• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,965 posts in this topic

On 11/20/2021 at 7:26 AM, zupaphly said:

So I got a "CGC has made an adjustment to your submission" email at 1am this morning. Do they really have people burning the midnight oil trying to get caught up? I was expecting it since it was an ASM 300 going through the modern tier. They bumped it all the way up to Walkthrough. Does that mean they have it graded, since they picked out what tier to adjust it to?

That's same for billing, received, shipped. Human didn't send it, automated batch mailer did when an accounting cycle was run. You had to have hit a a 9.6 or 9.8 on your ASM300 (congratz). CGC really doesnt seem to nickel and dime, me at least. I've had high grade books that blow past Modern tier not upgraded. Only upgrade was like yours, unexpected high grade where a 9.8 =$2500+ value. 

On 11/22/2021 at 11:23 PM, Jaywalker0 said:

That's same for billing, received, shipped. Human didn't send it, automated batch mailer did when an accounting cycle was run. You had to have hit a a 9.6 or 9.8 on your ASM300 (congratz). CGC really doesnt seem to nickel and dime, me at least. I've had high grade books that blow past Modern tier not upgraded. Only upgrade was like yours, unexpected high grade where a 9.8 =$2500+ value. 

Thanks! Hoping it hit a 9.8 since 9.6 fmv is ~ $1700-2100 which should be express tier? Fingers crossed...

On 11/23/2021 at 12:23 AM, zupaphly said:

Thanks! Hoping it hit a 9.8 since 9.6 fmv is ~ $1700-2100 which should be express tier? Fingers crossed...

Curious how they charge you WK in these cases. Was it the minimum amount or did they calculate 3% off their perceived FMV?

On 11/23/2021 at 7:11 AM, dikran1 said:

Curious how they charge you WK in these cases. Was it the minimum amount or did they calculate 3% off their perceived FMV?

For me, it was minimum. I also sent a book Walkthru once, even tho it was graded at an approx value of $5500 they could have done the 3% for more, but only charged me WK minimum.   

So yeah, CGC seems to have some money grubbing practices, but they really aren't nickel and diming as much as they conceivably could.

On 11/23/2021 at 12:23 AM, zupaphly said:

I got hit with the Fee adjustment email on a recent submission. Always fun to wake up to find. Since then, the submission has been stuck in G/E/I limbo for 2 weeks. Funny that they can charge me for Express but not provide express service from that point forward for those adjusted books. Of course they also charged me the current Express fee of $125 on books that were submitted back in May prior to the announced fee increase when Express was still $100. So that's an issue too. Three books out of 17 were adjusted to Express. Two of those have to be 9.8 to justify the bump. One of those two, I was probably asking for it. But the other one is the type of book that you couldn't really declare the value without knowing the subjective grade. And the last book? It's a low grade bronze key just inside the modern cutoff and I'm waiting to see the grade because if it's what I expect it to be, there is no objective proof that that book in that grade, when delivered over 6 months ago, was anywhere near Express tier values. Today? Maybe. But back in May when they received the book? Nope. CGC shouldn't get to use their operational limitations and resulting backlog as justification for arbitrary retroactive increases in valuation.

Anyone had their modern slow track submissions clear the CCS process recently? My main concern is that the problems we're currently seeing with submissions received back in late April / early May for just CGC grading will be even the worse with CCS. They probably haven't even gotten to the hoards of submissions they received after the price change. I could easily see the 196 TAT go up to 250 or more once they start going through the thousands of submissions received during that time. Heck, my 4/11 received submissions (prior to the price change) are still likely a couple of months away from being pressed. I have absolutely zero hope that my 6/23 submissions will see the light of day next spring or even summer. 

On 11/23/2021 at 12:18 PM, skybolt said:

Anyone had their modern slow track submissions clear the CCS process recently? My main concern is that the problems we're currently seeing with submissions received back in late April / early May for just CGC grading will be even the worse with CCS. They probably haven't even gotten to the hoards of submissions they received after the price change. I could easily see the 196 TAT go up to 250 or more once they start going through the thousands of submissions received during that time. Heck, my 4/11 received submissions (prior to the price change) are still likely a couple of months away from being pressed. I have absolutely zero hope that my 6/23 submissions will see the light of day next spring or even summer. 

I have an order been in "Received at CCS" since 4/15.  Thats my update...for the past 7 months.

On 11/15/2021 at 11:28 AM, jlrangers21 said:

22 Books - Modern Slow Track with Labels (Same box)

Delivered: 05/17

Received/SFG: 07/19

G/E/I: ??

