• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,088 posts in this topic

On 5/12/2022 at 9:12 AM, Miguelb said:

Not complaining, but never a rhyme or reason it appears...15 books that weren't of particular priority for me so sent them slow modern.  Received 3/2....shipped yesterday.  Expected to wait ten months on these, so good news.

No rhyme or reason happens a lot.

CGC4345554525
2/23/22
PRESCREEN - MODERN
Shipped
5/12/22
CGC4345554525
2/23/22
PRESCREEN - MODERN
Scheduled for Grading

On 5/12/2022 at 3:18 PM, Ed Hanes said:

did they damage the slab?..curious why they are sending a slab to reholder for you

it is consigned, when they don't like they way it looks they send it in. this one they said inner well was defective

they are sending it for reholder as they do not want to sell and have a complaint, so it gets reholdered before being listed for sale

Edited by Bird

On 5/12/2022 at 12:24 PM, Bird said:

it is consigned, when they don't like they way it looks they send it in. this one they said inner well was defective

they are sending it for reholder as they do not want to sell and have a complaint, so it gets reholdered before being listed for sale

oh man...that is annoying...I send them a lot of stuff for consignment too..food for thought

reholder question...

When sending one in, does the person doing the reholdering know what the particular problem was in the first place? If so, theoretically, the reholdered comic should always come back perfect, no?

On 5/12/2022 at 3:49 PM, Gaard said:

reholder question...

When sending one in, does the person doing the reholdering know what the particular problem was in the first place? If so, theoretically, the reholdered comic should always come back perfect, no?

Sure, If they're paying attention. There's a spot to write in a description of the problem on the submit form. I've started circling defects with marker to up my chances

On 5/12/2022 at 2:44 PM, gadzukes said:

Using a Bell Curve I'd like to see a graph of the volume for each Submission Tier.  I'm guessing Slow Economy must be the biggest volume?  Or are Moderns the biggest volume?

My guess is that MODERN is by far the tier with the biggest volume.  I would also guess that the new graders that they have hired over the last year+ only grade MODERN tier books, and thus the reason why the TATs for MODERN and MFT have come down quite a bit.  This would leave the veteran graders to grade WALKTHROUGH, EXPRESS, STANDARD, ECONOMY FAST TRACK, and ECONOMY -- in that order.  Thus it seems that plain old ECONOMY is the ugly stepchild getting very little love.  Just conjecture on my part, but the stories I've read on this board about ECONOMY would seem to support it.

On 5/12/2022 at 2:33 PM, Stefan_W said:

Sent back two books using ME, one was broken when shipped back to me and the other had really bad Newton rings. 

Entered into SFG on April 14, and went to G/E/I about a week later. 

Shifted to QC and then shipped both on 12 May 2022. 

I'm very happy with the turnaround time. It weirdly went in G/E/I fast and then sat there, but the bottom line is it is being sent back quickly and faster than promised.  

I just want to quickly add that I was very impressed with the shipping back to me. I am used to FedEx ground which usually takes a week or so from Canada to and from CGC. The package was picked up at CGC yesterday and showed up at my door 18 hours later. Really incredible, and big kudos for selecting the more expensive shipping option. I would have been totally fine with regular ground so this was a very pleasant surprise. 

Edited by Stefan_W

I had asked this a few days ago and never got a response. I was curious on some of these statuses at CGC:

For those CGC submission experts, I had my walkthrough just go from "Quality Control / Finalized" which I thought was the last step before shipping to "Grading/Quality Control" within 15 minutes of each other. I am confused because wouldn't "QC/Finalized" mean the QC would be complete?

On 5/13/2022 at 2:49 PM, captainzombie said:

I had asked this a few days ago and never got a response. I was curious on some of these statuses at CGC:

For those CGC submission experts, I had my walkthrough just go from "Quality Control / Finalized" which I thought was the last step before shipping to "Grading/Quality Control" within 15 minutes of each other. I am confused because wouldn't "QC/Finalized" mean the QC would be complete?

I'm a bit confused.

There is received, when the books check in.

THere is then SFG, scheduled for grading....

THere is then GEI, grading/encapsulation and imaging, where the grading and slabbing takes place

THere is QC/Finalized, where they double check everything before or while putting in a box to ship and print label, before it's out the door

THere is Shipped, its considered out the door, just waiting to be picked up by the carrier, where you can see grades and have a tracking number....

So given there is only on QC? does that answer your question?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/13/2022 at 2:55 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm a bit confused.

There is received, when the books check in.

THere is then SFG, scheduled for grading....

THere is then GEI, grading/encapsulation and imaging, where the grading and slabbing takes place

THere is QC/Finalized, where they double check everything before or while putting in a box to ship and print label, before it's out the door

THere is Shipped, its considered out the door, just waiting to be picked up by the carrier, where you can see grades and have a tracking number....

So given there is only on QC? does that answer your question?

On my WK, it went from "Quality Control/Finalized" to "Grading/Quality Control" and then switched back to "Quality Control/Finalized". That is why I was a bit confused with that.

On 5/13/2022 at 3:05 PM, captainzombie said:

On my WK, it went from "Quality Control/Finalized" to "Grading/Quality Control" and then switched back to "Quality Control/Finalized". That is why I was a bit confused with that.

That means there was a hiccup for it to go back a step? Idk who to tag to understand better. Possibly QC caught something and they asked the grading team about it? But idk procedure for it. Like if there was a problem they would have let you know? You'd think... Idk @The Lions Den? Maybe? I hate to bother cgc mike...

On 5/13/2022 at 4:14 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

That means there was a hiccup for it to go back a step? Idk who to tag to understand better. Possibly QC caught something and they asked the grading team about it? But idk procedure for it. Like if there was a problem they would have let you know? You'd think... Idk @The Lions Den? Maybe? I hate to bother cgc mike...

As to what actually happened, I can only guess. But as long as the book has been finalized, it should be moving through the process...  (thumbsu