• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 6/7/2023 at 4:07 AM, underw0rld said:

Just received my stash of Modern Magazine submissions. These new slabs are brittle junk. The corner of 1 slab was disintegrated and there is no damage to the shipping box. CGC is just becoming one huge disappointment with their product quality going downhill and books being damaged by their employees

1mag.JPG

Did you contact CGC about it?  It's good for 14 days after your received.

On 6/7/2023 at 1:47 PM, JollyComics said:

Did you contact CGC about it?  It's good for 14 days after your received.

True, the slab will likely only last 14 days before melting. :wink:

Hey, I'm a newbie who sent in a couple modern magazines (actually just TMNT comics) for pressing and grading.  They were received 22 working days ago, and have displayed "CCS in process" during that time.  The turnaround time is listed as 15 working days for the press, so I'm just wondering if it's normal to exceed that estimate these days.  Thanks!

Edited by FantasticDan

On 6/7/2023 at 5:35 PM, FantasticDan said:

Hey, I'm a newbie who sent in a couple modern magazines (actually just TMNT comics) for pressing and grading.  They were received 22 working days ago, and have displayed "CCS in process" during that time.  The turnaround time is listed as 15 working days for the press, so I'm just wondering if it's normal to exceed that estimate these days.  Thanks!

FantasticDan....
I'm not being mean, so please don't take it that way.
But....that 'exceeding of stated turnaround times'  -  is the basis for this thread.  We're all comparing notes, venting frustration, celebrating progress, and hoping that the books make it back to our sweaty hands ASAP.  I had a submission take 13+ months to return, submitted in 2021 summer, returned fall 2022.

Things are better now. but not awesome.

On 6/7/2023 at 8:55 PM, Point Five said:

[takes long, deep drag of an imaginary cigarette]

[I mean, I don't actually smoke, but still] 

Folks. My Economy Fast Track order from 4/11

is now

SHIPPED.

:whee:

Hallelujah 🙌🙏 answer to prayer 

Just by and by, a mag modern delivered ???

But received 5/18/23 shipped 6/5 shipping label was for 6/6 though. :)

I'll have it back in time for registry awards, small book, but importantly grateful to me! ^^

On 6/6/2023 at 6:00 PM, Still Only 20¢ said:

2023-06-06  Shipped w Jun 7 date.

So this submission spent around 24 hours in QC, which is considerably more than most recent submissions.  We'll see what this means.  :whistle:

Mine has been sitting in QC for two full business days. Hopefully, it means they are taking their time to do…you know…QC. Time will tell. 

Has anyone recently had a modern order sit in GEI for more than 2 weeks? I have 2 books which I have also added custom labels to them and they've been sitting in GEI for 2 weeks. Usually when my books go to GEI, within a day or two they go to G/QC. My 12 book sub went through faster than this 2 book sub and both were sent at the same time in the same box.

On 6/7/2023 at 9:55 PM, Point Five said:

[takes long, deep drag of an imaginary cigarette]

[I mean, I don't actually smoke, but still] 

Folks. My Economy Fast Track order from 4/11

is now

SHIPPED.

:whee:

Waitaminute. 4/11? [checks calendar]. That doesn't seem fast at all!

On 6/7/2023 at 11:51 PM, captainzombie said:

Has anyone recently had a modern order sit in GEI for more than 2 weeks? I have 2 books which I have also added custom labels to them and they've been sitting in GEI for 2 weeks. Usually when my books go to GEI, within a day or two they go to G/QC. My 12 book sub went through faster than this 2 book sub and both were sent at the same time in the same box.

My recent ME sat in QC for a couple of weeks which was a first for me. Maybe there was a shortage in cases or shipping boxes, or something along those lines. 

As somewhat of an aside, as many board members recall, the shipping boxes of old (circa 2018, perhaps a bit later, and earlier) used to ship 25 comic books were larger and the cardboard that the boxes were made of was thicker. Further, the material that was used to secure the comic books or magazines inside the box was far better than what is currently used.

Edit: The same holds true for the old boxes that were used to ship 15 comic books.

Edited by Tec-Tac-Toe

On 6/7/2023 at 10:51 PM, captainzombie said:

My Adam Hughes signing modern sub with 2 books has been sitting in GEI for almost 2 weeks as well.

Yes usually it doesn't take this long.  Hoping there's an update soon.

I had a registered mail (5 book - STANDARD) delivered on 5/5/23

I still get the message "Your package has been delivered and is securely stored in our facility. It will appear in the Submission Tracking tool once it has been opened"

Any idea on how backed up CGC is with their mail openings these days?