• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,948 posts in this topic

On 12/13/2021 at 11:08 AM, NewWorldOrder said:

At least now while I am uploading my next submission to CGC I am now getting enjoyment of seeing YouTube videos of people uploading getting their invoices back from CCS/CGC where their CGC 6.5 Eternals #1 isn't worth what they thought it was when they submitted it after buying raw comics at 2020/2021 highs.  

A lot of I "lost money" and "I thought this would grade higher."

Seeing the defeat :wavingwhiteflag: in their eyes is beautiful.

(Greggy hitting the confused button in 3 2.....)

Don't forget the "grader must have had a fight with his wife the night before" excuse.

Edited by jokiing

On 12/13/2021 at 4:16 PM, DainBramaged said:

They tell you right up front that this is the way it works, so...?

I did say we willingly sign up for. It still is completely illogical and makes no sense. Why would the TAT that is listed today be the TAT that books received 7 months ago would be held to? 

On 12/6/2021 at 5:03 PM, Fisionbomb said:
On 12/5/2021 at 5:47 PM, noelbeast said:

Um, holy…I think I’m dreaming. My Silvestri Remarque hit Grading/Quality Control sometime over the weekend! :banana:

@Vader71 @Jaywalker0 @Fisionbomb @rexinnih

Expand  

Woot! Mine was still G/E/I last night but shows SHIPPED today.  (Signed date of 09/14/21, grade date of 09/30/21)  And: 9.8!!

And sort of off topic but USPS used an excuse I haven't seen yet that I recall. Usually it's out for delivery then gets delayed due to "animal interference" regardless of the fact that there are never any effing animals to interfere with delivery. Today my Silvestri remarque was out for delivery and got delayed due to "no access to delivery location".  Sure, my absolutely unobstructed regular a*s home had "no access". Didn't stop my regular junk mail!! :pullhair:

On 12/13/2021 at 7:00 PM, Fisionbomb said:

And sort of off topic but USPS used an excuse I haven't seen yet that I recall. Usually it's out for delivery then gets delayed due to "animal interference" regardless of the fact that there are never any effing animals to interfere with delivery. Today my Silvestri remarque was out for delivery and got delayed due to "no access to delivery location".  Sure, my absolutely unobstructed regular a*s home had "no access". Didn't stop my regular junk mail!! :pullhair:

I too have had the very same thing with my "regular residence". I called, it was delivered next day, but yep their reasoning is not always on the up and up. Except mine was FedEx or ups, and the regular mail uses was still delivered.

Maybe your USPS saw someone that looked suspicious,  but really just vent, and it "should come tomorrow " :wishluck:

It isnt ideal and I know, they're all just :insane: in the membrane sometimes. 

insane in the brain!

On 12/13/2021 at 5:00 PM, Fisionbomb said:

yeah, i’ve noticed (for me) they usually do this when they’re either extremely busy or they forgot to load the package on to the truck. I’ve called a representative about it and they said something along the lines of they don’t have a status for delaying it, which is why you see an obstruction or animal interference status.

to be honest, i’d rather see those stauses than a delivered status with no package. my post office is notorious for marking packages as delivered but actually delivering them the next day. it’s so anxiety inducing. wonder if that has to do with daily quotas or something. (shrug)

Just had a modern slow track that has been in G/E/I since July get passed by another order that was submitted a month later to G/QC.  Should I be concerned?

Order 1: Delivered to CGC in Apr

Received: 6/16/21
Items: 13
Service: MODERN

Order 2: Delivered to CGC in May
Received: 7/14/21
Items: 6
Declared Value: 1,050
Items: 3
Declared Value: 150
Edited by Lady Death Footstool

On 12/13/2021 at 8:59 PM, Lady Death Footstool said:

Just had a modern slow track that has been in G/E/I since July get passed by another order that was submitted a month later to G/QC.  Should I be concerned?

Order 1: Delivered to CGC in Apr

Received: 6/16/21
Items: 13

Order 2: Delivered to CGC in May
Items: 6
Declared Value: 1,050
Items: 3
Declared Value: 150

You could call and double check,  I would. 

But, there isn't a rhyme nor reason for the ways subs are going out the door at the moment. 

It'll get back to normal eventually,  but last we heard,  cgc is working on streamlining it somehow. 

Here is an update from my submissions that arrived at cgc on 4/23 this year, My standard graded spidey that was also pressed by ccs was finally shipped out yesterday it was graded on 11/1.

I have a fast track economy that was delivered on 4/26 that is still in ccs hands this makes 172 days

I have 7 fast track moderns that arrived on 4/23 that are still currently in ccs hands.

Now here is the good part I have 6 fast track moderns and 1 express that where pressed by CPF and they are already in grading and they arrived on 11/12 and I have been charged for grading also.

Long draw out here, the standard that was shipped got lost in the sauce for awhile apparently, to bad they didn't just hold it a bit longer and ship it out with the others that are being graded and maybe save a buck or 2 since its been there this long. oh well

On 12/14/2021 at 9:38 AM, Elroy Jetson said:

My 4 book magazine order received 3/23/21 just moved from GEI to Grading/Quality Control.

Alec

@wombat @Chazgee I think y'all have mags still, but finally an update :) ? :foryou:

and thanks @Elroy Jetson

On 12/13/2021 at 1:20 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Since he posted some august's modern slow.

My August modern slow 

Received 8/14.

Still sfg

went to gei! :wishluck: