubble WILL burst. All it will take is enough people to flood the market with copies. Which will happen.

So easy to trick with a few mixed up words, a little back and forth, forth and back, haha, too easy...Everyone is a psychologist, it's great...This #1 will always be hot, get over it, and goodnight....

Actually, when I saw that one sell for $2800, I was thinking $3000, I just might...

hm

So you're going to keep it until you die, but you'd like to upgrade, but you'd sell it if the price was right.

If there's as many people like you who own copies of the book as I think there are, I think we can at least agree that the bubble WILL burst. All it will take is enough people to flood the market with copies. Which will happen.

This is how they burst. People holding them watch them go up, and think they could get out if the book hits that next round number. But then the book stops going up, and (gasp) maybe ticks downward. Slowly at first. And then you get people who think they could live with $2000, or $1700, or $1500, or hell, whatever I can get someone to give me for it. But nobody wants to try to catch the falling knife on the buy side unless they get a smoking deal. so the price keeps dropping until a low enough level is reached that people feel confident to buy again, or it is so cheap that they don't need to worry about being caught when the music stops.

The question is how many copies are being held by people who will keep them until they die, and how many are held by folks that bought them at $1500 in hopes of selling at $2500. If there are a lot in the latter camp there will be a real rush for the exit without enough demand at these levels to keep the book propped up. How many current owners would sell at the right price, and how close is that price point? How many more buyers really want this book to the tune of nearly $3000?

The Bubble Will NEVER burst here...The Modern book that made it all happen, everyone Loves Zombies, are you kidding me....I will die with my book...Will eventually upgrade...

And yes, it's a "BLACK LABEL"....

image_zpse56781b6.jpg

yeah, this is no Revival.

Show me another book that had:

1. Excellent story and art

2. low print run

3. turned to a TV show/movie

4. Sold for almost 3k in less than a decade

=

solid hit for generations to come

I love Walking Dead. I was an early adopter. My collection ran back to issue #1 of buying it off the stands. I've bought and read every issue since. All that being said, take a breath.

#4 should scare the living mess out of you if you are concerned with long term growth. Spikes beget spikes in the inverse.

As for "generations to come"....do you know a lot of people that want "Whiz Comics" right now? That comic was one of the original juggernauts, selling nearly 1.4 million copies PER ISSUE at its peak...and was GONE within a decade of those sales figures.

That was our parents and grandparents generation. Do you see anyone outside of a few GA collectors who gave a hairy rat's about Whiz? If they did, and if current success was a guarantee of future quality, sales and popularity, Captain Marvel would be the biggest book going today. Books come, they go, no matter how popular or hot or great, tastes change, trends change, nothing lasts forever. Marketing, support, and fresh stories are integral to success. There's no guarantee WD will have any of those three for any guaranteed period of time.

Have a little perspective.

2. low print run

=

I love Walking Dead. I was an early adopter. My collection ran back to issue #1 of buying it off the stands. I've bought and read every issue since. All that being said, take a breath.

#4 should scare the living mess out of you if you are concerned with long term growth. Spikes beget spikes in the inverse.

As for "generations to come"....do you know a lot of people that want "Whiz Comics" right now? That comic was one of the original juggernauts, selling nearly 1.4 million copies PER ISSUE at its peak...and was GONE within a decade of those sales figures.

That was our parents and grandparents generation. Do you see anyone outside of a few GA collectors who gave a hairy rat's about Whiz? If they did, and if current success was a guarantee of future quality, sales and popularity, Captain Marvel would be the biggest book going today. Books come, they go, no matter how popular or hot or great, tastes change, trends change, nothing lasts forever. Marketing, support, and fresh stories are integral to success. There's no guarantee WD will have any of those three for any guaranteed period of time.

The voice of reason... :cloud9:

2. low print run

=

The voice of reason... :cloud9:

This is the message board.

Ain't nobody got time for that!

2. low print run

=

Maybe I should get both my #1's graded and sell them to get a Amazing Fantasy 15. hm