• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,995 posts in this topic

On 11/20/2021 at 8:26 AM, zupaphly said:

So I got a "CGC has made an adjustment to your submission" email at 1am this morning. Do they really have people burning the midnight oil trying to get caught up? I was expecting it since it was an ASM 300 going through the modern tier. They bumped it all the way up to Walkthrough. Does that mean they have it graded, since they picked out what tier to adjust it to?

Maybe you got a 9.9 :wishluck:

On 11/19/2021 at 11:30 PM, Kantankerous said:

I'm hearing stories from people that submitted after me without fast track getting their books back within like couple months and my books that I shipped in July and CGC opened in August are still in SFG as of today... IF this is true obviously I'm going to be upset over this... I thought it was first come first serve for same service level items?

I had one submission that basically went in and out, while I had another waiting in SFG since August. They were trying a need grading technique on those books to see how quickly they could do turn around

2 Slow track Modern Books

4/1 - Mailed to CGC 

4/9 - Delivered to CGC facility 

5/13~ - Received by CGC

5/13~ - Received by CCS

N/A - CCS in Process

N/A - CCS in Process

N/A - SFG

N/A - GEI

N/A - G/QC

N/A - Shipped

Anybody have any idea when CCS should start to press my books? I'm assuming I'll have to wait about 5 more months.

On 11/21/2021 at 3:10 PM, qlow said:

4/1 - Mailed to CGC 

5/13~ - Received by CGC

5/13~ - Received by CCS

N/A - CCS in Process

N/A - CCS in Process

N/A - SFG

N/A - GEI

N/A - G/QC

N/A - Shipped

Anybody have any idea when CCS should start to press my books? I'm assuming I'll have to wait about 5 more months.

https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/ccs-pressing/ shows estimated turnarounds in business days 

On 11/21/2021 at 6:10 PM, qlow said:

4/1 - Mailed to CGC 

5/13~ - Received by CGC

5/13~ - Received by CCS

N/A - CCS in Process

N/A - CCS in Process

N/A - SFG

N/A - GEI

N/A - G/QC

N/A - Shipped

My 5 subs were Received by CGC a month before yours... 3 went into CCS in Process end of September, then the other 2 mid October...

2x25 modern slow boat subs

delivered: 5/27

marked as received/scheduled for grading: 7/29

1 order GEI then quality control: 11/19

marked shipped: 11/20

The other order still scheduled for grading...only difference in the orders are the one that's stuck has '90s books.  What a long wait.

Still have 2x25 modern slow delivered 6/7 stuck at SFG.

Big thx to CGC for editing out all the swear words from my last post...no one should have to talk like that.  But also, no one should be treated the way some of us have with these turn around time.  6 months is not a fair wait when thousands of books in the same tier are getting 6 week waits.

On 11/19/2021 at 8:30 PM, Kantankerous said:

I'm hearing stories from people that submitted after me without fast track getting their books back within like couple months and my books that I shipped in July and CGC opened in August are still in SFG as of today... IF this is true obviously I'm going to be upset over this... I thought it was first come first serve for same service level items?

It is truly all over the place. I have seen modern slow that were SFG on 7/23 get shipped recently but yet I hear there are lots of other people who were in SFG in June and earlier still sitting. There really is zero consistency. My biggest submission was SFG on 8/03 so I am hoping they will be graded/shipped before 2022.

On 11/21/2021 at 3:10 PM, qlow said:

4/1 - Mailed to CGC 

5/13~ - Received by CGC

5/13~ - Received by CCS

N/A - CCS in Process

N/A - CCS in Process

N/A - SFG

N/A - GEI

N/A - G/QC

N/A - Shipped

Modern pressing TAT is currently 196 business days plus whatever the TAT is for grading. Yes, probably another 5-7 months. Ask for recommendations for a third party presser so this doesn't happen again. :)

On 11/22/2021 at 12:42 PM, IceHole said:

Still have 2x25 modern slow delivered 6/7 stuck at SFG.

When was you 6/7 marked as received in the system. Still waiting for them to locate my MFT delivered April, received 6/22 and has sat as SFG since. Started raising concerns in August and still not located. Last correspondence with the CGC rep working it was 11/9 they escalated to Operations Manager and our Customer Service Director and would let me know. Still waiting on a response. So they have had my books since April, have been actively searching for them since August, and can't reply in November. That is not a sign of a caring company. I have really been disappointed with CGC and their handling of this situation. Things happen I understand but there is no excuse to not discuss with the customer and come to a resolution. 

On 11/22/2021 at 2:27 PM, Wheresmymarvelvaluestamp said:
On 11/22/2021 at 12:59 PM, ChrispyC66 said:

CGC is trying to stay ahead of us but it ain’t happening…

From today

7C92F957-1B7B-4893-B447-900D860FB5FB.thumb.jpeg.a041416a637c0e7693250159849816e1.jpeg

Expand  

They do not update that daily. The fact that it is within a week of today is impressive. It is very possible they are close to being caught up.

it was all caught up last week, "opening as we receive" last week :) 

that's why he's saying that this week is different, but yes they must not update that part of the site as regularly :wishluck: 

I have several pending orders:
- slow modern; recv'd 5/3, opened 6/22, been in GEI for a couple months now - 140+ days and counting
- slow value (economy now); recv'd 5/3, opened 6/22, scheduled for grading - 140+ days and counting
- fast modern; recv'd 5/3, opened 6/22, shipped 8/23 - 80ish days
- fast modern; recv'd 5/3, opened 6/22, shipped 8/23 - 80ish days

- fast value; recv'd 5/3, opened 6/22, shipped 9/16 - 95ish days
** cant find my tracking but I know it was after the JDF CGC SS announcement since I something in for it, so let's call it 9/20 **
- slow economy; recv'd 9/20, opened 10/14, SFG - 40+ days and counting
- slow magazine (TMNT Last Ronin's); recv'd 9/20, opened 10/14, SFG, 40+ days and counting
- slow modern; recv'd 9/20, opened 10/14, shipped 10/18 - 20ish days
- CGC SS JDF; recv'd 9/20, opened 10/5, SFG - 40+ days and counting

I'll try to update this as time goes by

Anyone see any progress on their Sienkiewicz books? 7 of my books have been at GEI for 3 weeks today. My other 3 haven't left CCS.

7 Sienkiewicz Sig Books w/ press
SFG on 10/29
GEI on 11/1

3 Sienkiewicz Remarque Books w/ press
Still at CCS
Edited by Chazgee

On 11/22/2021 at 2:09 PM, X_Phile said:

When was you 6/7 marked as received in the system. Still waiting for them to locate my MFT delivered April, received 6/22 and has sat as SFG since. Started raising concerns in August and still not located. Last correspondence with the CGC rep working it was 11/9 they escalated to Operations Manager and our Customer Service Director and would let me know. Still waiting on a response. So they have had my books since April, have been actively searching for them since August, and can't reply in November. That is not a sign of a caring company. I have really been disappointed with CGC and their handling of this situation. Things happen I understand but there is no excuse to not discuss with the customer and come to a resolution. 

I only ever noticed it go to sfg 8/6.