• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,094 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Fisionbomb said:

I've found that once books finally get back to CGC from CCS the grading TAT is half or less than what's stated on the site. Hopefully the same is true for you.

That would be killer. I got charged by CGC today for this box along with a bunch of orders from April so keeping my fingers crossed a bunch of my orders are getting close to their return. (But also not holding my breath) It seems like a toss up when CGC decides to charge you.

Anyone have books delivered in late March modern slow track that have been shipped out yet?  

Pretty sure the time stamp was 55 days then.  I was not in a big hurry but this seems excessive.  

I am guessing like a lot of companies they cant find people that actually want to work.

On 7/4/2021 at 11:28 AM, BrntWS6 said:

Anyone have books delivered in late March modern slow track that have been shipped out yet?  

Pretty sure the time stamp was 55 days then.  I was not in a big hurry but this seems excessive.  

I am guessing like a lot of companies they cant find people that actually want to work.

I sent in some books for prescreen on March 1, checked in at CGC on March 24.  They've been sitting there with no movement since.

The magazine is SFG, and the reholder made it through quickly.

I think the pre-screening is what is slowing so many things up.  They changed the added days from 10 to 25, so they must be really behind on prescreen orders.  That, and the fast track stuff keeps taking precedence.

The summer/fall comicon season for slabs is going to be tough this year.

CGC.JPG

2 hours ago, mpickerel said:

I sent in some books for prescreen on March 1, checked in at CGC on March 24.  They've been sitting there with no movement since.

The magazine is SFG, and the reholder made it through quickly.

I think the pre-screening is what is slowing so many things up.  They changed the added days from 10 to 25, so they must be really behind on prescreen orders.  That, and the fast track stuff keeps taking precedence.

The summer/fall comicon season for slabs is going to be tough this year.

CGC.JPG

Ooof... I've got a pre-screen received on 4/7 I had hoped was getting close, but seeing yours 2 weeks before mine with no movement dashed those dreams... 😢

I’ve got 2 reholders delivered 5/7 and never marked received. High dollar books

when the Blackstone acquisition went public last week, I was sure all of cgc was about to go into even more of a severe slowdown. 

so it is with great surprise and delight that I see my box got opened today!  

image.gif.7ce62255b296d909b26175892cec5bbd.gif

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

On 5/7/2021 at 4:24 PM, Hutch88 said:

8 Golden age (Economy) & 2 reholders. Rec. at Cgc. :wishluck: pg 801

On 5/12/2021 at 4:31 PM, Hutch88 said:

Package not comics now show rec'd with the new tracking tool...zzz pg 807 

Showed as rec'd\SFG today. (three days shy of two calendar months) :whistle: pg 865

On 7/4/2021 at 12:28 PM, BrntWS6 said:

Should have responded to this one...

My last, and possibly final, batch was delivered on 3/24 and received on 4/20.  It was in SFG from that point onward.  It shipped last Wednesday and I received it yesterday 7/5.  Good Luck!

2 minutes ago, Petroman said:

Should have responded to this one...

My last, and possibly final, batch was delivered on 3/24 and received on 4/20.  It was in SFG from that point onward.  It shipped last Wednesday and I received it yesterday 7/5.  Good Luck!

To be more specific, it was a 25 book Modern Slow Track order.  And honestly, I thought I would get some better grades.  One of the more harshly graded shipments I've had with only a few grader notes.  A few 9.2 head scratchers too.  Oh well.  LOL, I need to rethink my hobby business plan as 6 month TATs will make it really hard to sell off my collection before I'm dead.  On the bright side, they did not actually charge me for my order until the books were shipped, so that is a departure from the past.  Maybe just an oversight, who knows...?

11 hours ago, Ron C. said:

The TAT for CCS/CGC for a Modern Magazine is now at 291 working days (almost 14 months).  :whatthe:

That's NUTS, and no way to run a business.  What the H-E-doublehockeysticks

1 hour ago, djzombi said:

That's NUTS, and no way to run a business.  What the H-E-doublehockeysticks

The industry is definitely going crazy but these TATs are even more out of control.  I can't get my head around sending something out that would take a year or more to get back.  I've been tracking Ebay sales for several years, and CGC sales have gone from around 20k/month at the start of 2020 to around 45k/month now.  Interestingly, CBCS sales have also increased substantially from around 1k/month to 2.5k/month.  So CGC is still close to 20x CBCS sales.  Its hard to tell the trend lines, but they seem to be narrowing a little, although both vendors have seen a very nice spike in their graded book sales on Ebay.  Personally I do think there are some pretty good arbitrage opportunities in picking up CBCS graded books at a discount, but even that seems to be narrowing.

34 minutes ago, Petroman said:

The industry is definitely going crazy but these TATs are even more out of control.  I can't get my head around sending something out that would take a year or more to get back.  I've been tracking Ebay sales for several years, and CGC sales have gone from around 20k/month at the start of 2020 to around 45k/month now.  Interestingly, CBCS sales have also increased substantially from around 1k/month to 2.5k/month.  So CGC is still close to 20x CBCS sales.  Its hard to tell the trend lines, but they seem to be narrowing a little, although both vendors have seen a very nice spike in their graded book sales on Ebay.  Personally I do think there are some pretty good arbitrage opportunities in picking up CBCS graded books at a discount, but even that seems to be narrowing.

Very interesting and informative post. Also any opinion on if you think cgc might shutdown some levels aka what BGS and PSA have done in the card grading space?

OMG, folks.  Have you seen this update on the CGC site?

Tropical Storm Elsa Preparations

Posted on 7/6/2021

The Sarasota offices of the Certified Collectibles Group are closing early today.

The Sarasota, Florida offices of the Certified Collectibles Group® (CCG®) will close at 4:00 p.m. (Eastern time) today, July 6, to give employees additional time to prepare their homes and families for Tropical Storm Elsa. Depending on weather conditions, resumption of normal business hours may be delayed.

CCG's Sarasota offices are housed in secure, state-of-the-art facilities that are built to withstand hurricane conditions. The buildings are located approximately 10 miles inland and are not located in a flood zone. As always, procedures are in place to ensure the safety and security of all collectibles in our care.

HEY @G.A.tor!  How are those hills of North Carolina looking to you about now?

I think its now official.  There's a signpost up ahead.  We have now entered the Twilight Zone

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost