• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,049 posts in this topic

On 12/8/2021 at 7:51 AM, wombat said:

Any magazine economy updates? Probably pointless, but trying to estimate mine that was received on 5/12 (delivered 4/8). No pressing. 

image.thumb.png.e0c04b5dc9982b0edf5055dc3825cc7e.png

Technically this isn't a real update, as it's been like this for around 3.5 months

On 12/8/2021 at 2:43 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Suddenly the other sub is received that arrived with the one mentioned above, and it is already in GEI. What the heck...???

what's that? your a gift horse? :takeit: 

I wonder why you're not supposed to look it in the mouth ??? got to be the weirdest thing I've ever heard of! :roflmao: 

time for google! :idea: 

On 12/8/2021 at 2:48 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

what's that? your a gift horse? :takeit: 

I wonder why you're not supposed to look it in the mouth ??? got to be the weirdest thing I've ever heard of! :roflmao: 

time for google! :idea: 

Yes, a horse's age can be deduced by inspecting its teeth. The longer the teeth, the older the horse. Thus, looking a gift horse in the mouth would be considered rude because the person is essentially examining the horse to check how old it is. If the horse was too old, maybe they wouldn't even want it.

On 12/8/2021 at 3:18 PM, Petroman said:

Completely agree.  If you really want to spend web development $$$ then I would focus on 1) removing the 8 month limitation on seeing your old submissions in the list and 2) more accurate/up-to-date TATS.  Anything that could give the clients more transparency into where their submissions are in the processing phases would be greatly appreciated and would probably cut down on the number of calls they get from people asking where their books are.  On the plus side, I guess it is a good sign that CGC are investing in their website.

Or how about the notification about the forms change comes with some information on how there will be a new barcoding and scanning system implemented with the change, that will cut down on handle time and and TAT by x amount of days, and improve accuracy of submissions being direct to the proper tier backlog. I would then be much more excited for the change. It's similar to them patting themselves on the back for finally getting caught up on opening their mail.   

On 12/8/2021 at 2:07 PM, hermster said:

Modern - Standard

Delivered - 7/27

Received/SFG - 7/28

Grading/Encapsulating/Imaging - 11/17

Grading/QC - 12/6

Shipped - 12/8

Do they just have all the submissions in random order?

Modern - Standard

Delivered - 4/29

Received - 7/9

Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging - Septemberish

Grading/QC - Hasn't made it to this step - wtf CGC?!?

On 12/8/2021 at 12:50 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Yes, a horse's age can be deduced by inspecting its teeth. The longer the teeth, the older the horse. Thus, looking a gift horse in the mouth would be considered rude because the person is essentially examining the horse to check how old it is. If the horse was too old, maybe they wouldn't even want it.

I did not know that! :roflmao:

On 12/8/2021 at 4:37 PM, bloodwings19 said:

Slow Modern with CCS Pressing

3/2- Received 

10/27- G/E/I

12/8-  Grading/Quality Control

Gives me a little hope for my 4/11 received submission. Credit card still hasn't been charged.

On 12/8/2021 at 2:27 PM, skybolt said:

I think a lot of us were hopeful that CGC opening packages upon arrival would expedite the turnaround times. However, even though the 2 plus month wait time between delivered and received has been reduced to less than a week, the TAT's have actually gone up.:tonofbricks:

It never made any sense that this would help reduce TATS. Not unless someone thought the graders were sitting around with nothing to do because they didn't open up enough boxes. 

Page 1000 must be my lucky page, as stuff I sent to CGC in July (and received by CGC on 10/4) just shipped after spending seven weeks in GEI. Not the best grades, but I'm just glad I can stop checking eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevery day.

Now, the stuff that I sent in to CSS the day before the price increase...I'm just going to pretend those don't exist and be surprised when they show up on my door. ("Aww, isn't that nice, Past Steve sent me a present!")