• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boy Comics
3 3

278 posts in this topic

On 1/17/2018 at 11:39 PM, Surfing Alien said:

My old copy of the He-She cover that I bought from Howard Rogofsky... 

Boy9.JPG

Boy9F.JPG

Awesome books!! Btw in regards to your board name I was wondering is it related to Joe Satriani or just Silver Surfer or both? If it is Satch related I’m going to see G3 (Satriani/Petrucci/Collen) when I get back from Florida in late February!! ?

On 17.1.2018 at 4:56 AM, gino2paulus2 said:

Very underrated book imo and suprised to see that with a book deemed to be a, “classic cover” even by CGC standards that there are only 9 Blue labels on the census mine being the lowest of course but what’s new haha!! Book doesn’t seem to bring a lot of money when brought to market either at least according to the ones I’ve seen and add in GPA. Here’s a fun pic from about 4 yrs ago when I was obsessed with finding a blue label. Sold the Resto copy. The copy on the right is my current copy. BOY I have learned a lot in that span of time and have come to be a little more open to slight restoration. All about the journey!! 

14382459998_7caacec980_b.jpg

Awesome pic! Never occured to me that a comic book/a pair of books could match so well with a dark brown wooden frame! hm

6 hours ago, Pickie said:

Awesome pic! Never occured to me that a comic book/a pair of books could match so well with a dark brown wooden frame! hm

Great minds!! I told my wife when we bought that dining room table it would double up perfectly as a place to display my funny books haha!!! Once we get the bouncy house out of the basement and I get my pool table she can have the table back ?

16 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

I can’t post mine because I don’t have a 10. Someone help me!!

Hey Ricky!! You need a Boy 10 and I need an Aman 22 somewhere around like a 4.0!! I smell a straight up trade in the works haha!! that’s fair right?(shrug) 

11 minutes ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Hey Ricky!! You need a Boy 10 and I need an Aman 22 somewhere around like a 4.0!! I smell a straight up trade in the works haha!! that’s fair right?(shrug) 

I traded my 4.0 Aman 22 away. Bummer 

Edited by G.A.tor

14 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

I think this is the only issue I have from this title. Not the best scan of it, but it's a beaut ;) 

boy 19.jpg

This has one of the most bonkers comic stories I've ever read. The scene on the cover happens - there's a guy who is the caretaker of a double-amputee. Once the caretaker knows he's been written into the guy's will, he shoves the guy in front of a train.

But when he goes to collect, he discovers the will has a stipulation: he only gets the money if he himself also becomes a double amputee. So he naturally hires a doctor to saw his legs off.

:sick:

...and things go way downhill from there!

1 minute ago, G.A.tor said:

I traded my 4.0 Aman 22 away. Bummer 

NO!!!! I was really hoping to pry that one away from you someday!! A man can dream right!!?!! I hope you got a small mint in return brother especially after JBs 7.0 copy brought almost 40K!! Yours was one of my favorite books I have seen on the boards in my short 5 yrs. Realistically it was out of my league but I saw there was a 1.8 on the census I have been dying to see what that looks like!! I wish CGC had images of every book they ever graded free for public consumption that would be sweet!!

8 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

The 1.8 was mine as well. Spine split. 

This was pre slab picture

9007FFF2-C708-49E0-A7DC-B18A522834F5.jpeg

WOW!! I will tell you this much you never cease to AMAZE me MAN!!! Was yours past tense? The Aman 22 club runs through GAtor Country!!. Thanks for sharing I sure enjoy seeing them!! Never seen one in real life and I have found with almost every GA book I have purchased via the interwebs they ALWAYS look and feel cooler up close and personal!! 

5 hours ago, Crimebuster said:

This has one of the most bonkers comic stories I've ever read. The scene on the cover happens - there's a guy who is the caretaker of a double-amputee. Once the caretaker knows he's been written into the guy's will, he shoves the guy in front of a train.

But when he goes to collect, he discovers the will has a stipulation: he only gets the money if he himself also becomes a double amputee. So he naturally hires a doctor to saw his legs off.

:sick:

...and things go way downhill from there!

:whatthe:

22 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Awesome books!! Btw in regards to your board name I was wondering is it related to Joe Satriani or just Silver Surfer or both? If it is Satch related I’m going to see G3 (Satriani/Petrucci/Collen) when I get back from Florida in late February!! ?

I was raised on the FF in the Silver Surfer age... and I play a little gitar as well... so... 

Have a great time at the show... sounds killer!

On 1/16/2018 at 12:42 AM, gino2paulus2 said:

Fun book here’s my rag!!

Boy Comics #10

Very underrated book imo and suprised to see that with a book deemed to be a, “classic cover” even by CGC standards that there are only 9 Blue labels on the census mine being the lowest of course but what’s new haha!! Book doesn’t seem to bring a lot of money when brought to market either at least according to the ones I’ve seen and add in GPA. Here’s a fun pic from about 4 yrs ago when I was obsessed with finding a blue label. Sold the Resto copy. The copy on the right is my current copy. BOY I have learned a lot in that span of time and have come to be a little more open to slight restoration. All about the journey!!

14382459998_7caacec980_b.jpg

:shy:

cf7oZvV.jpg

The Slight (A) on this is "moderate amount of glue on spine and cover." I guess a couple drops less glue and it would have been a blue label? Not really sure how they decide what's small and what's moderate. But either way, I'm happy to have it! A little glue isn't a big deal for me. 

Of course, when I was a kid, I used rubber cement to secure the cover of my Avengers #4, so I might not be the best judge of these things. 

9 hours ago, Crimebuster said:

:shy:

cf7oZvV.jpg

The Slight (A) on this is "moderate amount of glue on spine and cover." I guess a couple drops less glue and it would have been a blue label? Not really sure how they decide what's small and what's moderate. But either way, I'm happy to have it! A little glue isn't a big deal for me. 

Of course, when I was a kid, I used rubber cement to secure the cover of my Avengers #4, so I might not be the best judge of these things. 

Great book glad to see it found a good home. If I still had it today I probably wouldn’t have sold it and just popped it out and mylar’d it. Happy with my copy but nothing wrong with having 2 right!! Same could be said for a few books I have sold with slight resto. I still don’t prefer it and try to get it removed if possible but i have several books now I am just happy to have any copy. We all have our little preferences which is part of what makes it fun!!