• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

The show ending won't impact the value of the book. Lots of shows end and still retain popularity in reruns, movies, merchandise. Star Trek became more popular after it was cancelled. This book is not dropping in value, ever.

I will give you 5 dollars for every dollar above current 90 day GPA for the 90 day GPA value of WD 1 on the date that is 5 years from the date that the show airs its last episode, if it is above current 90 day GPA . I will also give you $100 if it is exactly the same. All you have to do is agree to give me a dollar for every dollar below current 90 day GPA on the same date, if it is below.

Do you feel better continuing to attack me?

See now this is what is bizarre to me.

You called me aggressive and sarcastic.

I showed you examples of how I read that you were.

You then told me, in so many words, 'but you're a bigger aggressive/sarcastic dude'.

I said how and you you said, quit attacking me.

(shrug)

The show ending won't impact the value of the book. Lots of shows end and still retain popularity in reruns, movies, merchandise. Star Trek became more popular after it was cancelled. This book is not dropping in value, ever.

I will give you 5 dollars for every dollar above current 90 day GPA for the 90 day GPA value of WD 1 on the date that is 5 years from the date that the show airs its last episode, if it is above current 90 day GPA . I will also give you $100 if it is exactly the same. All you have to do is agree to give me a dollar for every dollar below current 90 day GPA on the same date, if it is below.

hm

Do you feel better continuing to attack me?

Se now this is what is bizarre to me.

You called me aggressive and sarcastic.

I showed you examples of how I read that you were.

You then told me, in so many words, 'but you're a bigger aggressive/sarcastic dude'.

I said how and you you said, quit attacking me.

(shrug)

f2hxu.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

deal

deal

:applause:

there should be a thread about these deals/bets made in order to preserve them for future generations

yes there should. Because I will definitely forget. And KAV will owe me enough for a reaaaaallly nice meal.

(Please read all my posts in a Bill Belicheck post game voice and regard all capitalization as emphasis, not an increase in volume)

The only thing that's changed in this goofy debate from the first time I wandered in one of these 'Walking Dead is Over' rooms (3 years ago and each year since - check Modern) and tried to spew some common sense, is that the naysayers keep moving the goalposts...

One of the things that has remained the same is that - time has proven me right each year.

1) Reading and being a fan of the stories is not that same as believing it is the sole reason comics still exist (which is part of the argument being throw about right now)

Who made THAT argument? Show me who made that argument.

2) If you really are such a believer, why own only a lowly 9.6? With such a disproportionate number of the comics in 9.8 (versus other "popular" books), why wouldn't you really put your money where your mouth is?

Because slabs are not what makes something relevant. 9 year old kids walking into my store and seeing a picture of the actor who played Shane and recognizing him as 'Shane from the Walking Dead'... that does. I find that amazing. And yet I see it regularly.

If you're argument is, will 9.8 #1 be worth more in 10 years or after the show ends... the answer can only be... who gives a crud.

If you're argument is, has Walking Dead reached into the cultural consciousness of our society... the answer is yes. You can deny it all you want. But it has.

The purpose of the thread is to discuss when (or if) the pricing bubble will bust on TWD 1. If you don't give a "crud" about what a stabbed 9.8 will be worth, why are you posting?

Especially with such aggression and absolution?

Interesting... here I thought I was being calm and definitive and you were the one being aggressive and absolute.

There is no absolute answer on the long term price of the 9.8 #1.

No one knows for sure.

That was easy.

:shrug:

You came into the thread, replied to several posts and capitalized words or used sarcasm to belittle the points others were attempting to make. Your positioning is aggressive and you attempt to diminish others (either directly or through their point of view).

From what I can see this is very typical of your posting style and it is pretty clear you are an arrogant jerk and not worth my time.

Thanks, have a nice day.

You totally described Chuck to a T. That guy really chaps my spurs...or whatever.

:insane:

1) Reading and being a fan of the stories is not that same as believing it is the sole reason comics still exist (which is part of the argument being throw about right now)

2) If you really are such a believer, why own only a lowly 9.6? With such a disproportionate number of the comics in 9.8 (versus other "popular" books), why wouldn't you really put your money where your mouth is?

Because slabs are not what makes something relevant. 9 year old kids walking into my store and seeing a picture of the actor who played Shane and recognizing him as 'Shane from the Walking Dead'... that does. I find that amazing. And yet I see it regularly.

If you're argument is, will 9.8 #1 be worth more in 10 years or after the show ends... the answer can only be... who gives a crud.

If you're argument is, has Walking Dead reached into the cultural consciousness of our society... the answer is yes. You can deny it all you want. But it has.

The purpose of the thread is to discuss when (or if) the pricing bubble will bust on TWD 1. If you don't give a "crud" about what a stabbed 9.8 will be worth, why are you posting?

Interesting... here I thought I was being calm and definitive and you were the one being aggressive and absolute.

No one knows for sure.

That was easy.

You came into the thread, replied to several posts and capitalized words or used sarcasm to belittle the points others were attempting to make. Your positioning is aggressive and you attempt to diminish others (either directly or through their point of view).

From what I can see this is very typical of your posting style and it is pretty clear you are an arrogant jerk and not worth my time.

Thanks, have a nice day.

You totally described Chuck to a T. That guy really chaps my spurs...or whatever.

I can read the rage in what you typed and you didn't even need to capitalize!

No one knows for sure.

That was easy.

Thanks, have a nice day.

I can read the rage in what you typed and you didn't even need to capitalize!

I'm all about the HOT RAGE.....that's my thing yo.