• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

It seems like some people are offended by the idea that something like the walking dead could overshadow their beloved super heroes.

The idea that zombies could be more popular than superheroes probably does frighten people. Likely for more than monetary reasons...

Do you have a good reason why it shouldn't?

It seems like some people are offended by the idea that something like the walking dead could overshadow their beloved super heroes.

The idea that zombies could be more popular than superheroes probably does frighten people. Likely for more than monetary reasons...

Because it shouldn't. That was easy.

EDIT: And if you think it is only "zombies" that make TWD popular I think you might want to pay more attention.

Edited by wombat

But you're just simplifying it and making it seem that it's just "zombies" that are more popular than superheroes. The Walking Dead is much more than just zombies. It's about a group of PEOPLE with no special powers whatsover surviving something awful and how they cope and live. It's an inspiring story. Rick Grimes is a hugely popular fictional character just like Spider-Man or Batman and doesn't need super powers or a costume. He is a character that people care about and he grows and changes just like Peter Parker or Bruce Wayne. Readers care about the character. So TWD isn't just about zombies. :baiting:

Because it shouldn't. That was easy. [/quote

Give me a break. It is okay for people to be uncomfortable with the idea of the undead ripping people to shreds and the remaining living people doing essentially the same thing.

I think its not zombies as much as the world we live in headed toward an apocalypse. People are fascinated about the downfall of society and how humans will react. The WD is just the medium that is telling the best story.

But you're just simplifying it and making it seem that it's just "zombies" that are more popular than superheroes. The Walking Dead is much more than just zombies. It's about a group of PEOPLE with no special powers whatsover surviving something awful and how they cope and live. It's an inspiring story. Rick Grimes is a hugely popular fictional character just like Spider-Man or Batman and doesn't need super powers or a costume. He is a character that people care about and he grows and changes just like Peter Parker or Bruce Wayne. Readers care about the character. So TWD isn't just about zombies. :baiting:

That wasn't my point. I agree the books and the show are about the people.

My point was that the zombies make some people uncomfortable and that is okay. Some parents would prefer their children read Spider-Man and that is perfectly fine as well.

I was just reacting to the point was all.

I think its not zombies as much as the world we live in headed toward an apocalypse. People are fascinated about the downfall of society and how humans will react. The WD is just the medium that is telling the best story.

In that case most of us are screwed.

Because it shouldn't. That was easy.

EDIT: And if you think it is only "zombies" that make TWD popular I think you might want to pay more attention.

You're right, the average 12 year old completely understands the humanity of the stories and their struggle to cope as they survive. They don't just see dead people getting blow-up or swords and say "Cool!"

It's not the zombies. the zombies are just a foil for the man vs man and man vs environment story. Combining two iconic elements with strong characterization soap opera style has made it very popular. Strong characterization is the attraction, and that's the attraction for any popular book, whether it's superheroes or zombies.

I'm sure there are things just as bad in the superhero comics as zombies. Or do all the villians just hit people in the face with pies and then they all go have a lemonade at the end of each day.

Saying some people are uncomfortable with zombies is a far cry from asking "explain why people shouldn't be uncomfortable with it".

Gents, I know it's the internet but isn't it possible to have a conversation without ruffled feathers?

No kidding..... (shrug)

Did you get a black label or white Dave?

Black label,is there a difference?

Not significantly, no.

-slym

I'm sure there are things just as bad in the superhero comics as zombies. Or do all the villians just hit people in the face with pies and then they all go have a lemonade at the end of each day.

Saying some people are uncomfortable with zombies is a far cry from asking "explain why people shouldn't be uncomfortable with it".

One difference is in WD when someone dies they stay dead. Or become a zombie which is basically the same thing.

In a superhero book when someone dies that just means they get a new book and come back to life.

Gents, I know it's the internet but isn't it possible to have a conversation without ruffled feathers?

No kidding..... (shrug)

Some people say the Black Label is more rare.

But this has been up for debate for some time.

No kidding..... (shrug)

You have a First Print! :applause: