• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,075 posts in this topic

On 11/18/2021 at 1:17 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Shocked...suddenly several subs graded and shipped, finally.

2021 Nov Shipping Update.png

were the moderns slow boat?

And where on chrome is the copy and paste for that format? lol mine didn't look at all like it, I can do a screenshot, but would like to edit out info :wishluck: 

On 11/18/2021 at 2:22 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

And where on chrome is the copy and paste for that format? lol mine didn't look at all like it, I can do a screenshot, but would like to edit out info :wishluck: 

On a Mac: Command + Shift + 4 will let you select the region you want to capture

On a Windows 10 PC: Command + Shift + S will do the same

On 11/18/2021 at 2:10 PM, Chazgee said:

Actually, there are a few CGC trusted 3rd parties that can also press books and retain the SS label. Rich Henn and Joey Post are 2 of them. 

Interesting. :hmm

My guy up here in Canada says he spoke with CGC about pressing sig series books and was told its all in house now. 

Got to find Rich or Joey and find out

On 11/18/2021 at 1:39 PM, Ares said:
On 11/18/2021 at 1:10 PM, Chazgee said:

Actually, there are a few CGC trusted 3rd parties that can also press books and retain the SS label. Rich Henn and Joey Post are 2 of them. 

Interesting. :hmm

My guy up here in Canada says he spoke with CGC about pressing sig series books and was told its all in house now. 

Got to find Rich or Joey and find out

Can not find the thread where this was discussed, but from memory.  Joey no longer works on Signature Series.  Something with CGC.  I do believe Rich may as he is a facilitator and from my understanding that the facilitators can , but usually this is during a crack to add signatures . To find out if they will solely crack and press you would have to contact them. 

On 11/18/2021 at 11:09 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

joeypost can do signature series as well, although I imagine all pressers are slammed and I'm not aware of how many are like joey to be under the Sig Series umbrella.

Maybe OP means ones getting started aren't as swamped, but they already have a few referrals under their belt. In that case it "can" be an option :wishluck: 

Depending on signature series and how selective one wants to be....

For sure. But the main thing is if you are sending to CCS you are basically asking for 3+ months extra to get your books back. I have at least 3 pressers I trust depending on their workload. I usually pay extra to get them pressed in 1-2 weeks.

So what's the average that stuff tends to spend in grading/encapsulation/imaging? CGC got my moderns from CCS on 10/4 and they're still still sitting in grading/encapsulation/imaging after 45 days. (The other sets of books I sent in at the same time were only in there for 21 day before shipping)

On 11/18/2021 at 2:10 PM, Chazgee said:

Just curious ...

What's the criteria for being approved to do this?

On 11/18/2021 at 11:22 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Yes and the dates I shipped out to CGC were about 3 ish months on average before the received date shown.

I use Paint and after I take a screenshot I paste it in there - I use the Print Screen key -  crop accordingly, and save as a .png (or even .jpeg) file. Here is the icon/logo I pinned to my taskbar for Windows: 

Paint.png

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

On 11/18/2021 at 4:36 PM, Chazgee said:

SS facilitators regularly crack books to add signatures. If they were to add a press, how would anyone know?

That, is a great question. It does raise the age old ethics question. Knowing a few of the facilitators (not all of them, but a select few), I am sure this is rampant. 

On 11/18/2021 at 6:32 PM, Wheresmymarvelvaluestamp said:

Even better reason to not use CCS. For signed books I would get them pressed prior and cross your fingers the artist doesn't screw it up.

I do appreciate that your trying to help (thumbsu

Just in case you didnt know, with the in house signings cgc has estimated tat for pressing of 3 weeks. I didnt know if you knew, but with press and grading its estimated at 6-8 weeks. Just in case you were curious about doing some  :)

Given that, a lot of extra feelings come into play for those who use a facilitator for signature series and etc, but then they wouldnt be able to press after signature as it has to remain in the facilitator posession until at cgc.

Anyway lol

:takeit:

On 11/18/2021 at 6:41 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I do appreciate that your trying to help (thumbsu

Just in case you didnt know, with the in house signings cgc has estimated tat for pressing of 3 weeks. I didnt know if you knew, but with press and grading its estimated at 6-8 weeks. Just in case you were curious about doing some  :)

Given that, a lot of extra feelings come into play for those who use a facilitator for signature series and etc, but then they wouldnt be able to press after signature as it has to remain in the facilitator posession until at cgc.

Anyway lol

:takeit:

I just meant signings at in house cgc events is tempting people for signature series, for the promised tat and it's one flat fee, no matter what grading tier the book  (thumbsu

That's simpler

Edited by ADAMANTIUM