• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,038 posts in this topic

There are so many loopholes and shortcuts and fast tracks to get your stuff through the process faster that there isn't really a standard timeline anymore. I'm thinking of writing "express" all over the box of my next standard economy submission to see what happens. 

Received: 8/24/21
Service: FAST TRACK SIG. MODERN
09/01/2021 - Scheduled for Grading
09/07/2021 - G/E/I
09/09/2021 - Grading/Quality Control
09/13/2021 - Shipped :banana:
Edited by BigD702

On 9/13/2021 at 3:55 PM, BigD702 said:
Received: 8/24/21
Service: FAST TRACK SIG. MODERN
09/01/2021 - Scheduled for Grading
09/07/2021 - G/E/I
09/09/2021 - Grading/Quality Control
09/13/2021 - Shipped :banana:

Do you mind me asking whose sig?

The Marc Silvestri sub cutoff was 7/05 and yet no word if he's come in to do it yet and I'm gettin' antsy. 

"mark each side of your shipping box with EX (or WT) in large, bold letters."

Am I being paranoid, or is this something one needn't be concerned about? (there seems to be a lot of sticky fingers out there)

On 9/13/2021 at 5:39 PM, Ryujin said:

Did anyone receive their modern magazine back that submitted this year? 

I have 24 Modern Mags sub...delivered 3/12...marked received 3/25...updated to "Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging" since early July...no movement since.

On 9/14/2021 at 10:03 AM, wombat said:

Please explain how them stopping new submissions would get my book done faster that they already have. 

You do realize that Express, Walkthrough, and Fast Track will jump ahead of many books already in CGCs queue, right?  Stopping submissions would allow CGC to reallocate resources to current inventory and also curtail line-jumping, premium $ tiers.

That said, CGC is not going to halt submissions as their current inventory represents a guaranteed revenue stream that they can use for forecasting and budgeting.  It might be different if customers could cancel their in-house orders as often will happen in other industries with supply chain issues. 

Edited by Cool Ghoul
Spelling

On 9/14/2021 at 10:58 AM, Cool Ghoul said:

You do realize that Express, Walkthrough, and Fast Track will jump ahead of many books already in CGCs queue, right?  Stopping submissions would allow CGC to reallocate resources to current inventory and also curtail line-jumping, premium $ tiers.

That said, CGC is not going to halt submissions as their current inventory represents a guaranteed revenue stream that they can use for forecasting and budgeting.  It might be different if customers could cancel their in-house orders as often will happen in other industries with supply chain issues. 

That is assuming that don't have that baked in already. When they estimate TATs they may already be assuming this. Now are they? I have no idea. 

On 9/14/2021 at 11:22 AM, wombat said:

That is assuming that don't have that baked in already. When they estimate TATs they may already be assuming this. Now are they? I have no idea. 

Point taken. They very well could be baking this in. But you gotta admit, for the most part TATs are getting longer, not shorter, and I don't see that trend subsiding anytime soon.

I jumped the queue somehow...3x Standard (no addl services) 

Delivered: 8/23
CGC Rcvd: 8/25
SFG: 8/25
G/E/I: 9/2
G/QC: 9/10
Shipped: 9/14

est TAT on arrival ~66 days.  Total biz days from delivered ~16 days.
Maybe it's Karma to make up for the Fast Track Value that's been circling the Bermuda Triangle since April (: