• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,965 posts in this topic

On 11/23/2021 at 12:29 PM, jlrangers21 said:

UPDATE: The second submission went through all three steps in one day.  Amazing

22 Books - Modern Slow Track with Labels (Same box)

Delivered: 05/17

Received/SFG: 07/19

G/E/I: 11/22/21

G/Q: 11/22/21

Shipped: 11/22/21  (FedEx wont pick up until 11/23/21)

21 Books - Modern Slow Track with no Labels (Same box)

G/E/I: 11/12

G/Q: 11/15

Shipped: 11/15

That's awesome! Their press release last week about "clearing package opening backlog" did say they were initiating workflow improvements across facility. So maybe that is getting done to all our benefit once all subs (not just few blessed recents) reach grading room.  

On 11/24/2021 at 4:16 PM, Jaywalker0 said:
On 11/23/2021 at 12:29 PM, jlrangers21 said:

: The second submission went through all three steps in one day.  Amazing

22 Books - Modern Slow Track with Labels (Same box)

G/E/I: 11/22/21

G/Q: 11/22/21

Shipped: 11/22/21  (FedEx wont pick up until 11/23/21)

21 Books - Modern Slow Track with no Labels (Same box)

G/E/I: 11/12

G/Q: 11/15

Shipped: 11/15

Expand  

That's awesome! Their press release last week about "clearing package opening backlog" did say they were initiating workflow improvements across facility. So maybe that is getting done to all our benefit once all subs (not just few blessed recents) reach grading room.  

Yes true, but they said too that it started in December for all the rest :cry:

On 11/24/2021 at 4:19 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Yes true, but they said too that it started in December for all the rest :cry:

Oh I know But I'm also hoping they're following an under Promise, over Deliver situation.  Meaning, say Dec, when implementing now to work out kinks to meet timeline as opposed to whoopsy, goes into effect Jan, then Feb, etc

I can dream, ok :grin:

:wishluck:

On 11/24/2021 at 4:44 PM, Jaywalker0 said:

Oh I know But I'm also hoping they're following an under Promise, over Deliver situation.  Meaning, say Dec, when implementing now to work out kinks to meet timeline as opposed to whoopsy, goes into effect Jan, then Feb, etc

I can dream, ok :grin:

:manhero::womanhero::fourleafclover::wishluck:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/20/2021 at 8:22 AM, ChrispyC66 said:

I’m sure it will be soon. I just hope it happens on Monday or Tuesday so it can get going before any Thanksgiving shutdown.:foryou:

FTR - my 6/18 books in the submission that went GEI on 9/30 and shipped on 11/17 we’re all graded on…you guessed it 9/30!

Sadly, no such luck. Still at G/QC.

Woe is me.

woe is me.jpg

On 11/4/2021 at 7:05 PM, Fisionbomb said:
On 10/19/2021 at 6:14 PM, Fisionbomb said:
On 10/13/2021 at 9:51 PM, Jaywalker0 said:
On 10/13/2021 at 7:36 PM, Fisionbomb said:

Any change for you?  My remarque (no pressing) book has been G/E/I for 2 weeks.

None. That boat's motor died and is adrift in a current :(

Expand  

I inquired about when my (Silvestri remarque, no pressing) stuck in G/E/I order would ship, below is the response:

Thank you for your email, this private signing took place on 9/14/21 and this is when the 6-week turnaround time begins, the submission is currently in the Grading room being graded. It should be completed approximately by the end of the month. "

Expand  

Inquired again today... response:

The invoice is still finishing up.  For the private signings, the turnaround time doesn't start until the book is signed/sketched/  In this case, that occurred on 9-14 and then it is an approximate 6-8 weeks from that date.  Your order should be finishing up in the next week or so.

11/12/2021 response:

It does appear that your invoice is past due.   I will send a message down to have them locate and rush the order.

Thanksgiving Eve response (11/24/2021):

We are still actively searching for this submission.

On 11/22/2021 at 3:42 PM, Chazgee said:

Anyone see any progress on their Sienkiewicz books? 7 of my books have been at GEI for 3 weeks today. My other 3 haven't left CCS.

7 Sienkiewicz Sig Books w/ press
SFG on 10/29
GEI on 11/1

3 Sienkiewicz Remarque Books w/ press
Still at CCS

My single Sienkiewicz book, remarque w/press is still showing "Received at CCS" 😥

On 11/24/2021 at 7:21 PM, Fisionbomb said:

11/12/2021 response:

It does appear that your invoice is past due.   I will send a message down to have them locate and rush the order.

Thanksgiving Eve response (11/24/2021):

We are still actively searching for this submission.

Just to level set your expectations, they have been locating and rushing my June order since August. 

On 11/24/2021 at 10:09 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

The only thing that I've heard rumored is, that the magazines being a different "size", cgc has to "adjust" the slabbing slabber, so that they only do them maybe once or twice per month.

This would make logical sense IF they only had one "slabbing slabber"... seems incredibly unlikely.  My bet: magazine sub volume is significantly lower than comic sub volume, so they "prioritize" the money makers.

Magazines = "Eh, we'll get to em sometime"  😣

On 11/24/2021 at 7:30 PM, X_Phile said:

Just to level set your expectations, they have been locating and rushing my June order since August. 

And all the while we get to read countless stories of "2000 book Slow boat sub delivered 10/01, shipped 10/04, all 9.8".........  :pullhair:

On 11/24/2021 at 7:40 PM, Fisionbomb said:

And all the while we get to read countless stories of "2000 book Slow boat sub delivered 10/01, shipped 10/04, all 9.8".........  :pullhair:

Yes, and July submissions starting to ship out which were received after. It's like they lost June's submission. See a few problems reported for June submissions. 

On 11/24/2021 at 7:29 PM, Fisionbomb said:

My single Sienkiewicz book, remarque w/press is still showing "Received at CCS" 😥

Thanks for sharing. (thumbsu

Curious, is your book a comic or mag? Mine are all mags, which we all know take a bit longer.

On 11/24/2021 at 10:18 PM, Chazgee said:
On 11/24/2021 at 7:29 PM, Fisionbomb said:

Thanks for sharing. (thumbsu

Curious, is your book a comic or mag? Mine are all mags, which we all know take a bit longer.

Mine is a comic.