• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,036 posts in this topic

I just subbed my books via Fast Track (advice from this very post.. Thanks!) from the Long Beach Comic Con (11/3 - 11/4).

They were received on 11/7. Spoke with Customer Service at CGC and she told me they would be graded within 10 to 15 days. Tick Tock

I just subbed my books via Fast Track (advice from this very post.. Thanks!) from the Long Beach Comic Con (11/3 - 11/4).

They were received on 11/7. Spoke with Customer Service at CGC and she told me they would be graded within 10 to 15 days. Tick Tock

Is this a compliant or a just a statement?

That sound like their fast track is still well on time.

it sounds like a dream :cloud9:

They are getting ready to start grading SDCC books next week, according to my call today. :wishluck:
:whistle:

safe bet that whatever calendar rate they were on will slow down significantly more with the sdcc monster load of books. Also, sell your Walking Deads CGC's now, before all of these come back...

Just called to check on my Modern Pre-screen submission that was received on 27 JUL. I was told they are currently grading pre-screens from 27 JUN. :cry:

At this point, I'm just going to try and forget about them and be pleasantly surprised whenever they do show up.

AND.. will not be doing pre-screen in the future. Lesson learned.

Fast Tracks are not on time anymore. They're taking ~15-20 days invoiced to shipped.

Edited by roastedbagel

Fast Tracks are not on time anymore. They're taking ~15-20 days invoiced to shipped.

It was a statement. However, as many of the posters are complaining about delays, I wanted to share my experience beginning with my submission on 11/7 as another example.

Edited by Praxis52

I emailed CGC and found out my books that were received by CGC on 7/5 (Modern, no fast track) were graded about a week ago!

Did not too bad on my second sub either...If it all holds the same, one I was hoping for 9.6, came back 9.4, one I thought a 9.0 came back a 9.2 and the last one came back a 9.6 and I was surprised, thought that one would be the 9.4 :)

Apparently it will be another two weeks before they ship.

I just had Value Tier books from 6/25 go into "Scheduled for grading"

and was able to get preliminary grades.

On the other hand I had 3 value/economy fast tracks dated 10/01. I expect 1 in the mail tomorrow. The other two have not gone into "shipped/safe" mode.

What I am not sire of on the fast track is what 20 days means. Does that mean shipped or just graded. If shipped is the operative word, they must be at least 2 weeks behind, maybe 3 or 4. That's a real problem.

I just had Value Tier books from 6/25 go into "Scheduled for grading"

and was able to get preliminary grades.

On the other hand I had 3 value/economy fast tracks dated 10/01. I expect 1 in the mail tomorrow. The other two have not gone into "shipped/safe" mode.

What I am not sire of on the fast track is what 20 days means. Does that mean shipped or just graded. If shipped is the operative word, they must be at least 2 weeks behind, maybe 3 or 4. That's a real problem.

It's 20 business days - so about a month.

And it's supposed to be from when the comics have been received by CGC (eg. the received date that shows in the online status) to when they're marked 'shipped/safe'.