G/Q: ??

Shipped: ??

21 Books - Modern Slow Track with no Labels (Same box)

G/E/I: 11/12

G/Q: 11/15

Shipped: 11/15

Of course the site is having a hiccup now and I cannot check the grades, lol.  I saw it was shipped and them got distracted for a moment and now none of my submissions will pull up.  

UPDATE: The second submission went through all three steps in one day.  Amazing

22 Books - Modern Slow Track with Labels (Same box)

G/E/I: 11/22/21

G/Q: 11/22/21

Shipped: 11/22/21  (FedEx wont pick up until 11/23/21)

21 Books - Modern Slow Track with no Labels (Same box)

G/E/I: 11/12

G/Q: 11/15

Shipped: 11/15

On 11/22/2021 at 3:27 PM, Wheresmymarvelvaluestamp said:

They do not update that daily. The fact that it is within a week of today is impressive. It is very possible they are close to being caught up.

Thanks @ADAMANTIUM, that is why I was sharing that info and I believe CGC does make an effort to update that page fairly often. I believe the Modern and Economy TATs shrunk a little as well. 

On 11/23/2021 at 7:50 PM, BrntWS6 said:

My modern magazine finally had some movement.

sent in 3/15 

grading / QC 11/23

I feel your pain, had some come back earlier this month myself. That was a long wait and I empathize!

Just one last inch to get it shipped. :wishluck::wishluck::wishluck:

On 11/23/2021 at 8:00 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I feel your pain, had some come back earlier this month myself. That was a long wait and I empathize!

Just one last inch to get it shipped. :wishluck::wishluck::wishluck:

Yeah I really dont understand the delay with magazines.  Why not grade them just like a regular modern book.

On 11/24/2021 at 9:01 AM, BrntWS6 said:

Yeah I really dont understand the delay with magazines.  Why not grade them just like a regular modern book.

The only thing that I've heard rumored is, that the magazines being a different "size", cgc has to "adjust" the slabbing slabber, so that they only do them maybe once or twice per month.

That has some logical points to it, but as to why it usually takes longer than regular "comics", I'm not to sure other than the slabber machine (shrug) 

If you actually meant "grading" as oppose to the whole slabber process, mags have more surface area, but as for TAT that's all I got lol 

On 11/24/2021 at 10:09 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

The only thing that I've heard rumored is, that the magazines being a different "size", cgc has to "adjust" the slabbing slabber, so that they only do them maybe once or twice per month.

That has some logical points to it, but as to why it usually takes longer than regular "comics", I'm not to sure other than the slabber machine (shrug) 

If you actually meant "grading" as oppose to the whole slabber process, mags have more surface area, but as for TAT that's all I got lol 

I have heard this as well. But I have a hard time believing at this point they don't have enough magazines to warrant some of the machines being set up for magazines full time. 

If they have to retool their machine for magazine size  that would make sense.    I imagine their magazine subs are low comparatively.

But still an 8 month wait they maybe should think about a separate machine for mags.

Edited by BrntWS6

Hey guys I have a question about a TMNT #1 

So I checked the status of my book and they have it described as a 3rd print.  I bought this book brand new off the shelf and am 95% sure it's a 2nd printing.  Not sure what happened but the packing slip says nothing about what print.

I called CGC and she said they would try and pull it but since it's in QC she it not sure.

My question is the cover any different for 1st, 2nd and 3rd prints?  I know it says on the inside cover but since its slabbed that does me no good.

On 11/24/2021 at 11:56 AM, BrntWS6 said:

Hey guys I have a question about a TMNT #1 

So I checked the status of my book and they have it described as a 3rd print.  I bought this book brand new off the shelf and am 95% sure it's a 2nd printing.  Not sure what happened but the packing slip says nothing about what print.

I called CGC and she said they would try and pull it but since it's in QC she it not sure.

My question is the cover any different for 1st, 2nd and 3rd prints?  I know it says on the inside cover but since its slabbed that does me no good.

If you have a pic of it before you submitted it to cgc I can tell you the printing from the front cover. 

On 11/21/2021 at 3:10 PM, qlow said:

2 Slow track Modern Books

4/1 - Mailed to CGC 

4/9 - Delivered to CGC facility 

5/13~ - Received by CGC

5/13~ - Received by CCS

N/A - CCS in Process

N/A - CCS in Process

N/A - SFG

N/A - GEI

N/A - G/QC

N/A - Shipped